It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do thugs always play `the innocent victim ` card`

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I Agree with you OP there is nothing in my mind that will make me feel sorry for a thug or gang member i see where everything goes and know what tasks are set for these people to get out and in prioritory to not get out is mad so why risk or comprimise further its ridicculous to me the attitude of these people whoever saying that they need a chance you are putting a compromise over a happy place one with contribution and agreement and if you a patient it has peace but by supporting a thug you are looking at a bought out structure that wont be provised in a lawfull manner and often ends in statistics and not even achievements if you ask me i was on the route to being a thug but then someone gave me a chance and with that i built myself a way back up and when it was that i heard of something to own although its hard there is a true player in life and its like priority i remember the time where priority played in one of my decisions to make and it would be the only thing i find that gives me a voice see if you can think of a gang memebr that remebers a priority because i cant.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

So you're justifying the police state by essentially saying if black people were shot dead at the time of the alleged crime, then we wouldn't have to worry about them returning to the streets to commit more crimes?

What brand of freedom is it you believe in again?

How can you be against the police state (so long as it affects you), but completely justify it's use towards another?

Seriously. Answer my question. I want to know and understand how you could be so openly hypocritical.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hatchetman
I Agree with you OP there is nothing in my mind that will make me feel sorry for a thug or gang member i see where everything goes and know what tasks are set for these people to get out and in prioritory to not get out is mad so why risk or comprimise further its ridicculous to me the attitude of these people whoever saying that they need a chance you are putting a compromise over a happy place one with contribution and agreement and if you a patient it has peace but by supporting a thug you are looking at a bought out structure that wont be provised in a lawfull manner and often ends in statistics and not even achievements if you ask me i was on the route to being a thug but then someone gave me a chance and with that i built myself a way back up and when it was that i heard of something to own although its hard there is a true player in life and its like priority i remember the time where priority played in one of my decisions to make and it would be the only thing i find that gives me a voice see if you can think of a gang memebr that remebers a priority because i cant.

Is "thug" and "gang member" secret code words for BLACK, by any chance?

Just making sure I'm catching the drift and hearing/reading things clearly here.

Funny how when T&C rule out the use of racial slurs, suddenly nobody really has anything to say on the issue.

I LOVE T&C.

Now, only the racists can voice their opinions by attaching stars next to others names. There isn't even an attempt to type up some type of reasoning for the blind hatred of somebody of a different race... once the one word can't be said, it suddenly becomes no fun anymore.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: celerygeneral

In the case of Brown I rather think they do.

First we see him on video robbing a shop and threatening the store owner you could easily see what brute he was - regardless of any skin colour.

Next you hear the comments by witnesses who said he went ro bum rush the cop.

Then you have the shots in his arm, which look like warming shots to stop this hulking great man - it didn't so then presumably the cop feared for his life and he shot him.

There nothing racial about that but the story of a thieving thug nevertheless.

The people looting, burning and kicking off - probably partially through boredom are making it a racial matter. These people, if they hate white people so much, have African origins, why on earth don't they emigrate to a better life in Africa, where at least they won't face to many dreadful white people. Forget the number of whites who have lost their jobs and are living rough - they don't count.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: dinogirl

Taking into consideration that the Police officer had no knowledge of the robbery which took place prior to the shooting, I would have to say the Police officer is in the wrong. He had no justified reason to pump 10 bullets into that kid unless we are not being told the truth...

The robbery thing is irrelevant regardless of what or who this kid knocked around with. The Officer's reason wasn't because of the robbery.

While the LEO involved may not have known about the previous robbery, you can not say that he had no justified reason for his subsequent actions. (I also think you may have added 4 extra bullets...)

...or maybe you do. Do you have other information about this incident that I may not be aware of?

Also, I am sort've with dinogirl on this. The media have slewed this to engender a specific response from the populous. Emphasizing the number and placement of shots while showing a picture of the guy taken, i would guess, quite a few years ago, then quickly skimming over the CCTV from the robbery without clearly stating the the 6ft plus thug threatening and intimidating the people in the shop, while blatantly and openly walking out with a handful of stolen goods is the person who was shot.

I'll repeat that, the child in the picture was not who was shot....the thug stealing and threatening is who was shot.

What does it say about his attitude that the theft was that blatant. This wasn't a sneaky bit of shoplifting, or an after hours burglary. This was a grown man with the arrogance to walk into a shop, with CCTV, casually help himself to whatever he wanted, and then stroll out of the shop as if it were his by right. When approached as he was leaving, he uses his size and aggression to intimidate the person who attempts to stop him.

At the moment, we don't know why he was stopped, so the legality of his shooting is still unclear, but don't be misled into thinking that this is a 12 yr old boy was scared and willing to comply with the officers requests.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Clarify for me what you mean by "these people".

I also know that the term "thug" is new "N" for the right.

WOW, trying to stigmatize a word to prevent it being used accurately. (you made this ascertain on another thread also, but I let it lie)

Watch the guys behavior in the store, it was thuggish, he is/was a thug.

Thug - A violent person, especially a criminal: he was attacked by a gang of thugs

Was he a criminal, we have CCTV of him performing a criminal act.
Was he violent, the same CCTV shows him acting aggressively.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: dinogirl
Well without getting into the full case of the Ferguson shootings, it is clear from the autopsy he was shot in the front, not `in the back while having his arms up`

Cctv footage also shows him involved in agressive robbery before hand, meaning he is ANYTHING BUT a `innocent victim in the wrong place at the wrong time`.

I am not following the brown case because it is of no interest to me in the UK, plus i have ZERO sympathy for what is clearly a gang member/ trouble maker type person.

These people are thugs, plain and simple, and its okay for them to carry out burgularys/ theft/ muggings or even killings, but when it comes to one of them being killed by the cops, suddenly there is out rage across the ghetto/ thug world, and that somehow gives them the right to create anarchy and looting.

Same happend in the UK in 2011, this is why i just do not in the slightest feel sorry for gangs/ ghetto people etc, whenever i hear about one of them being killed by police, i couldnt give a damn how or why, i just think` great one less gangster on the street`.

The police are no angels, nor am i saying every gangster deservers to die, but to play the `woe is betide us` card, is just ridiculous. i do not feel sorry for these people in the slightest, these are the same kind of people that rob stores/ steal cars/ harrass people walking by/ mug people for their phones etc, and the more of them gone, the better.

Once again, the police are no angels, but they do NOT randomly open fire on people (maybe dogs yes, but not people),
If this thug would have listened to them, and not been ignorant and try to get away to look tough, and then brag to his friends on the streets how tough he was, he would not have been shot, Period.

Well...I believe there is only one logical explanation. Taking into account who these people are and that this is their typical action/reaction, I would have to say they have no self-control, that they are therefore "animals" and finally...see your dog comment near the end of your post.

You see...as a people and as a society, we don't NEED to deal with these types of people. We can decide that they are a menace and imprison, evict or exterminate them. And to some extent, considering that they refuse to be civil, they have pretty much made our choice for us. I mean...it really is simple. If some people can not exist in a law-abiding, civil society...they need to be removed so that the majority...the law-abiding, civil people can prosper.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: celerygeneral

originally posted by: Hatchetman

Is "thug" and "gang member" secret code words for BLACK, by any chance?

Just making sure I'm catching the drift and hearing/reading things clearly here.

Funny how when T&C rule out the use of racial slurs, suddenly nobody really has anything to say on the issue.

I LOVE T&C.

Now, only the racists can voice their opinions by attaching stars next to others names. There isn't even an attempt to type up some type of reasoning for the blind hatred of somebody of a different race... once the one word can't be said, it suddenly becomes no fun anymore.

No it isn't and that's a silly assertion. "Thug" describes a behavior. Gang members are thugs by definition regardless their color. The Crips are thugs, the Italian Mafia are thugs, the Russian mafia are thugs. Thugs are criminals by definition of a particular violent sort, usually street level.

That you assume "thug" is code for black kind of indicates that you have some sort of subconscious racism going on. Why do you assume blacks are criminals?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So because he was a gangbanger (allegedly), that gives the officer carte blanche to fire on him even if he doesn't have a weapon? Whatever happened to just arresting the person and giving him his day in court?

No but now there are a number of places reporting that there are 12+ witnesses who corroborate the cop's statement that Brown charged at the cop. That does change things..

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Why do cops have tasers if they never use them they go right for there gun. After the next shooting. So far this is up to 4 unarmed black kids killed by the police this month
edit on 19-8-2014 by cloudsstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
How ignorant are all these protestors and looters that continue to try and make a martyr out of common criminals? Almost seems like they were really just looking for a reason to destroy and steal stuff...nah that couldn't be it.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Tell ya what! Lets play a game. Ready...

How do you get the attention of the President and have the Attorney General and a bunch of DOJ and FBI pay attention to you?

Take your time...think about it.

Yup...riot, rob, shoot guns at cops, set fires and destroy the property of others!

Thats right...good old genius Obama has decided to REWARD this mob with the presence of the DOJ and their minions. Because...you know...only black people can influence the police to do their job. Not like they would try to influence it one way or the other. Right? I mean, it isn't like they are racist by racing to the scene when a black boy is shot. This is the first time...right? Well...unless you count Martin. OK...second time. But it isn't like they don't race to the scene of Christians in Iraq
or a soldier in Mexico
or chopped up children in the Middle East

Well...its not like they give money to Hamas, or weapons to our enemies, or guns to cartels, or tell the IRS to attack certain citizens, or loose emails and hard drives, or that any of them plead the 5th when questioned, or allow (invite) illegals to cross the already secured border...Ummmm....never mind.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Thugs or people of color , or is that one and the same to you ?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: EverydayInVA
How ignorant are all these protestors and looters that continue to try and make a martyr out of common criminals? Almost seems like they were really just looking for a reason to destroy and steal stuff...nah that couldn't be it.

Because it doesn't matter whether you're one of the richest 1% or dirt poor you have exactly the same psychology:

There's "US" and there's "THEM". The "US's" are group together by those you feel experience life in a similar way that you do, the "THEM's" are everyone else.

To these people the guy who was shot was one of "US" and he was shot by one of "THEM" therefore the "US's" are the victims, this just proves that "THEY" are out to get us and don't like us, therefore we are within our rights to "fight back" and destroy their property, etc.

Humans - an experiment that failed badly.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So because he was a gangbanger (allegedly), that gives the officer carte blanche to fire on him even if he doesn't have a weapon? Whatever happened to just arresting the person and giving him his day in court?

No but now there are a number of places reporting that there are 12+ witnesses who corroborate the cop's statement that Brown charged at the cop. That does change things..

Only so much that I think a taser would have been more appropriate. He was unarmed, the officer has tools on his person (or should) to incapacitate someone with non-lethal force. Or do you find it ok to shoot unarmed people?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: buster2010

So, because we really don't know the truth, about what happened when the officer approached him, he's automatically a pig?

He may not have known about the robbery, but the kid that actually did it did. So who's to say he didn't freak out when the officer approached him, thinking he was busted?

I think just the facts that do keep rolling out, prove we don't know jack about what really happened.

exactly...but it's ok for blatant and open racists to automatically paint Brown a thug...see (and this part isn't directed at you or anyone...just people in general) it's ok for us to paint Brown a thug because of some pictures and an alleged crime. At least you admit that we don't know everything

But look back at Zimmerman...he (IMO only) murdered that kid after being asked not follow...he got off...ok whatever...but then pictures and stories and NEW events start coming to light to show Zimm was not the good guy we thought he was...but we as a society wash it away and still profess to know he is 100% innocent despite none of us being there...BUT a picture of Trayvon comes out and he was a 'thug' and deserved it

See how that works folks? Anyone...ANYONE on either side can and WILL spin a story to their end to promote their agenda...then yell at the other side for doing the same thing...pretty pathetic IMO

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: cloudsstar
Why do cops have tasers if they never use them they go right for there gun. After the next shooting. So far this is up to 4 unarmed black kids killed by the police this month

that we know of

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dinogirl
Well without getting into the full case of the Ferguson shootings, it is clear from the autopsy he was shot in the front, not `in the back while having his arms up`

Cctv footage also shows him involved in agressive robbery before hand, meaning he is ANYTHING BUT a `innocent victim in the wrong place at the wrong time`.

I am not following the brown case because it is of no interest to me in the UK, plus i have ZERO sympathy for what is clearly a gang member/ trouble maker type person.

These people are thugs, plain and simple, and its okay for them to carry out burgularys/ theft/ muggings or even killings, but when it comes to one of them being killed by the cops, suddenly there is out rage across the ghetto/ thug world, and that somehow gives them the right to create anarchy and looting.

Same happend in the UK in 2011, this is why i just do not in the slightest feel sorry for gangs/ ghetto people etc, whenever i hear about one of them being killed by police, i couldnt give a damn how or why, i just think` great one less gangster on the street`.

The police are no angels, nor am i saying every gangster deservers to die, but to play the `woe is betide us` card, is just ridiculous. i do not feel sorry for these people in the slightest, these are the same kind of people that rob stores/ steal cars/ harrass people walking by/ mug people for their phones etc, and the more of them gone, the better.

Once again, the police are no angels, but they do NOT randomly open fire on people (maybe dogs yes, but not people),
If this thug would have listened to them, and not been ignorant and try to get away to look tough, and then brag to his friends on the streets how tough he was, he would not have been shot, Period.
First off,its kind of hard for Mr. Brown to play ANY card,you know,since he is dead and all. Wow. Second,it seems,that maybe you are a little out of touch with what is happening in the United States. On that note,maybe you would be more qualified commenting on the UK. What is happening with the situation in Ferguson is much bigger than I think you understand. I don't condone the so called robbery,and since I don't personally know Mr. Brown,I cannot comment on what kind of young man he was. What I do know is this. If the young man had his hands up in surrender,that officer is guilty of murder. And that my friends,is happening everywhere,everyday in this country. Not just to what you call thugs and gangsters. They,meaning the media,law enforcement, and law makers want to put more emphasis on this robbery(looked more like strong arm shoplifting) and make this a point of division between whites and blacks rather than the real issues. And people buy into it. Forget this thug BS, and don't make this only about race. This is just another example of the police state that is America. And one more thing,I am a white woman and I would like to remind other white people that this kind of thing is coming to your neighborhood soon. That is if it hasn't already.
edit on 20-8-2014 by Okee78 because: spell check,sorry!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Now that it's being shown he paid is he still a thug
The confrontation between Brown and the clerk may have been because Brown impatiently reached across the counter. Perhaps it was wrong for Brown to shove the employee – it is impossible to know what words were exchanged – but this footage seems to exonerate him. It is important to note that Brown only shoved the clerk after he put his hands on him
edit on 21-8-2014 by cloudsstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
and just ask yourself would you be making excuses for this guy if he was white and just finished robbing a store? Would he be the victim in your eyes if he then subsequently assaulted an officer and got shot trying to grab his gun? If you`re progressive and you say yes then you`re a liar. My point being that if you choose right from wrong based on race,any race,then you`re a racist.Liberals are far more racist than conservatives yet they point there fingers and scream racist at every turn because they`re so closed minded and indoctrinated in there views.If you question why in this day and age we have BET TV, or why there are black only colleges,or why we have a black congressional caucus,or the NAACP, or If you wonder why there`s a Ms. black America contest, then the libtards scream racist at you,but who`s really the racist here? If any one of these were white rather than black we`d have riots, and if that`s not racist what is?
I think we should call it like we see it,no excuses or sugar coating. Quit hiding the rap sheet of this guy in Missouri and let the truth come out. Making all of the excuses for bad behavior in the black communities has only made it worst and that's why they flip flop from the assailant to the victim so fast, the dumbasses buy it.

edit on 21-8-2014 by fartsmeller46 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join