It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonalds Supports Taiwan Independance!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
If you go to www.mcdonalds.com you can see the select a country pulldown menu and if you scroll down nubmer 53 is Taiwan!!! The UN and WHO won't allow Taiwan to officially participate, but wait?? Ronald McDonald the Champion of Taiwan Freedom! Maybe the will send Ronald McDonald bombers and drop hamburgers on the Chinese!

Does McDonalds, a Multinational Corporation Support Taiwan Independance???

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I don't get what your conclusion is. The premises are flawed. I went to the site and it shows countries in which mcdonalds has restaurants, with an established website. It's like saying, because China is placed on the list, does that mean that McDonald's supports communism? There are reasons why the UN and WHO don't allow for Taiwan to participate, and that is mainly because China has enough power to make demands.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
No. Because China is placed on the list of "countries" McDonald's recognises China as a country.

Because Taiwan is on the same list it is given the same importance. ie McDonald's thinks it is a country. A DIFFERENT country.

I doubt it was done deliberately but it is kinda funny. If I was a Taiwanese independence type I'd quote it. No doubt Maccas would come out with a swift response but it would be funny to watch them scramble.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
McD's will whore themselves out to the highest bidding country - whatever the best markets are. They are an American product and we are trying to globalize the US into other countries. Instead of conquering the world by force, the US is trying to conquer by economic means. If we put all our corporations into the world, we can own the world and dictate them. Get it? McD's is bad food and pure evil within its highest ranks. I love fast food, but their product is less than normal and their leaders wish to make a lot of money selling crap. I would rather eat at a lesser like Wendy's and eat decent tasting food with a less global corp. I hope China and Taiwan thoroughly rejects US corporations and keeps us in check. If the US globalizes the world, then they won't have any competition and will become a dictatorship.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Hey, Mc Donalds doesn't give awooden nickel about what the China - Taiwan duel is all about- their just interested in sellin burgers and fries- Whats wrong with that?
When I went to china, in the Mc donalds advertisement I saw a kid with a chinese flag and all that red flags waving stuff- that doesn't mean that Mc Donalds cares about MAoism and all that red flag stuff- they only want ot sell their Burgers - ITS ALL ABOUT THE BURGERS !!

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I don't know if they had a McDonalds in Kasmir would they put it on that list. Probably not. When this first was found it McDonalds didn't do anything. Then they changed the title to Country/Region...So as not to conflict with world politics but still Taiwan is not a Region. It's a province of China.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
bbs.chinadaily.com.cn...
Here is the photo evidence and the original thread this was published in. The China Daily Newspapers' Forum. The pictures shows it originally said Country, but McDonalds then changed it to region amid protest from others.

Originally posted by 00PS
I don't know if they had a McDonalds in Kasmir would they put it on that list. Probably not. When this first was found it McDonalds didn't do anything. Then they changed the title to Country/Region...So as not to conflict with world politics but still Taiwan is not a Region. It's a province of China.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Hey, Mc Donalds doesn't give awooden nickel about what the China - Taiwan duel is all about- their just interested in sellin burgers and fries- Whats wrong with that?

I know what you are thinking; there is nothing wrong with earning money. This is true to a point, but notwithstanding ruining a culture with American ideas, the idea of capitalism requires constant growth. When the world becomes a true NWO, then the grips of capitalism basically requires that the rich stockholders have to become ever more rich at the expense of everyone below them. I do not know if you understand this, but the US based capitalistic economy requires that it requires growth in volume of its sales. If US corporations expand entirely to a global market, then the market becomes fixed and the only growth allowed is to suck more money from the consumers at an uncontrolled rate. Hopefully, you understand the future implications of this.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Taiwan is not a Region. It's a province of China.

...here we go again...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
It seems you may be knowing some 'truth' we are ignorant to. Care to enlighten us? Taiwan is in fact a Province of China. Has been before and after Japanese occupation. They have never declared independance so how could you think otherwise??? Care to enlighten us??

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
In the mid 1600's Taiwan was occupied by the Dutch, and I suppose one can say the portuguese. Colonies were created, and Taiwan was used as a trading post/station, with Japan. China said absolutely nothing.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by IKnowNothing]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Native Americans controlled the majority of the United States so..... That arguement is kinda a dead ender. So if you want to go back further check this out... In...

1387: the Penghu islands (also known as the "Pescadores" in the West) are incorporated into the administrative system of the Chinese Ming dynasty.

For a full timeline of Taiwans history go here

www.taiwan-info.de...

Nox

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
McD's will whore themselves out to the highest bidding country - whatever the best markets are. They are an American product and we are trying to globalize the US into other countries. Instead of conquering the world by force, the US is trying to conquer by economic means. If we put all our corporations into the world, we can own the world and dictate them. Get it? McD's is bad food and pure evil within its highest ranks. I love fast food, but their product is less than normal and their leaders wish to make a lot of money selling crap. I would rather eat at a lesser like Wendy's and eat decent tasting food with a less global corp. I hope China and Taiwan thoroughly rejects US corporations and keeps us in check. If the US globalizes the world, then they won't have any competition and will become a dictatorship.

American [inter]Nationalism > Chinese [inter]Nationalism
American [inter]Nationalism > Taiwanese [inter]Nationalism

That's all it really takes.

As long as American and Japanese products are viewed as superior by Taiwanese and Chinese, they'll both be unable to reject Japanese and American corporations.

Friends and family in Taiwan and China still pay me to bring hardware and clothing from America rather than buying their own products.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Yo! OOPS!!
Just because my nick is IAF101 doesnt mean I'm Indian-comprende!

It has nothing to do with India or Air force or blah blah.....

Sure they'd put it on the list if they felt that people from Kashmir would like their own section in the site or had different offers in that region!
Region/ Province whats the difference- their independent i.e they don't follow what china tells them to do they ? They are govern themselves and so in their own right they are an autonomous part of China.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069

Originally posted by IAF101

I know what you are thinking; there is nothing wrong with earning money. This is true to a point, but notwithstanding ruining a culture with American ideas,

Ruining Culture you say? How so? Introducing Fast food is not like saying - forget your dim-sum! Actually the local companies are doing better business by having those huge teahouses which serve dim sum than the Mc Donald�s guys. You can have Chinese joints & China towns in America and you don't oppose that but you don't want American Food-chains in China-So are you anti-American or anti-capitalism?[China is doing much better in the capitalism dept than we are at the moment !
] Moreover it also promotes alternatives to travelers in china-

No offence here but when I went to china in 2001 I would have been dead without Mc Donald�s and all those other American FAst food giants you hate so much.
Hey, I couldn't stand eating dim sum and rice balls everyday- I just wasn't used to it!

the idea of capitalism requires constant growth. When the world becomes a true NWO, then the grips of capitalism basically requires that the rich stockholders have to become ever more rich at the expense of everyone below them.

Hey! their is always somebody below everybody you can't expect everybody to give up their profit becouse somebody can't decide whats good or bad for them can you?

I do not know if you understand this, but the US based capitalistic economy requires that it requires growth in volume of its sales. If US corporations expand entirely to a global market, then the market becomes fixed and the only growth allowed is to suck more money from the consumers at an uncontrolled rate. Hopefully, you understand the future implications of this.

YOUR WRONG! People aren't stupid you know- If a cheeseburger becomes $50 who in their minds would buy it ? -NOBODY! A company can only grow and make a substantial profit in a fixed inflationary economy if it can sustain the quality of its goods at the lowest competitive price. As inflation goes up the costs go up and thus buy increasing the cost of merchandise the volumes go down as their are always cheaper alternatives- thats why China is so major right now- two words- LOW COSTS! thats what Globalization will bring and more savings!
Everybody profits- the Chinese guys get good jobs and decent livelihood and we in the USA get DVD players at $100 a piece. Cool isn't it!

As for a NWO forget it their are too many major companies fighting it out as it is, everybody is out the steal the other guys profits- Capitalism benefits both the consumer and the business alike.

new topics

top topics

join