It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Everything" Glaze

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I whipped this up last night for some salmon. The batch was large, so I had some leftover for these amazing pork chops on the grill right now.

It would do well with chicken, too.

- 1/3 cup agave nectar. Conversely, honey works
- 2 tbl chili powder
- 1 tbl smoked paprika (regular paprika works, too)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbl fresh thyme
- juice of 3 limes
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbls oil (i use corn oil....it takes the heat better)

Before putting the meat on the grill, squeeze some lime juice on it, then salt it. Itll help the caramelization. Don't add the above sauce until you have already gotten grill marks.

Last night we put it on salmon, with fried rice and lime/cilantro rice.

Tonight, on pork with green curry potatoes (served with chili lime crema) and fried okra (since the neighbor brought it by this afternoon).

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Sounds awesome!

I love a good glaze..

Thanks BFFT!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'll have you know that this is cruel and unusual punishment to read something that evokes salivation akin to what my old pooch used to do. I don't believe agave nectar is sold anywhere near me and I have never heard of it before, so thanks for the suggestion about honey. If you would be so kind as to PM me your addy, I will happily show up with my own plate and utensils.

Now was that salt amount correct? It is equal to a person's daily max of sodium according to what we are being told. I just tried hummus made with lime and garlic, and I'm totally sold on the magic flavor it creates. The thyme must make it really special. Thanks for the recipe BFFT.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

well, maybe 1 tsp will work.

I take in a LOT more sodium that someone from up north would. Since I don't take in much sugar, the net impact on blood pressure is nil.

But when you are sweating constantly....

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
That's very similar to a glaze I use on barbecued chicken. I use honey. Agave nectar isn't readily available. I also add a little ginger and cilantro. Yummy stuff.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Great to see a fellow Texan onboard! I know what you mean about needing salt. I cook with little salt since my wife has high BP issues, but myself...I am fine so I take it as I can

I will give this a try! I think I will opt for the honey...love what it does for meat! Another option may be molasses. I use it in my bbq sauce.

I can see how this would work well for pork chops. Next time I will give this a shot.

I too love lime and garlic!! The more the better! lol

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Yeah. Where I am, it is as available as honey, and a little cheaper. And since it is a product of the southwest...it just seems "right".

Honey has this flavor to it....agave nectar doesn't.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

lime, garlic, and chili powder....the holy trifecta of southwest cuisine.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

The lime and citrus takes the smellyness out of the fish.
Cilantro.....

I use lemon thyme with citrus on my seafood.

edit on 17-8-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I just had to do it... I looked up agave nectar thinking In would never find it, and lo and behold we CAN get it here in the UK. It looks like amazing stuff.

Okay I have to get it online, but still I think this means I have to try your marinade. Thanks for the recipe BFFT!

top topics

join