It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early Death Comes From Drinking Distilled Water vs 24 Doctors With The Courage To Tell The Truth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Dingo80
Has anyone read the 24 Doctors link. They tear this theory apart.

I started reading it, the very first Dr. flat out lied, I already posted my comment. 100% flat out lie.

*** DOCTOR #1 ***
Here is what Dr. Allen Banik says…

“Distilled water is the greatest solvent on earth. (It is) the only water that can be taken into the body without damage to the tissues.

What we as scientists and the public have never realized is that minerals collected in the body from water are all inorganic minerals, which cannot
be assimilated (digested) by the body. The only minerals that the body can utilize are the organic minerals (from fruits and vegetables). All other
types of minerals are foreign substances to the body and must be disposed of or eliminated.

Today, many progressive doctors prescribe distilled water to their patients. All kidney machines operate on distilled water.” – Allen E. Banik, M.D. Author, “The Choice is Clear”

Which part is a Lie. Digesting Organic vs Inorganic makes sense to me.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
Of all the things which are causing me to skid towards an early grave, drinking pure water is the least of them. When will people just bloody stop fear mongering and telling everyone else how badly they are living their lives and mind their own business?

No one is telling you what to do? Someone asked a question. If you hate the thread topic then leave and don't respond, no one is making you.

Oh, for god's sake. Yes, they are. There are always nosey bloody 'doctors' or other scholars and researchers constantly trying to validate their work and their existence by telling everyone else how badly they are doing something and how their way is better etc.

There are so many other things you could be arguing about right now.

Someone made a post and asked opinions. If you don't like the topic you are free to go, no one is making you argue anything. How dare you tell someone else what is and is not a waste of their time. This is exactly the kind of behavior that made me stop debating you in the other thread. Grow up.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Dingo80

OK that's it. I'm switching to Beer -For Drinking, Cooking and Bathing.

That's the spirit!

a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Ohhh OK. So, claiming that "100% of the people who drink water will die", knowing that all human beings that exist on the planet need water to live, isn't fear mongering?

That is fear mongering.

Mongering fear is my specialty. Don't get me started on the dangers of breathing air, I'll have you know 100% of the people who have done that have also died...

ps: my comment was meant to be a joke

a reply to: skunkape23

Or drink a Gatorade.

Medical doctors have stated that this is an overblown fear, distilled waters do lack minerals, vitamins, and electrolytes, BUT they also state that we don't derive much of these from water, we get it from food. So no, unless you were ONLY trying to survive on pure distilled water, you would not die from a lack of these.

I've heard that distilled water is acidic. I know you prefer that we keep our bodies as alkaline as possible, so how can distilled water be good for us?

It's true that distilled water is acidic, whether it comes from a store-bought jug or a distiller at home. The acidity occurs because carbon dioxide from the atmosphere dissolves in the water, creating a very dilute solution of carbonic acid. Distilled water in a container that’s been sitting open for a while could have a pH in the range of 6. (For comparison, vinegar has a pH of about 4, or 100 times as acidic.) Your body responds to this trivial amount of acidity by producing more stomach acid. So long as your digestive system is in good shape, and you're not taking any medication to block the production of stomach acid, then the amount of acidity from distilled water won't affect any body processes.

I've read that distilled water leaches minerals out of your body. Is that healthy?

This assertion is made because distilled water doesn’t have any minerals of its own. However, most of the minerals we take in come from food, not water. And the fact is that your kidneys do a fine job of keeping your minerals in proper balance. As long as your kidneys are functioning normally, you’ll have no problems drinking distilled water.

Source for above
edit on 17-8-2014 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So if I catch rain water and just put it through a water filter but Do Not distill it will it still have minerals in it?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
But what happens to these essential minerals once they are 'stripped' from your body? If this was in fact taking place, wouldn't they just be re-absorbed as your digestive tract processes the water? Just curious..

I have a friend who is constantly putting things on facebook about how all these chemicals are killing you (couldn't just about everything in food [organic, processed, or otherwise] be broken down and classified as a chemical of some sort? Just a thought...), and how everything that we eat is apparently poisonous, and how vegetarians are going to save the world...

The idea that distilled water is harmful seems to fit nicely into the same category.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Try to have an aquarium with using only distilled water pure water and no supplements, fish will die.

I have had some nice fresh water aquariums and a large koi pond. The fish are much more colorful and active if you add some aquarium salt.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Try grinding up a rock into a very fine powder and now mix this into Pure Water, this is "Mineral Water" water that has flowed over rocks for a very long time.

These "Minerals" form Kidney Stones because the body can't use them.

The same minerals can be found in an Organic Form in the food we eat.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Try to have an aquarium with using only distilled water pure water and no supplements, fish will die.

Try to have an aquarium with just water of any kind (besides retrieving it from a natural source), with no supplements, and I'll wager my truck that most, if not all, fish would die.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixFreeman

So if I catch rain water and just put it through a water filter but Do Not distill it will it still have minerals in it?

This is also talked about in the article, Rain Water is the same as Pure Distilled Water, some people live of Rain Water all year round, and they aren't dropping dead.

ETA: Why put it through a Filter?.... it's Rain Water.

edit on Sun4989201480 by Dingo80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Has anyone read the 24 Doctors link. They tear this theory apart.

I started reading it, the very first Dr. flat out lied, I already posted my comment. 100% flat out lie.

*** DOCTOR #1 ***
Here is what Dr. Allen Banik says…

“Distilled water is the greatest solvent on earth. (It is) the only water that can be taken into the body without damage to the tissues.

What we as scientists and the public have never realized is that minerals collected in the body from water are all inorganic minerals, which cannot
be assimilated (digested) by the body. The only minerals that the body can utilize are the organic minerals (from fruits and vegetables). All other
types of minerals are foreign substances to the body and must be disposed of or eliminated.

Today, many progressive doctors prescribe distilled water to their patients. All kidney machines operate on distilled water.” – Allen E. Banik, M.D. Author, “The Choice is Clear”

Which part is a Lie. Digesting Organic vs Inorganic makes sense to me.

I already showed you what part.

The only minerals that the body can utilize are the organic minerals (from fruits and vegetables). All other types of minerals are foreign substances to the body and must be disposed of or eliminated.

Those inorganic minerals your body can't use are Calcium, Sodium, and Magnesium. You know, the things your body will DIE without.

100% complete lie.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
My mother is 93 years old.
She has been drinking tap water for 92.
Just saying.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Blackmarketeer

OK that's it. I'm switching to Beer -For Drinking, Cooking and Bathing.

Works for me. Let's start a movement.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Rain water has some minerals, but not much. It's not the best source for drinking water. If you do use it as your main drinking supply you will want make sure you are supplementing what you are losing.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Dingo80

I dunno I thought you had to planes n fumes in the clouds n shiz

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Try grinding up a rock into a very fine powder and now mix this into Pure Water, this is "Mineral Water" water that has flowed over rocks for a very long time.

These "Minerals" form Kidney Stones because the body can't use them.

The same minerals can be found in an Organic Form in the food we eat.

Our body does use them, stop lying. On one hand you say the body does not use them, then you say you can get them from food and we need them.

Which is it? Hard to keep lies straight.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Quite possibly. But fish aren't land animals. Fish are subject to osmotic influences through their gills (which are continually exposed to water). That's why marine fish don't do well in fresh water, and vice versa. A fresh water fish in a distilled water environment would be something like a marine fish in a fresh water environment. The real problem is not so much that minerals are "leached" out of them but that they absorb water at a much higher rate (since the ambient concentration of water is higher, it tends to migrate into the fish). They run into problems getting rid of the excess water. Of course, over time they may suffer from a lack of nutrients as well, depending on their diet.

Land animals don't really have that problem.

edit on 8/17/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

This is also talked about in the article, Rain Water is the same as Pure Distilled Water, some people live of Rain Water all year round, and they aren't dropping dead.

ETA: Why put it through a Filter?.... it's Rain Water.

No, rain water is not the same. And you need a filter because of the harmful chemicals dissolved in rain water, most specifically nitrates.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

As I stated above, many people live off rain water, and only rain water. This is the purest water on earth, no "Life Saving" minerals. Exactly the same as distilled Water.

They aren't dropping like flies.

edit on Sun02810201480 by Dingo80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

We are not designed to rely on minerals from water – plants are. Our bodies may use minerals from the water but water, as the source of minerals, will never provide all that is needed in the correct concentrations. In many cities like Seattle, Portland, New York and Boston, where the water supply comes from snow water run off, the mineral content is so low that its contribution to the recommended daily intake is inconsequential.

Source

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Quite possibly. But fish aren't land animals. Fish are subject to osmotic influences through their gills (which are continually exposed to water). That's why marine fish don't do well in fresh water, and vice versa.

Land animals don't really have that problem.

I agree, but what was said was not pure water is best for humans, it was that distilled water is the water that runs through ALL water based life.

Distilled water is THE water which runs through ALL water-based life forms.

That is a lie. It's not even partly true, it's a complete falsehood in every way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join