It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had a strange conversation with my wife about ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I have been online for 30+ years, as someone said earlier, with a 300 baud modem and a C64. I knew at that point, everything I wrote would be scrutinized, privacy is gone in the electronic world. I was a high level electronics instructor while in the military. Anyone thinks they are anonymous is fooling themselves.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all
Perhaps it is best to stop making posts on Facebook. My thought is when I find something I must get it out there for others to see, but I guess I never thought about if everyone wants to hear or know the truth. I guess I can't wake up everyone only those that want be awoken are probably already are.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
# em.........

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

We have the only weapon we need, a vote....Used correctly it change everything.

Our Founders were pretty smart guys.

I will have to re-read the history books.

I thought the American War of Independence was fought with weapons and such like.

I don't remember reading that the voted themselves to be free of English rule, but there you go, perhaps you know a different version of history.

Do you have a source for me to read up on this?

P

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
I have been online for 30+ years, as someone said earlier, with a 300 baud modem and a C64. I knew at that point, everything I wrote would be scrutinized, privacy is gone in the electronic world. I was a high level electronics instructor while in the military. Anyone thinks they are anonymous is fooling themselves.

That was me, that little brown box with its flaky floppy drive (at the end I had hang it by the cord) introduced me into a world and I was never the same after that.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jholt5638
Perhaps it is best to stop making posts on Facebook. My thought is when I find something I must get it out there for others to see, but I guess I never thought about if everyone wants to hear or know the truth. I guess I can't wake up everyone only those that want be awoken are probably already are.

FB posting is your free-will choice, and it is natural to want to share newly discovered truths,people who are receptive to conversations where they are given the opportunity to learn new things will let you know it is ok and so will those not inclined to converse so deeply.I am not to sure what you mean by Waking people up because I have never really seen anyone indoctrinated into a truthfull reality who didnt have to work their arse off and sacrifice many times along the way.

As you discover your own personal truth you will need to decide if you want to be a Crusader for the truth or simply a Truth Seeker for they are very different things and carry very different risks and rewards,I would suggest looking for a clear definition of Crusader so you understand the risks and consequences and intentions of such a route.

Eg. A Truth Seeker might lurk and post and contribute here and try to make their lives and maybe a few close to them better and more learned but would not go much beyond this type of behaviour,while a Truth Crusader might write books make Social Media actions go viral,basiclly go to war with lies and deception, using the masses as an asset,it is more of a life-calling than a Hobby.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Not that she'll like these answers but she might. I already figured from the first time I connected my Commodore 64 up to a phone line that everything put out there is recorded somewhere. If we all are on the list the I couldn't be in better company.

Not to Worry, We checked, you're Cool,,,Your not on our Friends List and we're not on your's. Here at ATS!!!
You haven't posted in any on our threads or followed us in any anti Obama, anti illegal or anti Obamacare or anti Islamic Brotherhood threads.

Now if you'd like to Change THAT!
First,,, Get this copied and made into a bumper sticker for you and your wife's car.

Next you need to go here and write your name on the Wall!

Ok, Print this and take it to your local Sam's Club or Costco and tell them you need them to order you a supply.

OH,,,, Crap,,, Maybe, I don't know,,,, but maybe you need to do this First!

Don't know,,,, just saying,,,,,,,if you want to be a Club Member

edit on 18-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I guess by waking them up I meant showing them things aren't what they seem. So maybe it will ignite them into taking a look around and start questioning the world around them. It seems most people are happy with the world looks to them.

As for Seeker or Crusader for now I am content so for the most part just seeking out the truth. I have two little ones and another coming in March so my time pretty limited. But, I would like to eventually become a Crusader for the truth

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jholt5638

Join the thousands of us who are probably on the list. I wouldn't worry though, you're in good company.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Our Founders insisted we hold our leaders accountable.

As long as you don't advocate violence and never incite any such garbage.

Generally I agree with your point of view but in this case do not. Our founding fathers were not afraid to fight and spill blood if necessary to preserve our freedoms. I for one believe the vote has been totally corrupted.

And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.
Thomas Jefferson

Edit - I would like to add, the government and TPTB in control of America will only listen to one thing and that is force of of arms. Also I don't care who reads this, NSA, CIA, FBI or NBC, etc, etc.
edit on 205pm1515pm102014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I hate to tell you but ATS is "Government Watch List" spelled wrong. I myself hold the number one position on the list, every list. Upstanding member since roughly 1990.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

My poorly made point was you cannot write things that advocate violence.

I very much understand our history and the 2nd Admendment.

I just would not memorialize those types of things on the internet.

That could get you on some type of list.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I had a very odd conversation with my wife today concerning my participation here on ATS.
Her friends and family her convinced that by me being active on ATS and making posts over on facebook
about subjects I am researching or opinions on them, that I and maybe her will be put on some government list of
activists, government bashers, or people to keep a eye on.

******** WARNING *********
I'm going to use insulting and derogatory language because I don't want to you follow my advice.

***** END WARNING ******

What a bunch of mealy mouthed tripe and shame thinking. Such cowardice. Of all the useless group-think ever exhibited.

... so ...

I take it that this conversation took place completely OFF of Facebook.

... what a joke ...

Tell her / them to post their concerns, admonitions, and warnings directly to your facebook page.

This will do two things.

First it will prove they are serious about their concerns and not just whispering shame thoughts at you from the shadows, and second it will give them the ability to tell any authorities that "I tried to warn him."

Then when they officially record their mealy mouthed tripe to your facebook page, screen shot it and post it here so we can address each one of their concerns on a case by case basis.

BUT THIS, WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW, SHOULD STOP!

Because you are being a terrible witness. You are committing the cardinal offense of "INTERPRETING" the conversation for us, and are not giving us any actual quotes. Not a single one. You are telling us what YOU think they mean, and why YOU think they are saying these things. If they, any one of them ( and I suspect you have only actually heard from one person about this even though you paint it as many people) has actually used the word "LIST" or the phrase "SOME GOVERNMENT LIST" I want to see then entire goddamn sentence. NOT your interpretation of what they meant. But the exact precise quoted phrase or sentence that they used.

Because, in my experience, people are terrible at listening and even worse at quoting what other people have actually said. What if she is more of a conspiracy thinker than you are and you are missing the clues. Tell them to go on the record with their warnings/concerns and quit all this fumbling around in the dark jumping at shadows.

Sweet square dancing Jesus, people.
Get a grip!

Mike Grouchy
edit on 19-8-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Just remember that anything placed on the web is being retained as data and anything said on a cell phone is being retained as data. So when the purge comes they will know who you are........

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace
My good friend and No Fly List Buddy,,,,,,,,
At least we won't have to see our Symbol Abused and Raped Anymore.
We're Not Allowed in an Airport! The Sheeple have got what they want, a good Groping!

ETA: Actually, I wanted to add,,, this I found.

(Reuters) - The U.S. government's no-fly list banning people accused of links to terrorism from commercial flights violates their constitutional rights because it gives them no meaningful way to contest that decision, a federal judge ruled on Tuesday.

U.S. District Judge Anna Brown, ruling on a lawsuit filed in federal court in Oregon by 13 Muslim Americans who were branded with the no-fly status, ordered the government to come up with new procedures that allow people on the no-fly list to challenge that designation.

Link

edit on 19-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Not ever had this conversation because I don't tell people I come on here. I keep it vague where I get my information from, "from the Internet" is all they need to know.

Yes there are certain keywords that will draw attention. Linking ats to your Facebook account probably is not wise. I don't have Facebook. Never will.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I guess by waking them up I meant showing them things aren't what they seem. So maybe it will ignite them into taking a look around and start questioning the world around them. It seems most people are happy with the world looks to them.

As for Seeker or Crusader for now I am content so for the most part just seeking out the truth. I have two little ones and another coming in March so my time pretty limited. But, I would like to eventually become a Crusader for the truth

Have you considered the changes these types of indoctrinations might catalyse?

Igniting people to look around is like shouting in a quiet room ,it is loud and impactfull FOR A NANO-SECOND.

Teaching them a new way to think and to see things is the easiest way to give them encouragement to want to learn more about their reality,this does not have to include jarring their reality with bare hard truths it took you yourself the assistance of places like this to adjust to ,it may be more subtle starting with peripheral truths which dont rock the entire boat.Maybe try something cool and fun like easing them into the wonders of something they know well like water,show them how water has memory,how it will record emotions,how it will record intentions,this is easy to do and fun and you can experiment at home.Things like this are nice ways to get people motivated,Try not to hit anyone with something like David Hamel or Viktor Grebbenikov or Dr.Hulda Clark or any heavy-weights that could shock them to much,especially if they consider themselves to be intellectually inclined,those types fall the furthest and hardest and fight the least.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
What if ALL of us decided to not say anything and keep things to ourselves?

What would the world be like if everyone who had ever lived remained silent out of fear?

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people" ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

edit on 19-8-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Well, this new thread here on ATS will probably not make your wife any less nervous about your search for the truth

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I've been on the internet for years now and have said some really stupid things here and there.

Never once has someone from the real world told me to simmer it down. Or stop what i'm doing.

I'm not sure if these accounts I have, have ever even been narrowed down to me personally or not, but If i'm on a list, then it doesn't really show or effect me in the slightest so it seems to be none of my concern at this point. So I would assume it should be the same for most people.

Also, you have to realize that there are waaaaay worse people out there then you or me having friendly discussions in a search for truth, and they get most of the unwanted attention

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join