It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Age of the Super Heroes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I imagine, in about 30-50 years.........

We are in a very strange age. I am not trying to reach out 'there' but propose a realistic possibility. In every single comic, there is one important common thread-corruption. Every thing seems like its heading down the same path as most of the more famous comic realm.
My point of this thread

I imagine its going to take one very creative, intelligent individual that just gets tired. We're tired, but its still building at this point in history. Back to point, someone will combine the already existing technologies to assemble some sort of gadgetry, or suit to defend the people. Not like phoenix jones, but the kid has the right idea to be completely honest. This individual is completely rogue, he may break a couple of laws, he may see the law as a corrupt entity as a whole.

Once this starts. It will inspire so many people and it literally change the way of the world. Its not far-fetched, it maybe what this planet needs. Humans protect humans, not a system protecting humans, which will is the inevitable future with robotics.
I don't know how to post links, but the guy with the antenna that can hear colors, and various other technological breakthroughs and people with natural 'abilities' could change the world.
Some remote location, a team of individuals......

The Age of the Superheroes.

I hope I did something by just typing it and releasing it.....

On the other side of the coin, I imagine it would be safe but it would look Escape from L.A.

edit on 16-8-2014 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: addition

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I like, tell me more.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

edit on 17-8-2014 by BARACKHUSSEiNOBAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I like the idea of people looking after people. But what happens when the views of the public look at said "Superhero" as a criminal? To me, I could be helping out somebody, but to the other 100,000 in my city, I could just be a thug in a costume. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for vigilante justice, but the idea alone has a lot of problems.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Hmmm there were proposals for Iron man type battle suits:

TAMPA, Florida — In the 2008 movie “Iron Man,” the main character becomes a superhero after building a suit of armor with an exoskeleton that gives him incredible strength.
Today, elite U.S. special operations forces may be a few short years away from donning a similar suit, one that can monitor the user’s vital signs, give him real-time battlefield information and be bulletproof from head to toe. The suit might eventually have other features unheard of only a few years ago, including an exoskeleton made of liquid armor, smart fabrics that could help stop hemorrhaging, enhanced sensory capabilities and Google Glass-like visuals.
The Tactical Assault Light Operator Suit (TALOS) project is coordinated through the Special Operations Command headquarters at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa. Prototypes are expected to be shown to military commanders in June, with hopes that the suit will be given to high-risk units in 2018.
While the project sounds like something out of a science fiction novel, its mission is simple, said James Geurts, the Deputy for Acquisition of the U.S. Special Operations Command at MacDill.

nypost.com...

If anything the Age of Super Heroes would look like what you see in the Marvel Super Hero movies only a bit more serious though.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
ITZ SHADYT :
HELLO, just look at the original premise of X-men. They were hated on, but I believe at the end of the day the positive out weighs the negative. That is why I mentioned a shadow, rogue, totally off of the map group. I agree, would have a hard time accepting that. But, I believe it could work.

starwarsisreal :
Hey, those aren't the good guys though.....

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Sounds like you've got a kick-ass idea!

edit on 17-8-2014 by gravitized because: Bad Link.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Haha you so get a star and a flag....
Synesthesia with technology.... Like google glass on acid...
Only problem is I think the military already has this and the police.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

I agree totally. This society makes sure we are the last to pick from the "new".
That's what I mean. You already have people building really nice drones, and other 'defensive' types of inventions.
The power will always in the people. I can't wait until people realize that there is a need to utilize everything from technology to minerals. This is that age I am describing. The military isn't was it 'described' or defined to be in 2014. To dumb it down, they are just a bunch of guys with a private agenda that 9 times out of 10 does not include y[our] interest. It is perfectly legal for us to do it also, but sometimes just as they do sometimes you need to operate outside of those bounds for the 'undeniable' 'true' greater good.

I can't wait for this age.

top topics

join