It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the difference between Jesus and all of the other gods?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

it's older than zoroaster

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Either way Christianity is now idolatry of one man when it should be spreading the teachings of fictional character jc

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: HumansEh

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Not nothing. There's always the ability to compare and contrast. Even if you view them as mere faerytales. There is much to be considered similar.

a reply to: HumansEh

Of course, each new religion since time began has had to include familiar elements of the old to make it acceptable.

Festivals, events in characters lives, guidelines etc all contain elements of previous religions.
All from the pens of man.
Religion is the ultimate 'mashup'

Especially Christianity. It's always funny asking Christians when Jesus was born and then asking them why they believe that. (Hint: He wasn't born on December 25th)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

I'm sure it is, but I'm not all that versed on ancient religions. Just throwing an example out there :-)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrettyPicasso
Either way Christianity is now idolatry of one man when it should be spreading the teachings of fictional character jc

idolatry of what?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Instead of a focuz on the teachings people are focused on jc more so then the reason why he was created in the first place all throughout Christianity they speak foully of idolatry n yet the modern day depiction of the religion has went from what he had to offer to a cultish following of a man who might have not even existed so who are they idolizing Jesus when they should be focuzed on bettering their life by living through the teachings and experiences . Kinda like they bible says do this but in turn is completely doing the opposite and decieving others to do the same . I mean when they edited the bible for personal gain they put to much focuz on certain things vs following the teachings of gods true people.and his so called son a reply to: undo

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

I'm sure it is, but I'm not all that versed on ancient religions. Just throwing an example out there :-)

yeah i have a rather unique perspective on it though. i think jesus was the sumerian enki, redux.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I was raised as a Roman Catholic, when I was around 12 years old I started questioning the existence of God it started out like it starts for most people.

"If God is so powerful then why does he allow bad things to happen?" Then as I was in High School I began to find out about all of the other Gods that had come before the God that I was raised believing in.

I know that faith can be a powerful thing, but I think everyone should ask themselves this simple question,

What makes the God that you believe in so special? Why do you believe he exists but yet you don't believe in the existence of the millions of Gods that have existed before?

I ask this because my Mother has been bugging me for a few months to accept Jesus as my lord and savior. Lol, I try to be a good son so I won't ask her this question so I decided to ask you guys.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I believe enki n enlil were satan n Jesus respectively a reply to: undo

edit on 17-8-2014 by PrettyPicasso because: Had to

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I believe enmity n enlil were satan n Jesus respectively a reply to: undo

I thought enlil was the nasty one?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: zeevar

Ha Ha! I had to laugh. Can you image the shock Joseph would have got? Wasn't it Noah's father who didn't like having an alibino for a son also?

We are having a fight to actually establsih whether Jesus existed or not, but its his teachings that are important, old pagan ones in truth - do as you would be done by. You can never fault it.

When it goes to the desert religions I am sad at what they have managed to stamp out. Egyptians know precious little about their fabulous past, Brits know precious little about Druidism and Jews have a concoction of bits from other cultures little in truth of their own. What gets me is the huge employment of unelected men involved in religion with their noses in the clouds and begging bowls filled to the brim, the troublemakers of the world.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Yeah one was good one was bad but it was reversed in annunaki times like enki created human 2.0 a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PrettyPicasso

i can accept some of what you say there but i think it's a matter of extremes. for example, jesus knew the mud from the holy pool had special faith building properties for the blind man -- not that it actually did have special properties, only that the blind man THOUGHT it did. same thing with the hem of his robe for the sick woman. it's like in magickal practices - the practioner is employing faith building symbols that they THINK have special magickal properties but probably don't, or may be explainable with science and therefore, technically, not the same as magick (unless that's the big secret - that science = magick). is the mud an idol? or the ark of the covenant, the kaaba, the buddha figurines, the pentagram, pentacle, star of david, etc? or are they faith building devices ?

they are not necessary, but they can be useful if the person is having issues with their faith. i think what happened is, the teaching that you don't need these things was taken to the extreme . you actually DON'T need those things but if your faith is weak, it can act as a stepping stone to stronger faith.

the focus being -- YOUR FAITH (power of positive thinking and all that). not the stone, ark, temple, and so on.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I believe that the Jews we have today aka Israel are people who clearly stole the heritage and culture from another racial group. 12th tribe of Judah was black yet look at blCks today. They don't even know they are Israelites too caught up with what ever culture deadening trend is being stuffed in the pipe
reply to: Shiloh7

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

I believe enmity n enlil were satan n Jesus respectively a reply to: undo

I thought enlil was the nasty one?

yeah enki created us and told us to go forth, be fruitful and MULTIPLY.
enlil said, oh none of that multiplying stuff on my planet.
yeah. enlil is the accuser of humans . he no like us.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

yeah i have a rather unique perspective on it though. i think jesus was the sumerian enki, redux.

I'd love to hear about your Enki/Jesus theory. I was loosely under the impression that Enki was the one who had become known as Satan, since he had disobeyed Enlil and saved humanity from the flood.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I get what your saying but think of it like this
In majicly your using demonic prescence
And a connection through the demon to break physics
To portray a trick using black majick
Faith based experiences are all the same to me because the angels would assure he could do these miracles on command as to keep him looking as son of god . Angels help those in the light as demons those in the dark. The ark I can explain as use of monatomic gold and high electricity and. Nyone dumb enough to touch the conductive gold exterior and not the wooden horizontal poles would be Smited by god. Those in the know knew a dont touch the gold and b don't open It I think a lot of the bible is darker than it is light. Which is why the bible clearing states what I been saying the Israel we see today Are not gods people in any way shape or form.
a reply to: undo

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
They play roles as different people throughout history
One day enki creates us
Enlil entices us
Knowing he would have to delete n start again
Enki takes the evil role and controls from there
In my eyes god knew we would be tempted
So he changed some of what it is to be bad
Vs good if u check into modern day religions
You will see a lot of corruption as if enlil is controlling
The good side of the balance you see today how much evil there openly is going on what if the true god is enki but posing as enlil and enlil is just doing what he is forced to do .

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I believe I could explain this easily by showing who the original Jews were. 6 me 3foreign unknown 3 black so to easily understand Christianity just travel to before they whitewashed the culture from the key characters. and you'll see Sumerian tablets lamentation tablets Dead Sea all that creates the story mix in so some fairy tells some alchemy and socery and a lil truth from enki enlils battles and end it with a do not remix sticker and voila
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

well if you read the creation account, it's double layered. one layer is about this god guy who creates humans and protects them from enlil, on a regular basis. the other layer is about this god guy who doesn't like the humans the other god guy created. for some reason, by the time of moses, it was all mussed up. i dunno what happened, but even in sumerian accounts, enki has to defer to enlil because of divine law regarding planets and since this was enlil's hunk of space rock, he got final say until he either gave it up or it was taken from him by force.

i think enlil was responsible for human sacrifices the world over, and enki decided to end it, once and for all, so he became the final human sacrifice. notice how after that, human sacrifice is no longer state sanctioned. if enlil wants more human sacrifices, he has to get his minions to make it happen and it has to be under some other guise, like war. otherwise, that practice went underground - possibly saving millions of people and babies, from untold suffering.

i think enki made a deal with him that basically said, when enlil's lease of ownership was up, enki would become the new owner of planet earth, based on enlil's criteria (human sacrifice was enlil's demand). and enlil, realizing enki was actually going thru with it and succeeding, tried to convince enki to just work for him instead, in exchange (see the temptation of jesus) enki declined to acquiesce to the request.

enlil's lease of ownership is up soon. that's why there's this sudden push to kill people in vast numbers and to wreak pollution and devastation on the planet's lifeforms. enlil wants enki to inherit a huge mess of massive suffering and devastation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join