It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darwin Award Nominees From the First Half of 2014

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
These guys also;

edit on 17-8-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

I like the one where the guy replaces a blown fuse in his truck's fuse panel with a .22 caliber bullet which heats up and discharges killing him.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

The first two were just sad slightly wreckless.
They seemed tacked on to take a political jab at Hamas. Why was there an Israeli bomb in a farm anyway. I thought they targeted those things?

None really seem like darwin awards, just kinda your disregard for human life. The girl is particularly sad because electric notebooks are taking over for paper books and lots of people read in the bathtub. She probably did it a thousand times not plugged in.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

No the guy jumping on unexploded ordinance qualifies. We are getting caught up in the details of whose ordinance it was and where, but I don't care who you are or whose bomb it is ... jumping on an unexploded bomb is stupid as is pounding on an old sea mine.

And for the same reason. If this wasn't a movie, I'd nominate the old farmer for a Darwin Award because it does later explode.

Since no one has yet died, I cannot, alas, nominate any of the idiots who've been caught by the stupid fire challenge or else those would be my real nominees.

Who on earth thinks it's a good idea to douse their bodies in flammable liquids and light up? I may have played with rubbing alcohol and matches in my day, but I was smart enough to know better than to burn it off my own hide.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Josephus
I like the one where the guy replaces a blown fuse in his truck's fuse panel with a .22 caliber bullet which heats up and discharges killing him.

I missed that one somehow.

When I went to look it up it turns out that it happened but not the way it was told...

Where did the tale come from? It was likely a fanciful reworking of an earlier version that had appeared on the Internet in March 1996: Dave so-and-so of Anniston, Alabama, was injured recently after he attempted to replace a tubelike fuse in his Chevy pickup with a 22-caliber rifle bullet (used because it was a perfect fit). However, when electricity heated the bullet, it went off and shot him in the knee. www.snopes.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No the guy jumping on unexploded ordinance qualifies. We are getting caught up in the details of whose ordinance it was and where, but I don't care who you are or whose bomb it is ... jumping on an unexploded bomb is stupid as is pounding on an old sea mine.

And for the same reason. If this wasn't a movie, I'd nominate the old farmer for a Darwin Award because it does later explode.

Since no one has yet died, I cannot, alas, nominate any of the idiots who've been caught by the stupid fire challenge or else those would be my real nominees.

Who on earth thinks it's a good idea to douse their bodies in flammable liquids and light up? I may have played with rubbing alcohol and matches in my day, but I was smart enough to know better than to burn it off my own hide.

No it is political trust me. I know this posters history. Also it's misleading and from a weak source. He didn't jump on a bomb and kill a bunch of people. He had previously jumped on a bomb that had been disabled to show it was safe. They don't know why the one that exploded killed him, but he was likely actually working to disable it. It mixes two incidences to make it sound like he jumped on a bomb and it exploded. It even says at the end "wonder if he jumped on this bomb too?"

The first two listed were just to keep up the facade a bit.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Dear GogoVicMorrow,

I'm sorry to learn that you find me so shallow. Yes, in a thread discussing Israel and Gaza, I will usually take Israel's side. In a thread discussing Progressives and Conservatives, I will usually take the Conservative side.

I've started threads on fossilized crap, my Mother's health, jokes about Christians and Catholics, trolls and flamers in general, bacon based products, and a college student who inserted fireworks into a bodily orifice and set them off with ensuing mayhem. And don't forget my thread about a Goblin in Africa who came to life at night, stole women's underwear, and sometimes had intercourse with women while they were sleeping. I've started over 110 threads, and they're not all about Gaza.

In short, GogoVicMorrow, when I start a thread about Darwin Award nominees, that's what I'm thinking about. If you see everything through the lenses of Middle-East politics, you'll lose your ability to see the world.

You don't see that these are primarily funny stories? You're questioning my sources? What is wrong with you? have you lost all humanity whatsoever? Did you understand anything I wrote? You seriously think I have a disregard for human life? You don't know my posting history. You know only that you've disagreed with me in this sudden rash of Gaza threads.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Well sorry just seemed like a pretty half assed attempt.

a list of three with the meat of it being an article from the Jewishpress that was misleading as it didn't even happen. Did you add the disclaimer that they don't know how the guy died? It doesn't say he died jumping up and down on a bomb.

I mean it really seems like you just wanted to put that story out because I am sure you could have found way better examples for a darwin awards thread, probably with pictures even.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join