It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Getty Photographer Arrested In Ferguson

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

See. Here's the thing.

The tear gas was fired at a mob encroaching upon the area where Al Jazeera was staged.

An armored vehicle came to their RESCUE, they did not arrest them, as the lies continually get spread.

The police took them to safety, then went back with them later, and assist them in helping retreive their equipment.

Al Jazerra were totally unaware of the mob, coming from another direction.

I heard a spokesperson on news radio give a statement, and they very clearly stated they were NOT fired upon, but rescued. They were accidental collateral damage from the tear gas.

However, Al Jazeera is well known for a wee bit of hyperbole, so finding anything real online is difficult, but not impossible.

Huffington post also updated an article in the last paragraph of an inflamatory story, instead of addressing it in a seperate article, and have edited it several times to minimalize their embarrassment at their reporting error.

But cameraman Sam Winslade, one of the three
members of the crew, told TheWrap that the
officers only delivered them to safety after
initially pointing guns at them.

“We were fired at from a police MRAP (police
armored personnel carrier) vehicle,” he said of
the tear gassing. He added that his crew then
fled and “sought shelter between houses.”

Eventually a separate MRAP — apparently the
one from the St. Charles SWAT team — pulled
up.

“As that vehicle came close we (as a group of 3)
yelled out to the MRAP we were press and we
approached the vehicle with hands
visible,” Winslade said. “They opened the back
of the vehicle and ordered us inside. Whilst the
doors were open and we were outside — I do
recall seeing ‘SWAT type’ firearms pointed at
us. We were helped aboard, and taken back to
our vehicle.”

fox2now.com...

edit on 19-8-2014 by Libertygal because: format

edit on 19-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

The tear gad was fired at a mob encroaching upon the area where Al Jazeera was staged. An armored vehicle came to their RESCUE, they did not arrest them, as the lies continually get spread. The police took them to safety, then went back with them later, and assistem in helping retrive their equipment. Al Jazerra were totally unaware of the mob, coming from another direction.

have you seen the vid of it ?

strange way to protect the camera crew by firing a canister right where they are filming

here it is incase you have not

edit on 19-8-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes, I did. And no one seems to know who fired the tear gas, but it was clearly not Ferguson or St. Charles that did it.

As the story was told, there were 15 outside police agencies called in to assist that night, so laying blame on Ferguson is not as simple as it seems.

And, as was explained, there was a mob encroaching from the other direction.

The agency that did it should be held responsible, but, it was being claimed as a mistake.

When press goes into an area such as this, there are inherent risks from collateral damage, as well as from rioters.

You would think, Al Jazeera, above any news agency, would understand this risk.

All press has been warned, and many have reported being attacked by rioters and looters.

What was likely an initiative to protect people from attacks was seen as hiding something.

Looters have a tendency to not liking having their photos on the front page of the NY Times.

I am sure by this time, the press is now there at their own risk. If they get shot or injured by a protester or looter, too bads.

I am watching Fox News right now. Some kind of take down happened, and the reporter just said something was being hurled at him, which provoked him to run across the street. Good.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...
aten-reporters-with-molotov-cocktails/

FERGUSON LOOTERS
Attack, Beat, Threaten
Reporters With MOLOTOV
COCKTAILS

twitchy.com...

Media are being warned by both
looters and protesters to leave.
#Ferguson
feed.matthewkeys.net/live3/

2:34 AM - 16 Aug 2014

www.breitbart.com... FERGUSON LOOTERS
Attack, Beat, Threaten Reporters With MOLOTOV
COCKTAILS -Government/2014/08/15/Looters-Strike-Again-in-Ferguson-Assault-Threaten-Citizens-Defending-Businesses

LOOTERS STRIKE AGAIN IN FERGUSOHREATEN JOURNALISTS, LIGHT FIRE

edit on 19-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Sadly, I won't be surprised to see this guy die an early death. Michael Hastings with a camera.

Pictures worth a thousand words, depending on local exchange rates.

Yeah yeah, I get it. "Hey, other countries. Check out all the cool stuff we could f*** up YOUR country with. We'll show you just a taste of it on our own country."

The world is watching us. Never really been a good thing to make worldwide news, now has it?
edit on 8192014 by CloudsTasteMetallic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Libertygal

The tear gad was fired at a mob encroaching upon the area where Al Jazeera was staged. An armored vehicle came to their RESCUE, they did not arrest them, as the lies continually get spread. The police took them to safety, then went back with them later, and assistem in helping retrive their equipment. Al Jazerra were totally unaware of the mob, coming from another direction.

have you seen the vid of it ?

strange way to protect the camera crew by firing a canister right where they are filming

here it is incase you have not

Libertygal isn't interested in your video because it doesn't support his/her agenda. This user continually spouts Fox News propaganda and hearsay in support of the racist police state.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Here is a video being tweeted around of an officer pointing assault rifle at media allegedly in Ferguson.

He was apparently looking beyond the media crowd with rifle raised but kept it raised at media when yelling to get back, ended in good cop bad cop scenario.

Looks as dangerous to cover this story as some Middle East stories.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
One thing I've noticed, but could be wrong about: Where are all the Iphone pics and vids that one would normally expect to see coming out of such a situation? Is it because the poor cannot afford such luxuries that this unbalanced-in -representation area was zeroed in on, just waiting for something to happen and so it could be exploited to fit a greater agenda? My Spidey senses are screaming 'Yes'.

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out, but it's not only the extra-expensive iphones/smartphones that have cameras. I don't have a "smart" phone, but it does have a camera in it.

So I would say yeah, even in a lower-income area you would probably expect some people to have cameras.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join