It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is happening to me over and over again?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the right forum or not...

I don't know how to really explain what's happening all the time but I'll give an example

- I was talking to someone and showing how the earth looks sculpted so it looks like many different ideas things depending on point of view. One of these ideas I used as an example was north america shaped like a head with a pony tail being punched in the face.

- I was constantly thinking of punching someone in the face.

- I started looking at posts on another forum and people were posting lots of videos of people being sucker punched while walking down the street.

- I went for a walk and some drunk guy punched me in the face when I wasn't looking.

- I got home and turned on the TV and the food network guy said "Wow! it just punches ya right in the face" while referring to the flavor of what he was eating.

So what is this type of experience called? What is it when reality arranges events around you of similar ideas and scynchronizes them just for you? Like that TV show playing that 3 second clip during just at the right time as I turned on the tv.

What is going on with reality? This type of stuff started 3-4 years ago and such things have been happening often over and over again as if something is puppeting humanity with some demented mind control to create the effect for something to do.

It almost feels like being psychic in a way constantly picking up what's common amongst things going on then something happens like being punched in the face!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Well...

Personally I think this experience is called COINCIDENCE...

Quite simply...

A coincidence (often stated as a mere coincidence) is a collection of two or more events or conditions, closely related by time, space, form, or other associations which appear unlikely to bear a relationship as either cause to effect or effects of a shared cause, within the observer's or observers' understanding of what cause can produce what effects.

The word is derived from the Latin cum- ("with", "together") and incidere (a composed verb from "in" and "cadere": "to fall on", "to happen"). In science, the term is generally used in a more literal translation, e.g., referring to when two rays of light strike a surface at the same point at the same time. In this usage of coincidence, there is no implication that the alignment of events is surprising, noteworthy or non-causal.

From a statistical perspective, coincidences are inevitable and often less remarkable than they may appear intuitively. An example is the birthday problem, where the probability of two individuals sharing a birthday already exceeds 50% with a group of only 23

In my opinion, no need to worry.

More here : en.wikipedia.org...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ChrisB76728

Just as you said, this is known as synchronicity. Plenty of wonderful threads here on ATS (do a search, because I'm sure there's more than one.)

It happens to me a lot too, and it's fun to notice. I'm not sure the why and wherefore, but it certainly grabs my attention. Maybe it's just a lesson to remind us of the interrelatedness of everything going on around us.

I recommend spending some time researching this phenomenon--both sides, the believers as well as the naysayers, to hear all the interpretations and explanations. It's a very interesting topic! Good luck finding some answers that work for you.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Just seems like a lot of coincidences happening are so often it's like being arranged by something.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChrisB76728

Just seems like a lot of coincidences happening are so often it's like being arranged by something.

It could also depend on your actual state of mind at the moment that makes you more aware of these coincidences Chris...

Are you lacking sleep, are you taking medication... lots of factors may contribute? But that is just my opinion...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChrisB76728

This is where I say not to let anybody tell you what's what. This is where I suggest you just pay closer attention to what's going on around you, and to do your own research. You are capable of making this determination for yourself. You are capable of forming your own conclusions with the experiences given to you.

It's not going to mean anything any other way than this. Seeking out what you want to hear is going to leave you feeling less-than-satisfied. Good luck and have fun!

edit on 18-8-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Human brain does funny things some time, to give a short explanation, a person is thinking of some music and then they hear it on the radio, wow how did that happen. In fact they "heard" the music first on the radio, but did not notice they did then they hear it on the radio and the mind says "wow i was just thinking about that music". It happens all the time its normal so dont worry. This is a very simple and short but i think you get the idea

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
There is so much going on in the modern world your brain struggles to keep up so it automatically FILTERS out a lot of stuff it perceives as unimportant.

Yet when it fixates on something it perceives as important all of a sudden it seems to be everywhere.

Many people experience this when they buy a new car. All of a sudden their car seems to be everywhere even though they hadn't seen it much before.

The reality is, they were always there it was just their brain had filtered them into the 'noise' category.

It's a natural instinct of the human mind. Many people struggle when this automatic filtering goes haywire and they intake too much.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The Baader-Meinhof phenomenon.

It's like when you learn a new name or word, and then you keep noticing it everywhere.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I think Jung was really interested in synchronicity. Also a lot of people end up suffering from confirmation bias which can really reinforce their ideas of synchronicity. Although with your events taking place in such a short time frame that isn't likely here.

The story I remember most often is of Anthony Hopkins who was looking to buy a rarely published book in London which served as the source material for a new movie he was preparing to do. Unable to find a copy he was taking the train back home and found a copy sitting next to him on the bench at the station. Two years later while filming the movie the author visited the set and lamented to Hopkins that he himself no longer owned a copy of his own book, his last copy which had been heavily annotated had been lent to a friend who had subsequently lost the book. Hopkins mentioned that his found copy was also annotated and retrieved the book to show the author and it was found to be the author's handwriting in the margins, it was the very book which the author had lent out.

Also the various Lincoln/Kennedy facts are pretty cool. Edwin Booth saving Robert Todd Lincoln's life is strange as well. I like the topic of simultaneous inventions as well like the dennis the menace thing is pretty weird.

Also OP what's your Avatar? 'Cause I see like a animal face but also like a slighty risque picture of a lady in a thong? I was wondering if I was crazy.

edit on 8/18/2014 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

What is going on with reality?

laugh or be drawn into it

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I think sometimes your brain just becomes fixated on something. When we decided we wanted to try for a second baby I started seeing pregnant women everywhere! Lasted right up to me getting pregnant again. I think it's because it was permanently on my mind so I noticed it more than usual. I doubt there was a sudden increase of pregnant women everywhere I went.
Now I have my 4 mth old son I keep seeing babies everywhere

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: christmaspig

it happened again today.

I was thinking of this woman named Erin that I thought is the White Rabbit in some game people are playing.
THought if I ever see her again I'll give her the Canadian bunny nickel I found becase she was born in the year of the rabbit.
Then went for a coffee today and what could've passed for her sister, if she has one, sat across from me for a moment that made me think of the white rabbit because her face is kind of shaped like one.
Then just earlier I went on the deck for a smoke and an old white Volkswagen rabbit drove by in the quiet night.
Then came on to this site to check replies and someone posted a link to a site where the second slide image is of the White Rabbit girl from the matrix movie.

I'm telling you guys this reality is messed up! Something is like puppeting humanity like a giant sim city game to create coincidences or something. Maybe I just look for coincidences

Oh and to the person asking about my picture... it's supposed to be both. Like a pareidolia where you think you see a face in an image. I think that's what they're called. It's supposed to be a woman in a bikini sitting down with her head down while appearing as a cartoon animal face.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I am in agreement with NB. I know someone who is going through this right now too. Exactly like the OP is explaining. It appears something deeper than just coincidence is occurring. Or maybe it is just coincidences but for a purpose, such as patterns of coincidences occurring, attention grabbers for a reason. I agree pay attention, what can it hurt ?

leolady

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I find that you have to practice just the right amount of chaos, you can stop being pestered by synchronicity. Go do something you have never done before, or pick a fight with a stranger* or do something crazy. It will help.

*Picking fights with strangers may be illegal in your jurisdiction, please consult your attorney before picking any fights.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
A common belief about synchronicity - kinda surprised no one has mentioned it yet - is that when it happens, it means you're 'on the right path'. Whatever that means.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Several members have mentioned this is coincidence. There is no such thing as coincidence. IMO, our spirit guides arrange certain synchronizations to occur to show us we need to pay attention to the thing that keeps popping up, or in other circumstances, to show us we are on the right path.

"Getting punched in the face" could be a message that you need to see something that is in plain view, but you aren't paying attention to it.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: leolady
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I am in agreement with NB. I know someone who is going through this right now too. Exactly like the OP is explaining. It appears something deeper than just coincidence is occurring. Or maybe it is just coincidences but for a purpose, such as patterns of coincidences occurring, attention grabbers for a reason. I agree pay attention, what can it hurt ?

leolady

Ive been missing you. how you been? Hi tm eup in a U2U so i wont drag this off topic so bad lol.

It seems you maybe the OP is in advertantly rewriting reality in his localized area in regard to his personal life and ecisions. You might be the real life version of the Molecule man or beyonder. OR the government is fooling with your perceptions and youre in a simulator that allows outside communication to the real world and you are un aware.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
i'd rather vote for selective perception there. your subconscious has focused on the "punch" thing. kinda like the 11:11 frenzy going on in some circles.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

There's two ways to go about this: chase the biased feeling that these coincidences are meaningful, or recognize how large the world is and remain calculated.

Synchronicity and the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon are interesting topics. Went down a rabbit hole for a minute there chasing some titles on the subject. Arthur Koestler's The Roots of Coincidence sounds like it needs to be on my shelf, but its out of print.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join