It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Anecdote EVER! (some real food for thought)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This is funny, sad, and true all at the same time. I'm curious to see what ATS has to say about the meaning behind this anecdote.

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official , "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued, "Considering all these events, in your opinion,where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water." the chief went on "Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled. "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

My two cents, I think I would have liked to live in Chief Two Eagles' world better.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatsreal

Oh sure blame it on the white man lol...

that was almost painful to read...

I would say this is more about greed then race... though its pretty hard to deny history...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

wasn't meant to be about race, but the history here is undeniable.

Sometimes you got to call a duck, a duck.

greed maybe one way to look at it. My thought is that it was about my way is better than yours. and this happens all over the world between different groups all throughout history. It's a lack of willingness to learn about one another and show respect for another's way of life.

Its an illustration of the us vs them mentality. I just wish we will one day soon realize there is no them... we are ALL 'us.'

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Yeah, but!

You seem to forget that the Indians went to war with other tribes, sometimes it never stopped.

You don't understand the harsh winters where they could face starvation.

You don't know what the child mortality rate was or how early was the average age for dying.

Of course those buffalo did not just stand in one place, they migrated as did the Indians.

Droughts could almost wipe out some tribes.

Yea, right back in those good old days.

Life was always simpler.

Did while man coming on to the scene, stuff it all up. Yes they did, in a very big way.

But previous to that, it was not all milk honey and sex.

P

top topics

join