It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neither anti-Semitic nor anti-Palestinian, just a mother pleading for peace.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I was just reading the Age news online, and I came across this article by a person who emigrated to Israel as a child, and their fairly nuanced stance on a complex issue. I think it worth noting that she condemns neither side, only certain actions, and she asks people to try to consider the truth is greater than being seen as pro-Palestinian, or pro-Istael.

www.theage.com.au...

When I turned 18 none of that mattered. Like everyone else my age I was enlisted to the army. I was expected to serve my country for two years. I could have left the country and avoided my military service. Many of my friends did. I chose to serve. It caused tension in my friendship group. I had Arab as well as Palestinian friends. I was accused of being Zionistic. That I was turning a blind eye to the political situation. They were right. I was turning a blind eye. I found the whole political scene so incredibly complex. I just knew that I loved my friends. No matter what side of Jerusalem they lived in. I had friends who had lost loved ones in the Intifada. Resisting their oppressor. I was terrified that one of my friends would be hurt. A few years later I had to hide in a sealed room wearing a gas mask as Scud missiles were being shot across from Iraq. It was a terrifying time being a target because of my race. Our family could have flown to safety. My parents chose to stay.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Only issue I have is that the author claims they are neutral, yet has a sign saying ashamed to be Israeli. That's not neutral. Had she carried an Appalled at Palestine sign to one rally, and her ashamed sign to the other .. her other comments would be valid. As is she appears to try to claim neutrality to make herself seem impartial and give her ant-Israel view more weight.

Then again, her safety was not in question carrying her Ashamed to be Israeli sign .. she may not have lived if she carried the other sign.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Innocent people of both sides are suffering because some Zionist elites stablished a country on someone else's land and made fake enemies so they can play victims and get financial and moral support from the western world while fancying the Nile to ephratis empire scenario in their minds...But one can continue abuse only for so long before it over heats and back slaps at themselves,and unfortunately women and children get caught in the middle and get killed as the result...It is a waste of life from both sides and the sad truth is that neither of them have any real connections at all to the greedy fat ass elites.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Only issue I have is with the title, when the Palestinians are semites too, in fact more semitic than most Israeli's, so it would of been more appropriate to say I'm not anti-Semitic or anti-Israeli

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This persons story means absolutely nothing..... Wth...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Haxsaw
Only issue I have is with the title, when the Palestinians are semites too, in fact more semitic than most Israeli's, so it would of been more appropriate to say I'm not anti-Semitic or anti-Israeli

Except if you read the story she is anti-Israeli. She has a sign saying she is ashamed of being Israeli. She's using a lie to make her appear credible.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

oh well, I don't blame her for being ashamed of being Israeli, I would be too if I was born there

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
What is this autor thrying to speak out about? She says she won't be silent. So what did she say? She is not Pro-either/or, and she is not tabling a solution. She just wrote a letter about her struggles being Jewish, and wishes the violence would stop so her and her children could live peacefully on desputed land...

She should leave. Come to Canada. Great place to raise children.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

oh well, I don't blame her for being ashamed of being Israeli, I would be too if I was born there

That's fine, the problem is her lying and saying she is neutral when she is not. What she is doing is saying she is neutral to be more believable when she says anti-Israeli things.

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
What is this autor thrying to speak out about? She says she won't be silent. So what did she say? She is not Pro-either/or, and she is not tabling a solution. She just wrote a letter about her struggles being Jewish, and wishes the violence would stop so her and her children could live peacefully on desputed land...

She should leave. Come to Canada. Great place to raise children.

She said she went to Australia to study when she was 20. It doesn't even say where she lives, or where her family lives .. just she is happy they are safe at night. Which is kind of funny because Hamas wants to kill her children every night, but she hates the people fighting for her children's safety.

(post by Haxsaw removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

that's very debateable( you seem to be the type who would say Israel are protecting their children if they blew up every Palestinian), they've gone well and beyond fighting for their children's safety along time ago, and that's exactly why most of the world is sick of their treacherous antics and manipulation, and the exact reason they were kicked out of numerous countries in the past, for being cunning liars who love to see others fight and die for them, and to enslave societies with usury.

There isn't a place in France called "death to jews" because they were a bunch of fun-loving easy going peaceful lot, nor was every jew in England kicked out at one time because they were innocent, the list goes on and on throughout history. Anyone with more than an ounce of knowledge on history knows too well what happens to their society when the jews are left unchecked, and that's exactly what is happening in U.S.A and many other places enslaved to their usury and cunningness today, and tumble they shall

Yes Yes we get it, Jews caused Aids and the Black Plague, it's all their fault.

I will start blaming Israel as soon as Palestinians (who started the conflict) lay down their arms.

The funny thing is the Palestinians actually admit they want every Jew child dead and you don't care ...

Because, Jew.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Nice to see you avoided the truth behind my post by dramatizing, how typical.

Yeah it was Palestinians who started the conflict because they had their land stolen by jews, sad indeed.

And in your world all the jews who speak out against Israels atrocities and the lies of manipulation of Zionism are liars and undercover muslims I'd imagine.

Let me guess I'm an anti-Semite too?(even though arabs are semites), wow didn't see that coming, I have no need for you any longer, thank you for proving my point.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Nice to see you avoided the truth behind my post by dramatizing, how typical.

Yeah it was Palestinians who started the conflict because they had their land stolen by jews, sad indeed.

And in your world all the jews who speak out against Israels atrocities and the lies of manipulation of Zionism are liars and undercover muslims I'd imagine.

Let me guess I'm an anti-Semite too?(even though arabs are semites), wow didn't see that coming, I have no need for you any longer, thank you for proving my point.

Ok let us address your hate filled bile. Why is the town called Death to Jews, when does the name date from, and what did the Jews do?

ETA: I have been waiting, no answer? Thought so. I was polite the first time and chose to not make you look a fool. Take your hateful, spiteful attitude elsewhere, it's disgusting.
edit on 17-8-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Next on the make you look a fool tour. The land was not stolen from Palestinians. It was taken from the Turks by the British. It was divided into a land for the Jews, who had no country, and Palestinians, who had no country.

Palestinians decided they wanted it all and engaged in terrorist attacks and outright war. They lost. Rather than make peace like the other countries did, and have a land of their own, Palestinians chose to keep engaging in terrorism to this day.

Funny how you know Palestinians started it, and have no idea why, yet support the people who began the entire conflict.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

That's called a logical fallacy. You make a statement I never made and then act as if I said it to discredit me. Sorry pal, when your best arguments are lies and off topic logical fallacies it's not looking so good for you.

While anti-Semitic has a specific meaning attached to Jews, not all Semitic people, making that another logical fallacy for your kind, it's definitely true that Arabs are Semitic from a linguistic classification.

(post by Haxsaw removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

join