It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot ATS members thoughts and comments. What have we learned?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
My first Crypto favorite, still so. I have learned that no matter the evidence presented so far, it is seemingly always concluded as up to be either non proof or inconclusive. Well, the hoaxing speaks for itself, greed and notoriety to discredit to even take serious investigating. I believe in the possibility of existence, but though sometimes unsure. One might say the creature may be ingrained in ancient memory when man lived along side others like him. Still fascinating to go further to the lore, the myths, the legends to what has been seen, collected and even recorded. Maybe, just maybe, if not already gone from this moment in our time, something may show of existence.

The local area where I was going to go check out, which had sightings before, was recently investigated by the Finding Bigfoot show. I don't know yet if anything came up or that they will air the segment of the area. It will surely be interesting, even if little evidence, as to where to start from those active at it to those who have had experience in the area.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Beyond Creation

You don't seem too educated on logical fallacies, or seem to understand the way science/common sense works at even the most basic levels so I doubt this will do any good, but here goes..... (edit: that came out very condescending, a lot people who aren't involved in actual research have a slight misunderstanding of these things, including myself before I was schooled in such areas)

You could say that about anything. God, ancient egyptian gods, ancient astronaut theory, Nessie, trolls under bridges, ghosts, fairy princesses from the you know what, etc, etc. It isn't a sound arguement, and it never has been. Plus, you're assuming that it's either a hoax that one can disproove or it is a real creature. This is a false dichotomy, it could a combination of hoaxers, mistaken identities, people's memories/eyes deceiving them, etc.

That being said, there is EVIDENCE that bigfoot exists, there is no proof at this point. And there will never be proof that he doesn't exist, because that isn't how real life works.
edit on 18-8-2014 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

There has been discussion of that very possibility back when I first started reading about Sasquatch. UFO/Sasquatch connection, I mean...

Personally, I don't hold much stock in it... But I'm wrong many times about other things, so it wouldn't surprise me at all, if I were wrong here, too...

Having said that...

There does seem to be some little anecdotal evidence in support of that theory...

An interview that...

...discusses this very theory. You may put as much stock, or as little, into it as you choose.

It's interesting, but...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

It's all fake.

snakesteve68 4 months ago Thank you Patricia, yes, it is disappointing that it is not real. I took your advice and posted a note at the beginning of on all of the videos stating that it is a fictitious series and for education and entertainment purposes only. I did this because apparently, even though I included the same disclaimer in the credits at the beginning of the episodes, sadly, it is not being read and many viewers are continuing to believe it is real.
He tells you his videos are a fictitious series.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

''.. Plus, you're assuming that it's either a hoax that one can disproove or it is a real creature. This is a false dichotomy, it could a combination of hoaxers, mistaken identities, people's memories/eyes deceiving them, etc. ''

That BF is either real or not, is not a false dichotomy. They do not amount to the same thing, (even though they appear opposites) - the definition of a 'false dichotomy'.

If it is a combination of ''hoaxers, mistaken identities, people's memories/eyes deceiving them, etc'' , then this can be proven, proving that BF does not exist is possible as I have already explained.

edit on 18-8-2014 by Beyond Creation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Thanks for all the wonderful replies!! I am going over all post on thread (I have been busy working on and around my house while the weather in good)

I'm back to 50/50 on bigfoot and unknown "cryptids" roaming around !! lol!! I just get so frustrated on the current evidence and blob bigfoot photos hahaah!! Foot prints ..keep me guessing. Stories and accounts like Seagull and others on this thread open my brain !!

very fun topic!! Thoughts change like the wind on this subject ..everytime a new piece of info shows up. It seems so.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: RUFFREADY
Let us use this thread to put to rest once and for all how we really feel about this "bigfoot", thing.

No thanks. I'm perfectly happy to just let it ride. If somebody comes up with unassailable proof, it would be cool. Until then, though, I'll just stay a "fan" and see what happens. No hurry to decide anything one way or another.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Double.
edit on 18-8-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
It is important to remember that no evidence, aside from a body on a slab or in a cage, will settle this issue.

in a nutshell

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
Quite convincing, a good hoax?
What say you ATS?

Edit at 21:07:52. but no sound edit.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

"The fallacy of false dichotomy is committed when the arguer claims that his conclusion is one of only two options, when in fact there are other possibilities"

You said it could be prooven false if one found all evidence of it. You're assuming that it's either an elaborate hoax or a real creature. Not so, other possibilities exist. Where are you getting that definition of false dichotomy?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

This is getting boring now. I Don't know what other possibilities within reason there could be apart from real or not.

'False dichotomy' definition is sound. 'false dichotomy fallacy' is also accurate, as we have seen..

edit on 18-8-2014 by Beyond Creation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I read on "bigfoot evidence", that they are going to make a movie on the attack at ape canyon. www.abovetopsecret.com...

This was a big deal in bigfoot history.
edit on 19-8-2014 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
Well, my case is a Class A with Big Foot
My Sighting Report with BRFO

It was amazing and not my idea of something I would see out in the snowy evening (gray clouded snow sky toward evening) hunting deer. I also had one in our hunting camp in Georgia just outside of Way cross, Ga. The DNR later cast a foot print of the 'skunk ape', which they call it down South here. I never in my life saw a bunch of brave hunters who hunted bear, hogs, etc. be scared of this thing. They left the woods for camp at 4:00 every day and thought we were crazy for staying for dusk. I did hear the thing and it was too close for comfort. I wasn't too worried because I was well armed, although it would be the last of things I wanted to do. The scream - howl was deafening and scary. It shook me up a little because I have been hunting down here in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina since I was 13 and I never came across one that agitated. In Colorado the DNR listed the ape as an Endangered Species. However, If that thing came after me, as they have other hunters, i would take the penalty because it is fast enough to take me if it desired to. It is too fast for me. It catches livestock and wild animals such as deer. I don't have a chance of catching a deer!

Well, that is two of my experiences. I know people don't believe they exist, but I know for a fact they do. I have seen them person to hybrid. They are smart and I suspect they don't like people. People disturb their homeland, shoot at them, hurt them, and for no reason. I don't feel that they feel we are a harmless species and are rather dangerous in ourselves. I often wanted to meet them and talk or communicate with them. Maybe some time in the future. Until then they seem a little dangerous to approach. Maybe I am wrong, but that is my experience. Of course if someone was shooting at me, I would be hostile as well.

thanks for sharing your story pretty cool,I'm sure it changed your life in some way.
I would love to see one up close! although scary, I still would like to see one.
there are so many things lurking in the forest around the world that we know nothing about, it seems as though all the monsters from childhood do exist!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Having made this report a while back - www.bfro.net... - I'm a bit of a believer but sometimes I wonder if what I saw was real or not. Others in the group confirmed my story to the investigator.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: RUFFREADY

A great op RUFFREADY.

It is one of the more fascinating subjects IMO.

As popularly portrayed, it is simply a mixture of myths, entertainment and commercial opportunism, wishful thinking with resulting belief based pseudo science and even conspiracy theories, particularly in the US (and a lesser extent Russia) where it has become farcical IMO to the extent that the popular culture around this phenomena is worthy of it's own study. As popularly portrayed it is clearly folklore and (sadly) I can understand why scientists in general, couldn't be bothered with it.

Though underneath all of the myth and nonsense, something is going on that is worthy of study. I have no doubt that in certain situations, people are honest when they claim to have encountered an unknown ape like creature. This has been happening for centuries right around the world. Some of the more interesting literature I have read has been from 1600's Dutch explorers in Indonesia, speaking of a "hairy man" of the forest, as a different species to the Orang utan.

There are claims from very credible people all over the place also. Like one from an experienced wildlife biologist, who's occupation is actually wildlife surveys including surveying populations of critters (even rare ones) not only from direct observation but from their traces and calls etc. which obviously involves a very good knowledge of particular ecosystems...who claims to have seen such a thing in the New Gineau highlands.

Though as a sceptic, genuine evidence is not just lacking but in any real sense as to what it implies, is non existent. In fact what is usually offered in support is itself usually a better indicator of folklore than what it tries to infer. Speaking to people from cultures that do accept such creatures as a reality, there seems to be a common theme hinting at the paranormal. In many of the encounters this theme also exists. This could hint at psychosocial phenomena, or something genuinely paranormal (if you're that way inclined). At any rate, the cause isn't real biological species of very large archaic homonids/apes running around different continents for centuries uncatalogued IMO.

Could it be a result of some sort of genetic memory, some vestigial feature from when we did share our environment with other competing forms?

Could it be an evolutionary advantage for our brain to interpret "monsters" in our surroundings, in certain situations? In a "it's better to be mistaken, than a meal for some predator" kind of way? There is a lot of neuroscience/cognitive science to support this possibility.

Could subclinical levels of dissociation play a part, as inferred by one study?

Could it be something else entirely?

It seems there is no genuine explanation at this stage.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Peekingsquatch

Your post makes me hope we never find out - I don't trust us enough. The thought of baby bigfoots in a zoo - urghh, too horrible.

B x

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Though i have never seen a Bigfoot, i do believe it possible for them to exist. When i was 12 me and my brother were at a resort in MN. I saw a large bird as big as a Cessna ( a small plane ) pointed it out to my brother, then we noticed it coming towards us and lowering in elevation too. We ran and took shelter in an outhouse, stayed there scared for several minutes. When we came out we reported it to others, none believed us. If that that i seen can exist i believe many things can exist and remain unseen for years as well.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Coopdog

I never get scared but your experienced made my heart drop a few times. The description of it....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join