It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot ATS members thoughts and comments. What have we learned?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: zachi
I go out in the woods looking for Sasquatch. I have found track lines, seen hairs, heard wood knocks, whistles, yells and clicks. I think they are real. There is even a full DNA work up from tissue and hair. Why don't people want to believe they exist? Mainly because they haven't caught one. Man is just not willing to believe there is an animal out there that can outsmart him. They can't conceive of an animal that can be huge, agile, wily, and capable of moving quietly. Less that a century ago we couldn't believe man could flly, walk on the moon, talk to the whole world on computer, etc. So, if you don't want to adventure into the woods, check it out yourself, or just stick you neck out and believe you'll just have to wait for a body.

That was great!! Now lets think.

French and Indian War. Colonies, more wars. etc..

See what I'm getting at?

Lots of folks roaming around.

Why not more real good stories with MEAT on bigfoot??

Something is not adding up??

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

edit on 16-8-2014 by BARACKHUSSEiNOBAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BARACKHUSSEiNOBAMA

What?? lol!!

I'm wondering why?

Lewis and Clark, some wars, the settlements though out the USA. We had to hunt for meat. We have no body of bigfoot.

We have books and TV shows

Get it??

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Well as you all can see the above post.. we have not gone any where. Have we?

You tell me.

Is bigfoot just a money maker ..like UFO's ??

Why do we keep on watching the shows??

What do you think about a * 8 foot tall* ape man ..and his family* , staying away from the human race for hundreds of years??

How can that be ??

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: RUFFREADY
Well as you all can see the above post.. we have not gone any where. Have we?

You tell me.

Is bigfoot just a money maker ..like UFO's ??

Why do we keep on watching the shows??

What do you think about a * 8 foot tall* ape man ..and his family* , staying away from the human race for hundreds of years??

How can that be ??

Relatively few of them around..and in the most remote areas. Combined with having the most extreme of senses to know when anyone is getting near. Also intelligent.

Not every case that has the best evidence, has been covered in the mainstream or since we've been in this age of information with the internet.

Mysteries are mysterious and "unbelievable" until the time when they're explained. Sometimes by nothing more important than a little luck. Maybe, just maybe we already have that in the Patterson film. Many experts believe that film to be 100% real

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: shasta9600

So..have you seen one ?? Can stories build? Can Indians (native Americans ) pass on the truth? And if so. What do we have?

We have nothing

Next...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I want to believe in bigfoot. Because well, bigfoot is awesome. Who wouldn't want another intelligent primate like creature to exist. In my mind I will always keep open the possibility that somewhere a bigfoot like creature exists in very small numbers. Its probably the least far fetched mythical creature.

Now having said that, after watching those bear videos on here. Where they walk really good for a decent distance. And having most of the supposed bigfoot scat and hair, when tested, come back as bear. I would say the vast majority of sightings are bears walking on their hind legs for longer than we would think a bear can. So our mind jumps to,there is nothing that big that walks, so it must be a bigfoot.

So to sum it up. They could still exist but most sighting are bears walking on their hind legs.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

You are in my camp!! I

Unicorns and fairies and wee people of the forest. Pick just one of them. Stories abound ..

Right?? Get it??

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I've had 5 encounters across 42 years and there's no doubt to me the species exists. I recommend you read Professor Jeff Meldrum's book, "Sasquatch, Legend Meets Science". It's not an easy read but the professor does present the best evidence in a clear and scientific manner as it should be.

The end will come with a specimen body. To paraphrase the late Dr Krantz; we'll pin a medal on the first person who shoots a Bigfoot and put the second one in jail". My best guess is the species is endangered and we are the danger. My best,

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: RUFFREADY

We have nothing

I wouldn't say that. Not by a long shot.

Above Top Secret

But your mind seems closed to the idea, so nothing to fear!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

No my friend it is (my mind) wide open

I'm just looking at the bigfoot thing as I would if I was flying into a fight with only 1200 rounds of 20mm left and picking a target.

I have to get up close or evade. I don't shoot unless I have a target.

I see no target.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Alright here's your target.

I hear Bluff creek Ca. would be a good place to start. And there seems
to be a lot of activity around the secluded lakes in the back country
of Oregon. One thing for sure, he's not gonna pop out of your computer
and rip your head off.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I happen, just so happen to know quite a bit about so called Big Foot,

I could spill the beans, but I won't, because internet is not just for you and me, government is reading too.

I will tell you this.

Go into the forests, with clear minds, clear intentions, respect for nature, and ASK not to be harmed or killed.

Because if those guys decide they want you not just scared, but gone forever, no amount of weapons will help you.

Policy of live and let live, is your best bet.

I'll say no more.
edit on 17-8-2014 by FootBig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: FootBig

Please tell us more......the juicy bits too thanks....

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Hhahaha!! Hi there to you too!!

I read and study all I could on that picture awhile back. I learned nothing!! Hahahaha!! back to WTW!!

That is a good example of why we keep going for this subject!! Why not wait for the "breaking news", that says..we found bigfoot (or dogman) why do we keep getting sucked in???

Why do we keep getting sucked in? Yeah, that's a good question. Because we want to understand and control our environment maybe? That photo I posted is evidence to me, I think.
Also to say that there are no creatures we haven't discovered yet is disproved on a regular basis. And on top of that, it would be like saying that Jiggypotamus and spirit-horse are liars, I guess. There are so many testimonies and accounts - they can't possibly all be made up or mistaken! People are mostly genuine in their accounts - they have nothing to gain from their stories apart from some fleeting attention and maybe (nowadays) hits on youtube. So I tend to believe people when they tell stories of seeing large animals in the woods.

So to try and answer your question, I think we keep going back for more because of a fear of the unknown (what if it is real??) and then a desire to control or master it (to make it less fearsome).
edit on 17-8-2014 by beansidhe because: quotey problems

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
There are more things in heaven and earth than your philosophy can imagine ..

Never play chess with yeti or bigfoot .. they always win ...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
My thoughts?

He exists.

I've seen him.

Whether or not there are lots of him, or even what he is, I don't claim to know. I just know he is.

North American First Nations have many, many tales concerning Sasquatch.

His names from around the world.

I grew up listening, and reading, tales concerning Sasquatch. Before my encounter/sighting I wanted to believe he was out there knockin' about in the woods...

Now I know.

Thousands of legends. Thousands of sightings/encounters. Are all of them Sasquatch, or his cousins elsewhere? Unlikely. Mistaken identification of common animals...even mine could be, though I doubt it.

But people for thousands of years have been seeing something... That much is plain. The what is the mystery.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

In the original thread you say you weren't sure and it could have just been a farmer, but that you have always wanted to see one. Seems to me like you've talked yourself into seeing one. Confirmation bias with slice of wishful thinking seems to be shaping your "reality." If I'm completely off base feel free to explain, but you're not the first person to go from "maybe I saw something" to "trust, me I saw bigfoot with my own eyes."
edit on 17-8-2014 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

I fully realize that the first instance could have been just that.

A glimpse out of the corner of my eye at highway speed. No real way to confirm anything, though I did try...

It was the second sighting that confirmed it. I don't know whether you read that far yet? But that pretty much cinched the deal so far as I am concerned...though I freely admit that I might be wrong. It could, indeed, have been something else entirely. Though I've thought it through as carefully as I can. I've been in the outdoors most of my life, and seen/dealt with most of the large wildlife in this area that it could possibly have been.

Bears? Possibly. But most, if not all, of the bears in this area are on the smallish size (black). But possibly.

Elk/Deer? Not a chance.

There simply aren't any other critters that match the height of what I saw...in this area, anyway.

A hoax? Completely possible. But other activity that I've heard about second hand would seem to mitigate against that. If a hoax, he was a busy little hoaxer.

But all that you say could be right on the money. I don't think so, but it's possible.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The best footage I've seen of BF is when it is captured accidentally. The person filming did not have the intention
of exposing BF. What if BF is capable of sensing ones intention?

There have been no bodies found. What if BF decomposes in a very different way than we assume?

BF lives in the wilderness without any dependency on electricity, tools or clothing. What if BF is actually not a primitive being and is in fact far more suited to co-habitation with nature than humans? Who is more 'evolved' ?

IMO it is through our arrogance that we vastly underestimate the BF society. Until science gets over itself and has the
capacity to admit, and learn from its mistakes, science should not be held in such a high regard when it comes to being the measure of whether things are real or not.

Media aside, there is just way too much history and testimony to ignore the proof that is right there in front of us.

The 'pics or it didn't happen attitude' has allowed some to construct an almost impenetrable fortress of ignorance around them. If it's all about proof, then where is the proof that they don't exist?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join