It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the difference between Jesus and all of the other gods?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm in awe with all the different detailed responses. It's trully fascinating, ty for all these many prospectives.

Its also amazing how those that profess their God the most themselves spew the most hate.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

He's real.

From a metaphysical stand point though, Zeus and the other Cthonian's are more like the children of the fallen watcher's tyrant's and men of power, giant's like the titan's and both cruel and like making love to human woman, they play with mortal lives unlike the story of the biblican god who though wroth with mankind for it's corruption (because they are no longer the children he put here) he still loves them and like a father call's them home even though they are now problem children, he is more interested in your soul and intend's to advance you to a higher state of being unlike the Cthonians who seek only your worship and enslavement, there are parallel's though other than the similarity to the book of enoch's fallen watchers, when Zeus supposedly made man he made him from tree's (Garden of eden comes to mind), when Jesus (Yashua ha meshiach to avoid the whole error of mistranslating it as JeZeus) healed a man who had been born blind (He litterally fashioned new eyes for him in his hand out of dirt and spit) he made him see too much at first for a reason, "I see men as tree's walking" then he touched his eye's again and he could see properly.

Jesus made no bone's about it though God is a spirit.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If you look at the message on a higher level where you do not care about the words but the meaning of the words behind the words and compare Jesus to other people like Nanak, Buddha and Rumi then the message become very similar from my point of view.

Calling god Jehovah (the existing ONE), Brahman or Allah is just human words created by humans.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

Very interesting.
edit on 17-8-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
If you look at the message on a higher level where you do not care about the words but the meaning of the words behind the words and compare Jesus to other people like Nanak, Buddha and Rumi then the message become very similar from my point of view.

Calling god Jehovah (the existing ONE), Brahman or Allah is just human words created by humans.

It is claimed that Yahweh and Allah are the same God yet according to the Koran, God is not triune in nature or three in one like the Bible clearly describes him. It is claimed they worship the same God yet according to them, “Allah” never had a son, so Jesus Christ was not God who manifested himself in the flesh to bring salvation but instead was nothing more than a messenger. Jesus was not co-equal with God, but was nothing more than a slave of “Allah” and Muhammad. If they do worship the same God as me then I shouldn’t have to worry about getting my head chopped off for refusing to renounce my faith in Christianity in the first place. I shouldn’t have to worry about my church getting bombed by a bunch militant whack job Muslims if they truly worship the same God as me. This is just basic common sense being applied to your line of thinking. Despite the different points of view of how the Jews view Jesus Christ, I have never seen any systematic beheading of Christians by any sect of Judaism for not converting, obviously because the Jews and the Christians worship the same God, the same seriously cannot be said of Islam, because you shall know them by their works.

And now we have Hinduism, whose supreme “god” is also triune in nature, but the similarities end there. Unlike Yahweh whose very nature and origin is entirely transcendent and separate from his creation, Brahma is entirely different. This religion is the absolute embodiment of pantheism in its most sophisticated form, where there is no distinction at all between the creator and its creation. It is the very religion where the phony theory of evolution was birthed, not one facet of it ever stated off as a scientific theory to begin with. Brahma is described as the universe that burst open from a golden egg as an expansion of heat. Out of Brahma you get Vishnu, the sustainer and caretaker of Brahma who incarnates itself through all biological life forms, starting with the lowest form of water based life on up the ladder, similar to how biological evolution is taught today in school. Out of Vishnu you get Shiva, who is the destroyer of the universe. According to them, this process is never ending, as the universe goes through cycles of reincarnation, of death and rebirth over billions of years. Today, this pagan belief is taught today to your children in school as the oscillating Big Bang theory. Yet again, Hinduism has very little in common with my God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

edit on 17-8-2014 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

hrm, self-immolation? i don't think so, no. i don't see that anywhere in the text. i see it as more of a mind over matter teaching, similar to buddhism. where i think the problem arises, is, as i said earlier in the thread, that it has two layers - 1) a layer that presents the material from a decidedly negative perspective and 2) a layer that presents the material from a decidedly positive perspective. they can't both be held at the same time without creating a massive case of cognitive dissonance. you have to discover the correct path as a result of actually wanting to know it, for yourself, and not because someone told you what to think about it - otherwise you get emeshed in all that rigormole you just described--the condemnation of women, the degrading of the mother aspect in the divine relationship, the degradation of sexuality, self-abhorrence, misunderstanding of concepts regarding beauty, and on and on and on.

but self-immolation? nahhh.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Actually, there's zero contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that Jesus lived. Not a word was written about him until two generations after he allegedly lived.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
The key thing is the difference between Monotheism vs Polytheism.

Jesus and the Judeo-Christian mob were the first bunch to come along and say hey, no, there are not hundreds of little gods all behaving like crazy-assed children, there is but One God who created Everything.

So there's only "One God" acting like a crazy-assed child?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The difference is that all the other 'gods' are merely counterfeits.

Accept no substitutes...

'The Perfect Stranger' illustrates this point very well:

From the 34:15 min. point:

Nikki: There is one thing, I'm confused about: The Bible says that Jesus died on the cross, not God.

Jesus:Nikki... I AM God.

Nikki: Would you excuse me for just a minute, please?

Nikki: Oh my gosh... This guy just told me, he is God!

Lady: They all do, honey... Just make sure, he pays for dinner.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

He's real. ...

The words attributed to Jesus in the Bible were written by men who weren't even alive when Jesus allegedly lived. Moreover, there's zero historical evidence (ie. contemporaneous documentation) that Jesus ever lived or said anything.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Jesus God???

you have any proof for that or it's just made up by the Church?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
What's the difference between Jesus and lets say Zeus? What sets Jesus apart? Why should I believe Jesus exists but not Zeus or Neptune?
This is not aimed to offend anyone I'm just genuinely curious

I know that Jesus might have existed but I'm talking about the Christian god what sets him apart from the rest?

Jesus is a Creator Son of God. So he is a son of God the Father and God the Son. I read a book called the Urantia Book. In this book they describe a vast universe in which the numerous Creator Sons attempt to create in time and space what God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit created in Eternity and that is a perfectly balanced and stable creation. Jesus' creation will ultimately have 10 million inhabited worlds.

Jesus is certainly God like and divine. So he is our creator Father and elder Brother. We must go through him, his creation, before we can progress on to the Eternal creation. As part of his universe training, he is required to bestow himself in the likeness of his various creatures of his creation. From high spirit beings, to lowly mortals. Our world is where he chose to do his 7th and final bestowal and so we know him as Jesus. (www.urantia.org...)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: UB2120

What's the difference between Jesus and lets say Zeus? What sets Jesus apart? Why should I believe Jesus exists but not Zeus or Neptune?

I know that Jesus might have existed but I'm talking about the Christian god what sets him apart from the rest?

Jesus is a Creator Son of God. So he is a son of God the Father and God the Son. I read a book called the Urantia Book. In this book they describe a vast universe in which the numerous Creator Sons attempt to create in time and space what God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit created in Eternity and that is a perfectly balanced and stable creation. Jesus' creation will ultimately have 10 million inhabited worlds.

Jesus is certainly God like and divine. So he is our creator Father and elder Brother. [B]We must go through him, his creation, before we can progress on to the Eternal creation. As part of his universe training, he is required to bestow himself in the likeness of his various creatures of his creation. From high spirit beings, to lowly mortals. Our world is where he chose to do his 7th and final bestowal and so we know him as Jesus.(www.urantia.org...)

The way the author describes Jesus sounds more like how a Hindu would describe the ten incarnations of Vishnu more so than the real Jesus. A new ager would love that book.Vishnu, just like this other "Jesus" also bestows himself in the likeness of his creation starting with the lowest form of life evolving up to man and than into a god like being. It sounds nothing like the Jesus of the Bible.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackManINC

Jesus is certainly God like and divine. So he is our creator Father and elder Brother. [B]We must go through him, his creation, before we can progress on to the Eternal creation. As part of his universe training, he is required to bestow himself in the likeness of his various creatures of his creation. From high spirit beings, to lowly mortals. Our world is where he chose to do his 7th and final bestowal and so we know him as Jesus.(www.urantia.org...)

The way the author describes Jesus sounds more like how a Hindu would describe the ten incarnations of Vishnu more so than the real Jesus. A new ager would love that book.Vishnu, just like this other "Jesus" also bestows himself in the likeness of his creation starting with the lowest form of life evolving up to man and than into a god like being. It sounds nothing like the Jesus of the Bible.

The bestowals I am referring to are the other way around. His natural state is Godlike, he then bestows and lives a life of his various creatures, from high to low. Man being the lowest created being with the capacity to know God. The other bestowals were in the likeness of various spiritual creatures.

The purpose of these creature incarnations is to enable such Creators to become wise, sympathetic, just, and understanding sovereigns. These divine Sons are innately just, but they become understandingly merciful as a result of these successive bestowal experiences; they are naturally merciful, but these experiences make them merciful in new and additional ways. These bestowals are the last steps in their education and training for the sublime tasks of ruling the local universes in divine righteousness and by just judgment.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

The bestowals I am referring to are the other way around. His natural state is Godlike, he then bestows and lives a life of his various creatures, from high to low. Man being the lowest created being with the capacity to know God. The other bestowals were in the likeness of various spiritual creatures.

The purpose of these creature incarnations is to enable such Creators to become wise, sympathetic, just, and understanding sovereigns. These divine Sons are innately just, but they become understandingly merciful as a result of these successive bestowal experiences; they are naturally merciful, but these experiences make them merciful in new and additional ways. These bestowals are the last steps in their education and training for the sublime tasks of ruling the local universes in divine righteousness and by just judgment.

So you are basically saying that the way the author described Jesus is still similar to Vishnu's evolution but in reverse? That Jesus, the creator, extends his Godlike state into nature and henceforth dwells within nature which makes everything we see around us in nature representative of the true nature of Jesus? If this is the case, then this is still a spin off of the incarnations of Vishnu any way you look at it and is not at all representative of the real Jesus. No where in the Bible will you read that the real father, son and holy ghost dwells within nature, because the real God is entirely transcendent and distinct from nature. Gods only real extension into nature was Jesus Christ, his only begotten son, comparing God to anything else but Jesus amounts to idolatry. Not only is this actually Vishnu being promoted under another guise, but this sounds similar to the Gnostic version of God as well. The Monad, started off as a perfectly Godlike energy force where all of its creations, its emanations sprung from the highest to lowest, including Jesus, meaning that its emanations are all lower forms of its true self. This is in fact another Jesus, spreading another gospel, bestowing another spirit, but it certainly is not the spirit of the Lord.
edit on 21-8-2014 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The way the author describes Jesus sounds more like how a Hindu would describe the ten incarnations of Vishnu more so than the real Jesus.

What real Jesus? Where is the contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that the Jesus of the Bible ever lived? Cite it.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

So you are basically saying that the way the author described Jesus is still similar to Vishnu's evolution but in reverse? That Jesus, the creator, extends his Godlike state into nature and henceforth dwells within nature which makes everything we see around us in nature representative of the true nature of Jesus? If this is the case, then this is still a spin off of the incarnations of Vishnu any way you look at it and is not at all representative of the real Jesus. No where in the Bible will you read that the real father, son and holy ghost dwells within nature, because the real God is entirely transcendent and distinct from nature. Gods only real extension into nature was Jesus Christ, his only begotten son, comparing God to anything else but Jesus amounts to idolatry. Not only is this actually Vishnu being promoted under another guise, but this sounds similar to the Gnostic version of God as well. The Monad, started off as a perfectly Godlike energy force where all of its creations, its emanations sprung from the highest to lowest, including Jesus, meaning that its emanations are all lower forms of its true self. This is in fact another Jesus, spreading another gospel, bestowing another spirit, but it certainly is not the spirit of the Lord.

No, that is not what I am saying. I never said anything about him dwelling in nature. We are not the only life in the universe, and by that I group mortal, animal origin creatures from any planet as one type of life. So he incarnated as other forms of life, which are still of his creation.

In the course of these bestowals the Creator Son not only engaged in a descending exploration of the various natures of creature personality, but he also achieved the revelation of the variously diversified wills of the Paradise Deities. On his first bestowal he manifested the united will of the Father, Son, and Spirit, on his second bestowal the will of the Father and the Son; on the third bestowal he revealed the will of the Father and the Spirit, on the forth bestowal the will of the Son and the Spirit; on the fifth bestowal he portrayed the will of the Conjoint Actor (the Spirit), on the sixth bestowal the will of the Eternal Son; and on the seventh and material bestowal he lived the will of the Universal Father.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

He's real. ...

The words attributed to Jesus in the Bible were written by men who weren't even alive when Jesus allegedly lived. Moreover, there's zero historical evidence (ie. contemporaneous documentation) that Jesus ever lived or said anything.

Anti religious rhetoric can not even accept two thousand years of tradition as credible evidence, so who do the self appointed expert's who you believe in as your god's say invented this, for your record's check out the Syriac orthodox church and it's history, it is descended from Hebrew christians and is currently being wiped out as it was based in Syria, or what about the indian church, or the chinese church (not the catholic it was integrated and faded into the buddhist belief with some christian site's being used as buddhist site's that predated the european missionary's, or the ethiopian orthodox or the Coptic, or the pre islamic arabian church, you might be interested to know non of the above were part of the conclave of nicenea and would only have used the bible if it was in agreement with what they already believed, there is such a thing as heresy you know and religious people take it very seriously indeed.

I believe this anti christian sentiment is soley based on false information, you also must be made aware that certain luciferian society member's tried to destroy christianity in the west due to an opposing religious idiology (Illuminate), they included many luminary's and member's of the masonic order, scientists, historians and even archaeologist's.

Organized religion is a tool of control for those in power but it is interesting to note that christianity began as a radical pacifist movement that those in control tried to suppress until Constantine made it the state religion, he it so happened also believed it and the conclave of nicenae though it did do away with reference to reincarnation and other contradictory belief's was not an anti christian point in time, it standardized the bible it did not create or imagine it so please get your fact's streight before making such a blind and arrogantly stupid statement based on opinion not fact.

This is interesting but if you look you will find a hell of a lot more, the crucifix was once seen as an anti christian symbol and many early christian's worshipped behind a veil of secrecy, a third century house church was found in the UK and earlier elsewere, these site's predate the Roman acceptance of christianity and prove it existed before the time of constantine, there symbol was often the fish, after all go and be fisher's of men and it also was in greek an anagram of christ.
www.historytoday.com...
edit on 21-8-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

He's real. ...

Anti religious rhetoric can not even accept two thousand years of tradition as credible evidence, so who do the self appointed expert's who you believe in as your god's say invented this, for your record's check out the Syriac orthodox church and it's history, it is descended from Hebrew christians and is currently being wiped out as it was based in Syria, or what about the indian church, or the chinese church (not the catholic it was integrated and faded into the buddhist belief with some christian site's being used as buddhist site's that predated the european missionary's, or the ethiopian orthodox or the Coptic, or the pre islamic arabian church, you might be interested to know non of the above were part of the conclave of nicenea and would only have used the bible if it was in agreement with what they already believed, there is such a thing as heresy you know and religious people take it very seriously indeed.

I believe this anti christian sentiment is soley based on false information, you also must be made aware that certain luciferian society member's tried to destroy christianity in the west due to an opposing religious idiology (Illuminate), they included many luminary's and member's of the masonic order, scientists, historians and even archaeologist's.

Organized religion is a tool of control for those in power but it is interesting to note that christianity began as a radical pacifist movement that those in control tried to suppress until Constantine made it the state religion, he it so happened also believed it and the conclave of nicenae though it did do away with reference to reincarnation and other contradictory belief's was not an anti christian point in time, it standardized the bible it did not create or imagine it so please get your fact's streight before making such a blind and arrogantly stupid statement based on opinion not fact.

This is interesting but if you look you will find a hell of a lot more, the crucifix was once seen as an anti christian symbol and many early christian's worshipped behind a veil of secrecy, a third century house church was found in the UK and earlier elsewere, these site's predate the Roman acceptance of christianity and prove it existed before the time of constantine, there symbol was often the fish, after all go and be fisher's of men and it also was in greek an anagram of christ.
www.historytoday.com...

Your argument is that tradition is evidence that Jesus actually lived? Is tradition evidence that Santa and his flying reindeer are real? Let's try something older than Christianity. Is Hindu tradition (Hinduism is much older than Judeo-Christian traditions) evidence that Krishna and Vishnu are real? Are animist traditions (animism is the oldest form of religion) evidence that tree spirits exist?

You can make any claims about the paranormal and they may be true. However, the Christians made the mistake of claiming that Jesus actually lived on earth as a man. Such a claim requires hard evidence in the form of contemporaneous documentation to be a fact. You have not cited any. Would you care to do so?

I don't know where you're going with your argument about Christianity predating Constantine. I never made any claims about that. I also don't know where you're going with your claims about "luciferian society members". I made one claim: there's no contemporaneous documentation proving that Jesus ever lived and everything written about him was written by people who didn't even live when he allegedly lived. So, can you cite contemporaneous documentation that proves that Jesus lived or not?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

I will counter that, the oldest remaining record's from that time anywhere from that period that were not preserved by religious community's are the scroll's found burned to a cinder at the ruin's of herculaneum, though carbonized they are to some small degree recoverable using modern techniques but that is so painstaking it can take a year for a single scroll if they are lucky and there are thousand's of scroll's, but of course they are merely the town record's, then there are the nag hammadi scroll's and the dead sea scroll's which are from what were non christian sect's of judaism, they of course though not proven yet there is the suspected first century fragment of the gospel of the apostle mark.

Religions preserve there knowledge as it is sacred to them and to there scholar's, this make's it highly unlikely they would alter it though religious fraud in the west was fairly commonplace during the medieval period when every cathedral had to have a relic to bring the pilgrim's as it was a large money spinner, for over a thousand years the western church wallowed in corruption from the monk's to the pope himself, one of the Borgia popes saluted satan at the vatican alter for instance and the christian way was lost to those whom perverted it into a control and money making entity, they created the whole blasphemy of rule by divine right to manipulate the massed into forgetting that there only king as christian's was christ and even today in england we have a queen who is titular head of the anglican church (but wait a minute is not christ the head of the church).

Then there is the fact that the supposed fairy tale traditions have been borne out time and again when site's related to the biblical text's have been found.

If you just want to take a pop at christianity (For all I know you are a member of a competing faith and not an atheist) then you might just as well ignore the fact's because they do not fit your chosen reality.

But here is some interesting information,
www.christianitytoday.com...
www.reclaimingthemind.org...
ancienthistory.about.com...
www.ecclesia.org...

I am of course a christian but you did bring up Krishna, well have a look at this please.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join