It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voter Registration Table ... Where Mike Brown was killed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Reports of the voter registration tables have been reported via liberal activists on social media.

“In front of the makeshift memorial where Mike Brown was killed, they've set up a voter registration table,”

tweeted Jessica Lee, a Human rights attorney at the Center For Constitutional Rights wrote on Twitter.

Michael Brown Voting Registration Booth

I suppose it's another: “Never let a good crisis go to waste"

( quoting ... Winston Churchill )

-
OPINION: Folks DO need to VOTE.

( but this seems ... a tad-bit creepy )

edit on 18-8-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Could that sway peoples votes? Me thinks yes and it's sickening.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
That screams lack of tact and class IMO.

I wonder if they will have a curfew? Are they allowed to take pictures? Can they report? What happens if all of the forms are looted and filled out by more dead democrats???

But seriously... They should be made to move it to another location. But then, they should have had more class than to set up where they did. Bottom feeders.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
By the looks of the picture it's about half a block away not in front of it. What is the GOP afraid people will register to vote or something?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm glad someone was willing to cheapen themselves so swiftly

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
almost seems to me they are upset they didn't think of it first. Now if they did I am sure they
would defend it by saying best time to get registered voters since so many people pass by.

I wouldn't put it past both parties to make the last few shootings (mass and single shooting like this or Zimmerman's case) part of speeches they give. Crap just look what happened int he elections/debates from right after September 11th. Every single one was saying blah blah 9/11 ,blah blah 9/11, wah wah blah 9/11, wha wha terrorists, blah blah 9/11,
reminds me of that Family Guy snippet with Mrs.Griffin running for office.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
You would think under the circumstances that the DNC would spend a little extra money for this effort ??

Looks more like an illegal lemonade stand to me.

Well then again, it's already a high volume Democrat/Progressive voting pocket area.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
from the story;

Another activist urged Ferguson residents to register at both the QT convenience store protestor location and the crime scene memorial.

I guess they can vote twice too ??????

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

That screams lack of tact and class IMO.

But seriously... They should be made to move it to another location. But then, they should have had more class than to set up where they did. Bottom feeders.

I agree with you!

AND

I also believe (1) it would be more appropriate AND (2) they would have a better turnout ( or results) ...

IF it was located ... WHERE the FOLKS are Protesting

edit on 18-8-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
By the looks of the picture it's about half a block away not in front of it. What is the GOP afraid people will register to vote or something?

If there's any thing that puts the fear of God into the GOP; it's poor people voting in their best interest.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

It has to be done with the utmost respect, and it can seem creepy if it is not driven by the community, for the community's own purposes. However, if there is an outrage and a large number of people who feel unable to make themselves heard except by violence, then it is appropriate for respected members of their own community to come to ground zero and offer a better way.

They absolutely can and absolutely should achieve a STUNNING overthrow of every trace of the authorities that let this happen and then tried to stand by it with military arms, and they can do it without a shot fired.

There shouldn't be any unrelated petitions, there shouldn't be any paid operatives, there shouldn't be any outsiders save for volunteers working in a supporting role behind concerned locals with a plan of their own, but there absolutely should be a nexus of sane and productive resistance directly on top of the blood stains that would otherwise be a reminder that violence went unanswered- which is enough to rile up any reasonable person if left alone.
edit on Fri 22 Aug 2014 by The Vagabond because: grammar and typo

edit on Fri 22 Aug 2014 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri 22 Aug 2014 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Registering the graveyards is not a strictly democratic phenomenon. I once phonebanked to registered Republicans in the state of Utah. 1-2% of the names I called were for people over the age of 90, and most of the numbers led to public buildings or were disconnected.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The citizens of Ferguson feel disenfranchised from and unrepresented by the power structures in their community. It's a primarily a black community with mostly white officials. They've been criticized for protesting too exuberantly - how else are they going to affect change if not by the ballot?

But I suppose the conventional wisdom from last century is that they just STFU?
edit on 8/22/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

(post by palmalBlue2 removed for a manners violation)

top topics

join