It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson No Fly Zone extended for another week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
By order of Governor Nixon.

Issue Date : August 18, 2014 at 1945 UTC
Beginning Date and Time : August 18, 2014 at 2000 UTC
Ending Date and Time : August 25, 2014 at 2000 UTC
Reason for NOTAM : TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT ACTIVITIES
Type : Hazards
Replaced NOTAM(s) : N/A
Pilots May Contact : KANSAS CITY (ZKC) ARTCC, 913-254-8500

Source

For those who hoped and prayed it would all end by morning, there obviously are those who are thinking and planning otherwise. Is there a systematic agenda here, or is this just precautionary?

The press is being played with and corralled, it would seem. They seem to feel that this has a long way to play out. The FBI investigation is going to go on for how much longer, at least another week?

I hope cool heads will prevail from now till this issue finds some form of resolution that does not destroy the country. Good wishes and prayers for all.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

I hope cool heads will prevail from now till this issue finds some form of resolution that does not destroy the country. Good wishes and prayers for all.

I'm glad that you're praying, prayers are very powerful.

What kind of resolution might occur that does not cause severe, wide spread rioting? I suspect if it goes like Zimmerman, and they find the officer completely innocent, we might not have a comfortable few days.

Does a resolution require that the officer be found to be at fault?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I'm just wondering.. Does anybody think the people agree with this move?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Good question, Charles. What I would like to see is not a pronouncement of guilt or innocence yet, but disclosure and a good analysis of evidence. I think the people are owed that. The rush to judgement is so dangerous in these present circumstances while everyone waits for the FBI to conclude its investigation.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The cops should be told what we are told by our government all time lately.

If you don't have anything to hide, why do you care if we watch you and listen to your conversations? If you aren't doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about.

Yet here we are... Just one more situation that reminds us all that some of us are a little more equal than others.

It should be absolutely illegal to proclaim a no fly zone over our cities if we aren't in war time or the like.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

I've no idea how people will see it. Well not true, exactly. There will be the cynics, the doubtful and the outright disheartened. May the cooler heads prevail throughout this trying time.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I know how you feel. However such zones are declared for different reasons all the time all over the place. In this case, they are not fooling around. It sure seems like a war zone.

edit on 19-8-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Dear Kangaruex4Ewe,

May I come at it from a different angle? Ferguson is a suburb of St. Louis, the planes should be coming down to land. (Or starting low to take off.) I wonder how far up a bullet can travel?

Also, I don't think it's unreasonable to put up some helicopters to get a better view of the city. If planes are at low altitudes, I can see a mid-air crash as a real possibility.

I'm not sure it's about secrecy.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952
It would appear they want to play "The Most Dangerous Game."

"I wanted an ideal animal to hunt," explained the general. "So I said: 'What are the attributes of an ideal quarry?' And the answer was of course: 'It must have courage, cunning, and, above all, it must be able to reason.'"

Rainsford did not want to believe what his reason told him was true, but the truth was as evident as the sun that had by now pushed through the morning mists. The general was playing with him! The general was saving him for another day's sport! The Cossack was the cat; he was the mouse. Then it was that Rainsford knew the full meaning of terror."

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Why is there a no fly zone? What does that accomplish?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
" Ferguson No Fly Zone extended for another week "

Hmmm.

Looks like they know whats going to be happening.

Depth Perception is everything.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Hi Swills. Hey, I certainly don't claim to represent their thinking at all, , but I imagine that they could bring out some risk analysis assessment to justify their decision, the proximity to the airport, the release of geographical information of hotspots by airborne news crews, the example of past history of helicopter crashes of news crews, maybe? There's a great deal of international interest in this story too, so consider that there could be additional traffic up there to reflect that maybe?

edit on 19-8-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
" Ferguson No Fly Zone extended for another week "

Hmmm.

Looks like they know whats going to be happening.

Depth Perception is everything.

And that's the thought that sends chills down my spine.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Why is there a no fly zone? What does that accomplish?

It accomplishes nothing because its not a “no fly zone”, its a flight restriction below 3000 feet msl. That is to keep aircraft out of range of possible ground fire, and to clear the area for the police helicopters to fly without having to worry about traffic. There is nothing to stop a news chopper fro flying at 3001 feet up, and taking photos from there.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Why? Why can't anyone fly over...this makes no sense some #s goin on.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Ah okay, so that clears it up. I assumed no one was allowed to fly over it at any altitude, except for authorities.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Moi too. I looked up the average flying altitude of helicopters and this is what I found

Most helicopters out there do not have pressurized cabins so the general service ceiling for helicopters today is 10,000 ft. So to answer your question anywhere from 0-10,000 ft. depending on airspace regulations.

source

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Tomorrow night August 20th into the morning hours of August 21st - Ferguson, MO will see increased violence. Perhaps not a major prediction given what's going on there. However, the planetary movements are not going to be good.

Prediction: ~ let's hope I'm wrong
Starting around 9:45pm +/- 1 hour, August 20th (and into the morning hours of August 21st)

• Uranus conjunct Ascendant in Aries Moon in Cancer
  • Uranus Aries True Node
  • Pluto Capricorn Moon Cancer
  • Mars conjunct Saturn in Scorpio Jupiter conjunct Venus in Leo
  • Mars conjunct Saturn trine Moon

To keep the interpretations short...

Uranus conjunct Ascendant
Highly energetic, stimulating, surprising, breaking free of restrictions, restless

Uranus square Moon
Unstable conditions, compromise is out of the question, inflexibility, unyielding stances, finding outlets for emotional tension to relieve it, this cycle often lends to unexpected events

Uranus opposite True Node
Sudden upsets in life due to changing social and technological conditions

Pluto opposite Moon
huge emotional changes affecting home and family. this change involves examining the past and destroying the old concepts. these changes can lead to compulsive, manipulative, and self-destructive actions

I will stop there, and there is more regarding Mars/Saturn + Jupiter/Venus and Mars/Saturn + Moon. I can continue, but you get the gist of what is coming for Ferguson, MO. You might be wondering why I picked 9:45pm August 20th - Uranus (rebellion) in Aries (war) crosses the Ascendant and is square the Moon (emotions) in Cancer (crazy) at the same time Pluto opposes the Moon. Uranus continues to square the Moon for many hours after 9:45pm.
edit on 19-8-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
From the NOTAM:

Airspace Definition:
Center: On the ST LOUIS VORTAC (STL) 129 degree radial at 11 nautical miles. (Latitude: 38º44'28"N, Longitude: 90º18'12"W)
Radius: 3 nautical miles
Altitude: From the surface up to and including 3000 feet MSL

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The actual NOTAM:

FDC 4/4815 ZKC MO..AIRSPACE FERGUSON, MO..TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS. WITHIN AN AREA DEFINED AS 3 NM RADIUS OF 384428N0901812W (ST LOUIS VORTAC STL129011.0) SFC-3000FT TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT ACTIVITIES. PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION 91.137(A)(2) TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT. ONLY RELIEF AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS UNDER DIRECTION OF THE STATE OF MISSOURI ARE AUTHORIZED IN THE AIRSPACE. AIRCRAFT LANDING AND DEPARTING ST. LOUIS LAMBERT AIRPORT ARE EXEMPT FROM THIS TFR. THE OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR OF MISSOURI, TELEPHONE 314-889-2360, IS IN CHARGE OF THE OPERATION. KANSAS CITY /ZKC/ ARTCC, TELEPHONE 913-254-8500, IS THE FAA COORDINATION FACILITY. 1408182000-1408252000EST

These aircraft are flying VFR, which means the crews have to visibly watch for traffic. You don't have ATC watching these aircraft proximity to each other on radar. There have been problems in the past where you'll get official helicopters and 10+ news helicopters all trying to navigate in close proximity to each other. They used to do this just through visual navigation and talking to each other on the radios, but there have been aircraft clipped or almost collided in such instances in the past. Since there were also reports of helicopters being fired upon, 3000 feet is a somewhat safe distance from the ground for aircraft to avoid the average arms that civilians might have.
edit on 8/19/2014 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join