It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico protests Texas National Guard troops on US border

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Funny, as that indictment is from a woman that was busted on a felony DUI last year, did 45 days in jail, has kept her job somehow and........hasn't been disbarred.

Now she wants to cry foul when told/warned that her group project is not being funded.

Texas, guard your borders and throw that woman over to Mexico.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

No they don't................they aren't "maintained" there.

They just come across to assist the highest paying customer.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

So, how is it that someone can be lawfully shot if trying to enter into a military/Govt installation?

Where does the Constitution bar something like.......defending our borders?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Funny, as that indictment is from a woman that was busted on a felony DUI last year

That indictment came down from a grand jury. Didn't it??

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Meh, the Mexican government is owned by the cartels. There probably doesn't exist a single Mexican politician that isn't in the pockets of at least one cartel. I'd take whatever they say with a HUGE grain of salt.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Due process huh??? Approaching and violating a direct order to stop, from an outside country is in fact grounds for firing upon someone.

Now, will it be done??? Probably not.

Should companies be hit with large and painful penalties for hiring ILLEGALS??? Yes.
Should the borders be established in a manner that deters people from crossing? Yes.
What method is that? Depends on who is trying to get across.

I am sure that putting some rounds 50 yards in front of people would do more then onto them.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Meh, the Mexican government is owned by the cartels. There probably doesn't exist a single Mexican politician that isn't in the pockets of at least one cartel. I'd take whatever they say with a HUGE grain of salt.

I wouldn't call it "in the pockets" - but these people's (and their families) lives have been threatened for NOT PLAYING the game. The brutality of the cartels is blatant. The people coming here are desperate, and (imho) refugees.

Did you watch the documentary in this thread?
The Real Death Valley: The Untold Story of Mass Graves and Migrant Deaths in South Texas

link   

edit on 8/18/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: double post. sorry, guys.

link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Grand jury means that there "might" be enough to go to a trial.

It really doesn't mean crap.

And get an activist/sympathetic/buddy-buddy judge and you have your grand jury decision.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

And those "refugees" can go elsewhere.

There are closer places they can go.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I wouldn't call it "in the pockets" - but these people's (and their families) lives have been threatened for NOT PLAYING the game. The brutality of the cartels is blatant. The people coming here are desperate, and (imho) refugees.

Did you watch the documentary in this thread?
The Real Death Valley: The Untold Story of Mass Graves and Migrant Deaths in South Texas

So you want to address the Cartel issue then? That's cool. Let's start with ending the war on drugs. Until that statement enters your lexicon I don't care what you have to say about it since it won't fix the problem.

Giving refuge to these immigrants is NOT a solution to any problem and really just exacerbates the issue. It promotes the idea that we will accept all these people fleeing without addressing or condemning the people who are causing the problem in the first place. I don't let my emotional heartstrings get pulled by the news here. I want real solutions not bandaids that will make the problem go away for 10 years or so only to come back many times worse.
edit on 18-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Ok, mac. I'm not sure what your stance is here, but the people coming here for relief are fleeing for their lives -
and as far as I'm concerned, Perry deserves to be called out and held accountable.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

So you want to address the Cartel issue then? That's cool. Let's start with ending the war on drugs, until that statement enters your lexicon I don't care what you have to say about it since it won't fix the problem.

LOL!! Really? You haven't seen my posts about the stupidity of the War on Drugs? I want it to stop -
the cartels are now moving to farmers of limes and avocadoes.

I have NO ISSUES with ending the WoD. It needs to happen yesterday.

Did you watch that documentary? For crying out loud, Krazy, I'm on YOUR side!!

edit on 8/18/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Ok, mac. I'm not sure what your stance is here, but the people coming here for relief are fleeing for their lives -
and as far as I'm concerned, Perry deserves to be called out and held accountable.

And sounds like they can flee elsewhere.
There will always be some excuse for people, to circumvent or completely violate established laws.
Their problem is exactly that....their problem.
They need to deal with their problems.

So Perry deserves to be charged fraudulently by a woman be all rights, not be employed by the State and disbarred for her willful felony acts???

Guess excuses only work for refugees and not Perry.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I can't watch videos at work.

But in any case the only solution I have for this whole situation is ending the war on drugs. No I don't want to take these people into our country as refugees. I don't care how desperate they are. It doesn't fix any problems and just encourages more people to flee to our country.

I hate this discussion because such deceptive means are used to get us to take these people in when the reason they are fleeing their home country in the first place is OUR fault because of OUR stupid laws, and no one wants to talk about that.
edit on 18-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: TXTriker

Some have said the Dems in Austin are acting on behalf of Obama since Perry sent National Guard to the border. That his indictment is the payback for the action.

And that is probably true but isn't the basis of the indictment. The other post indicated that he overstepped his authority by sending the guard and was indicted. Just wanted it be clear. The indictment is strictly political revenge.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Funny, as that indictment is from a woman that was busted on a felony DUI last year

That indictment came down from a grand jury. Didn't it??

A grand jury convened by the DA that was busted for DUI.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

We can't they would attract Jihadist s and want INSURANCE.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I'd like to know how anyone can secure a 1,933 mile border... The Maginot line was heavily fortified and 1/4 as long as the U.S. Mexico border and was very quickly breached.. The MacNamara Line along the border between North and South Vietnam was too costly to maintain and keep armed with Marines.. It never worked anyway. People thinking that the border with Mexico can be secured have obviously never spent any time on the border.. The idea that it can or will be successfully built is silly.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hypervigilant

Which is why we should take away jobs and freebies for illegals so they have no incentive to come here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join