It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking all the rules Anyone know of any you want to see broken?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hey all,

Recently I broke my fibula and have been quite bored and immobile. Out of my bordem I decided to start drawing a series of things and pretty much try and throw out anything I have learned in regards to proper technique in areas such as figure drawing, value, composition etc etc. I am not even drawing from life, using a photo, or even a ruler to scale proportion, I am completely not using additive value correctly and also using mixed mediums that could end up being catastrophically mixed etc etc. Why, well I want to try and recreate the creativity I used to utilize when I was a lot younger experimenting with different things and see if I can create anything interesting. So far here are two in progress:

=133501405&filters[recent]=1&sort=1& o=1]link for full image

=133501405&filters[recent]=1&sort=1& o=0]Link for full image 2

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Props to you, it's a lot better then my drawings... I am unsure what the last one was, care to describe that one xD?
edit on 18 8 2014 by elixz because: correction

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: elixz

If you click the link below the pic it has a better quality pic of it. Other then that I am imagining a woman with her head tilted back so far that a straight glimpse at her all that is visible is her twisting body, neck, lips and tip of the nose. they are both works in progress. I am not shooting for realism though either =D just kind of an experiment, the links are the best way to view these images though it goes to my photobucket account

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Bro you have skills... When did you get the idea to suddenly decide to Draw stuff? Ah I wish I had Your kind of determination... It's great keep up the good job, maybe you might become the NeXT Edvard Munch.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: elixz

thanks for stopping by to look at my work and make a comment.

If you are interested here is an older thread with alot more of my art its all kinds of stuff drawings, paintings, some color, some not. and I am uploading an update now of the first pic in this thread to show progress, the other one is still wet from the ink wash =o

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

=133501405&filters[recent]=1&sort=1& o=0]Link to better quality image
edit on 18-8-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Does anyone know how to shrink and post an image so you get the whole pic in here on ats??? I can never get the size right when posting here.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I think they are both great. So keep breaking the rules.

edit on 18-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

I will break them all if I can make them work and if I can't Ill try to bend them, "sometimes you got to run before you can crawl" Tony Stark (Ironman 1)

=133501405&filters[recent]=1&sort=1& o=0]Link

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I told you I would track your thread down.

Awesome work as usual Brotherman!
I do hope you heal quickly though... but keep taking time to draw after you do. You're good, and you should use it!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

lol use it to do what exactly, entertain ats =D

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

lol use it to do what exactly, entertain ats =D

Yourself, ATS, anybody who enjoys looking at beautiful things...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Im glad you find my art beautiful, most people think its dark and scary. I want to do a feature length comic book and a video game one day!!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Im glad you find my art beautiful, most people think its dark and scary. I want to do a feature length comic book and a video game one day!!

I can get dark and scary myself. Maybe that's why I like it?? I write a lot and that's what most say about my writing.

I think you can do anything you want to do with it. Seriously. It's never really too late and I ASSume you are younger (at least than me), if you are then it's more within your grasp than not.

The honey badger is supposed to be a tenacious little bas*!@$* anyway.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I am a honey badger, I write alot too, go to my profile and look up some of the stuff I posted in short stories hahaha be warned it may make you either insane, scared, or wildly entertained. As far as being younger, I probably am I'm 28 turning 29 on halloween. Guess you figured that cause I said the V word (video games) lol lots of gurls despise the V word =D

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I am a honey badger, I write alot too, go to my profile and look up some of the stuff I posted in short stories hahaha be warned it may make you either insane, scared, or wildly entertained. As far as being younger, I probably am I'm 28 turning 29 on halloween. Guess you figured that cause I said the V word (video games) lol lots of gurls despise the V word =D

I'll check it out. And I'll have you know that I am a girl gamer at the age of 37.

When do you think Mortal Combat, Super Mario Bros., and Street Fighter, etc. were made?? To this day I buy the newest Nintendo system out just so I can make Bowser my b!*#%...

My husband may very well despise the V word as much as the girls you described do.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Im a huge retro gamer from the 80s 90s and early 2000 era they are my favorite games and the consoles dont matter, lol I have a few dedicated original arcade cabinets as well =D

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Hey sorry to hear that you broke a bone!! Yikes! Hope you are healing well and doing okay.
I really like the artwork!

My grandma said I should start using pencils and shade until I can get my hands on some paint. I wanna start again. I did paint something recently and wrote a poem to go along with it. I will share it eventually.
Thanks for sharing your art. It's really good

-nat

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: natalia

Oh theres my favorite kitty cat =D thanks for stopping by to look! I'm glad you like it, this girl I'm seeing thinks I have a sick imagination and she doesn't like it so I decided I am going to put it in an art show, that'll teach her hmph! =D jk

new topics

top topics

join