It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Irish Claddagh??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Not sure where to post this exactly...

I had read a few things on Google.com message boards about how the real history of the Claddagh is that it was used as a 'prostitutes ring' and possibly even NWO related symbol, amongst wearers JFK, Reagan, etc.
All are known to have worn them extensively. theres all kinds of weird things i've been reading about these kind of things recently, and am sort of new to the whole thing, as far as celtic stuff like this goes.
i mean, i know the basic background but is there more to this?

Whats the true story?? or is this BS?

dont get me wrong, i am not bashing the celts in anyway. im of irish descent myself and have always wondered and heard various things. however whats its recently been used and abused as, still is left to wonder. is weird that the republicans seem to be very fond of this symbol. epecially the bush family and reagans.

all kinds of things seem a little weird about it... and there seems to be no real "concrete" thing behind it.

anyone have any info or theories?

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Maybe post some links that you found interesting...

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I don't know about any link to prostitution but the claddagh is said to represent love loyalty and friendship or something like that, the crown loyalty the heart love the hands friendship or whatever.

This website has an intersing capsule history about it.

Perhap the prostiution part arises out of this portion:

[one how to wear a claddagh ring]
1--On the right hand, crown in heart out, the wearer is free as the birds in the sky. If you want her, go a courtin'.
2--On the right hand, crown out heart in, the lass is spoken for, so lay off.
3--On the left hand, place of choice, heart in crown out, she is happily married for evermore.

So maybe those randy ainglish invaders saw all these irish lassies running around saying 'take me i'm yours' and figure, 'these rash wanton papists are all hooers'.

Here's a typical claddagh ring

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
dictionary.reference.com...
clad·dagh
n.

A ring with a raised design of two hands clasping a crowned heart, usually given as a token of love or friendship.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The origin of the names Kennedy and Reagan may tell you something about why they might have worn it (didn't know they did actually).

Fact of the matter is I never saw it before, but you know how the GOP is about "family values", so I'm not guessing that there is anything sinister to it. Was it family values... or was it family worth? I've noticed that certain prominent families named in this thread have more of one than the other.

top topics

join