It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAF stepping up operations in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

The RAF is also flying planeloads of ammunition, rifles and machine guns from former Soviet bloc countries in eastern Europe into Irbil in order to strengthen the fighting power of the Iraqi Kurdish security forces who are combatting the jihadis.

In addition, the government is looking at what British gear, such as night-vision goggles and body armour, it could send directly to the country to boost the Kurdish Peshmerga fighters.

RAF stepping up operations in Iraq

Seems Britain is stepping up it's efforts now but nobody has announced direct strikes on targets as of yet. Seems quite ironic, let's give people weapons to fight the people we gave weapons to. Also in this article m.bbc.co.uk... they have announced that 2 Yorks were on the ground in Iraq but that may be old news I'm not sure.
edit on 39101642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'd be very surprised if UKSF aren't on the ground gathering intelligence and playing the same role that the US and UK SF had with the northern alliance when it first began in Afghan in 2001.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
I'd be very surprised if UKSF aren't on the ground gathering intelligence and playing the same role that the US and UK SF had with the northern alliance when it first began in Afghan in 2001.

I imagine you are right. No army will be sent in, but almost assuredly special forces.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

they are, two brothers I know are in the Special Boy Scouts, they are there now...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

That "we gave weapons too"? I am sure that them stealing weapons doesn't mean we "gave them" to IS..

Ah, I see, you're one of those who lumps all the Syrian rebels into one basket? FYI - "we" haven't supplied ISIS (or it's previous incarnation AQ in Iraq) with any weapons. They may, however, have stolen Western weapons from the Iraqi's and other "non-Lethal" supplies we did send to the moderate Syrian rebels.

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I imagine you are right. No army will be sent in, but almost assuredly special forces.

2 Yorks is a regular Army unit, probably sent in because it is stationed in Cyprus. I imagine though, as you've said, there is SAS et al knocking about as well.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I can see you can be trusted with Operational secrets then
neither can the two SBS boys either it seems. Very strange they should tell anyone where they were going though...
edit on 18/8/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

That "we gave weapons too"? I am sure that them stealing weapons doesn't mean we "gave them" to IS..

Ah, I see, you're one of those who lumps all the Syrian rebels into one basket? FYI - "we" haven't supplied ISIS (or it's previous incarnation AQ in Iraq) with any weapons. They may, however, have stolen Western weapons from the Iraqi's and other "non-Lethal" supplies we did send to the moderate Syrian rebels.

2 Yorks is a regular Army unit, probably sent in because it is stationed in Cyprus. I imagine though, as you've said, there is SAS et al knocking about as well.

We did give them to them.. in Syria to fight Assad. They stole more from Iraq, but we gave IS weapons.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I haven't spoken to them in a while, I read it in the papers the other day, they were on a rescue mission

ETA when I said 'they are there now " I meant SBS...
edit on 18/8/14 by djz3ro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Er, no, we didn't. Another one who thinks "Syrian rebels" is a homogeneous group. As I said in another thread, the Rebels fight each other as much as they do Assad - there are all sorts of different groups raging from the moderate FSA, to more Islamic groups, all the way through to the extremes of ISIS.

Also, we haven't even supplied the moderates with much weaponry, we mainly supplied "non-lethal" aid such as body armour and comms equipment, so quite why you think we have sent weapons to ISIS is a mystery.
edit on 18/8/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

so how did US UK EU decide who is "moderate" rebel?
"Good day, please have a seat.
- thank you
We have a few question for you.
- no problem
Do you consider yourself good person?
- well, I'm pretty much regular good as you can be person, yeah
Do you love your mother?
- yeah, sure!
You're fighting only to bring Democracy into your country, right?
- only Democracy sir!
You're not fighting because of the money and spoils of war, right?
- Democracy!!!

OK, we're done here - you will get results by mail.

NEXT!"

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

where do you think most of those weapons ended up?

They are the current QRF battalion in Cyprus I think. I know the IS commanders will know where these air drops are landing if they are worth anything at all but I'm still surprised they are reporting the location.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I highly doubt that UKSF ever dropped a presence in Iraq when the green army pulled out. SRR will probably be out there I know that much.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Er, no, we didn't. Another one who thinks "Syrian rebels" is a homogeneous group. As I said in another thread, the Rebels fight each other as much as they do Assad - there are all sorts of different groups raging from the moderate FSA, to more Islamic groups, all the way through to the extremes of ISIS.

Also, we haven't even supplied the moderates with much weaponry, we mainly supplied "non-lethal" aid such as body armour and comms equipment, so quite why you think we have sent weapons to ISIS is a mystery.
You are either so naive or very misinformed or trying to coverup the elites behinds for some reason...either way you are wrong my friend,most terrorist groups including ISIS have been fabricated and supported by the western powers specially the US to accomplish agenda driven missions...It is not a bad idea to watch something else rather than the MSM all the time.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: shapur

And likewise, I could say your "naive" for buying into the classic conspiracy theory simply because it isn't considered mainstream. Classic analogy is the kid who, rebelling against the "mainstream", "conforming" and wanting his own "identity", ends up being a rocker or Goth for example and starts simply conforming to their mindset instead with an unshakeable belief that they are now "expressing/thinking for themselves" despite the evidence to the contrary.

I can't blame you, I used to be like you when I was younger, listened to Alex Jones, read Rense.com (which is what led me here) until I realised even the "elites" are too bloody stupid to organise half the crap they supposedly do and people give them far too much credit. If you add up all supposed plots they have been responsible for over the last 10 years alone, none of it makes any sense - much of being in contradiction to something else "they" did weeks previously.

Personally, instead of buying into this "NWO/Illuminati" bullcrap, I believe the world is run by a whole slew of different, competing groups/elements made up of individuals, countries, religious/ideological factions and corporations who each have their own idea's on how things should go, hence the amount of crap that goes on, the same it always has and the same it always will. You're not "enlightened", you're not "in the know" - this is Human behaviour and it is recorded throughout history that this is the case.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I think the Elites are not stupid...How can they be when there are trillions of dollars involved?!...Leaving the world exposed to random events that might jeoperdize the whole international trade seems bloody foolish to me.And i am just an average joe who has got no steak on the grill.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

so how did US UK EU decide who is "moderate" rebel? "Good day, please have a seat. - thank you We have a few question for you.

new topics

top topics

join