It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viking rune stone with dromedary

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
There have been early finds all over the world and in the USA, clearly showing that the Clovis people were not first here. Rune stones have been found scattered all over, and I'm betting there are many more in private collections and even unfound yet. There is much we don't know about our past, and I think it best to keep an open, but intelligent mind when it comes to this stuff. A USA show called "America Unearthed" has had some pretty good finds show up on it.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SweetKarma

It is fascinating. Vikings are perhaps the original sea explorers and more complex than sometimes portrayed in MSM.

A good account here.

www.eyewitnesstohistory.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Thank you for sharing a great find !! I'll be reading all night now.....LOL.

Great topic!
SK

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

Like "most" of classic nordic history, as known today. It's a fake ... a lot of the "runes" that are written in sweden and norway, were written by icelanders that lived there during the middle ages. A lot of other writings, such as in New Foundland, were done by swedish immigrants in the US/Canada.

First, the runes are a writing that isn't carved in stone. But in wood ... that is why the letters are the way they are ... it's "knife used to carve wood" type of writing. So, any carving in stone ... is likely to be a fake. The same applies to the shapes that were used to decorate the wood. It refers to the "worm" guarding "middle earth", or China. The Chinese dragon.

Especially if the writing is citing any sagas, since these sagas are "german" sagas ... it should be understood, that "german" people invaded Scandinavia, and they were the real Vikings ... not the "norse". Most of the so called "norse" were merchants. Their ships were not longships, but juntas ... similar to a chinese junta. While the long ships, had roman/greek shape, mixed with the chinese dragon.

The "true" reason, behind the migration ... was "german" invasion to Scandinavia. Pushing for dominance, in post-roman Europe, the previous inhabitants fled. Although participating in some "viking" raids, they were not "the vikings". An example, Egils saga "skalla" Grimssonar, talks about Angels in Sweden (germans), while he himself is "black" haired, and short. He has dark brows, that can easily create an evil eye ... something you'll see in Japanese/Chinese paintings.

Also, in Icelandic history ... a famous "character" in it, is fighting a "Ghost". This "ghost" is called Glamur. The story itself, is post civil war writing, done by post migrant people. The word "glamur" is not the characters name, but is a description of his LOOKS. It's an "asian" look ... and the story is a "demonizing" story of "asian" looking characters.

If you think these Viking sagas, are some tale of glory and beauty ... then your wrong. Those are just post-era edited version, by Christian priests, that represented the "the dominant" people of Europe. The "truth" is quite different ...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

and your source(s) for all of this is?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Ok, I'm just going to blurp out what I'm thinking... Is the rune stone an ancient map of Europe and Asia? The animals and symbols are perhaps what they encountered on their journeys there. A long shot, but still worth investigation I believe. Dromedarys, crosses, Hindu symbols etc.

One of the "frogs" even holds a cobra in his hand. Cobras are not native to Sweden.

Can't be a cobra you say? Here is the cobra symbol in another rune depicting the same saga, only here it is a cobra egg (notice the destinctive cobra symbol on the egg) with two snakes coming out of the same snake egg:

Cobra neck symbol:

Also, most of the other rune stones depicting this sage also has roughly the same shape [pic], this has to mean something.

-MM
edit on 17-8-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Here is some basic information on Vikings from a Smithsonian curator.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

The Cuckoo stone shows the Sigurd saga and it is a dragon, though there are influences from all around the world in the Viking sagas.

en.wikipedia.org.../File:Sigurd.svg
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

As far as we know the Norse of the migrations era did not make pictoral maps but relied on textual/oral instructions using landmarks, points of departure and direction etc which could be highly detailed - this was a largely oral culture where the memorising of large amounts of information was common.

Personally i dont that this was a map, as i see little information here that could not be memorised, eg: The Land of the Cobra is west of the Land of the Cross, The Land of The Camel is south of here and so on. Obviously a bit more symbology could be encoded here pictorally but not very much imo, it's just not dense enough.

It's far more effective to remember "Take the river from Novgorod, then stop at the great sea and sell slaves to the folk with curved pointy swords and silly haircuts" etc.

Don't forget that this folks recited lengthy formal/complex poems and Sagas from memory.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
Ah, yes... The BESERKERS. Naked warriors that got high on mushrooms and killed everything in sight - sometimes even their own men if they got too close to them in the fury of battle. Those where the days...

Berserkers were not naked, they were shirtless, which is literally what the word translate to. Also there is zero evidence they took mushrooms before battle, and that would have been a huge detriment to fighting.

Thats not a freakin cobra. It is a dwarf with tools if I am recalling the story correctly. And the second picture you showed is not a cobra either. Its a serpent. The connector piece is not an egg.

The sun cross exists in india and scandinavia and also europe and the baltic. It is a common indo-european symbol. It doesnt mean the norse went to india!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
The Vikings were a dynamic people and if you have the opportunity I can personally recommend going to these six museums...

And for those who can't make it quite that far, I'd recommend L'Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site and nearby Norstead, a replica Viking village, both located at the tip of Newfoundland.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

and your source(s) for all of this is?

Basically, it's common knowledge among the "indigenous" people in Scandinavia.

There are numerous clues, that should tip you off. First, there are two Viking eras ... both are closely tied to the Roman empire. Now, that should be a real, real tip. The second, and probably the biggest clue ... should be that Nordic sagas, go head to head with what has been "tought" in school. In these books, it's said that the As are Asian ... and that Odin took his people from Asia to Scandinavia. Blatantly ignored by most scholars, but one that is quite clearly findings, as XIn Jiang in China, reveals scandinavian mummies. And DNA findings, sho migration to Asia, from Asia over the black mountains, to Europe ... and from Europe and north, to Scandinavia. The fact, that ancient Icelandic text refers to the sea between Denmark and Sweden as a river, not as a sea. Ignored by scholars, but findings on the sea floor show ancient settlements. Proving that these seafloors, were once above the ocean level and inhabited.

What all this proves, is the indigenous people that left Scandinavia for Iceland. Pre-date the current populace, and their knowledge of the are, by several thousand years.

There are numerous things you should look at, if you are interrested in this. But one thing you should absolutely ignore, and that is the "common" rhetoric about it.

For example, if you want to have a connection betwen Scandivians and China. Ancient text refers to the lords, or tribal kings, as Dí. Commonly thought to refer to Deiety, as it's origin. But the use of the word, resembles that of the word Dí in China, as Huang Dí ... or emperor, or Yellow Lord. And as in Shang Di, or God.

Ignore the romantisation of the Vikings, look beyond it .. ask questions, like: Why did someone walk for 20 years, between every household in Iceland to gather all ancients scrolls that existed, and take the to Denmark. Where, later, *only* the most ancient scrolls "burned" in a Fire, leaving almost exclusively the "Christain" edited copies behind.

edit on 17/8/2014 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

The As as Asians idea first appeared in The Prose Edda iirc, ie 1200's and follows a common medieval tradition in using the very worst of etymology for re creating creation/origin myths. If you have other info on it's origins and a source i would be genuinely fascinated - also i'd love to know which Sagas refer to the sea between Denmark and Sweden as a river. Many thanks.

edit on 17-8-2014 by skalla because: correction

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Well, I see a dromedary, templar crosses, Hindu crosses, and cobras.

-MM

edit on 17-8-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

So no sources eh? Kinda just winging it?

Why do you think Iceland was inhabited by anyone but Irish monks before the Norse showed up? Can you point to the archaeological evidence that supports your claim?

Basically, it's common knowledge among the "indigenous" people in Scandinavia.

What does the above mean?

As for the Tarim Mummies they date back only around 4,000 years how do you reconcile that date with Lyngby culture?

I stop there until we discuss the above.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

lol, damn your eyes, i was going to ambush him with the Irish Monks later.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

SORRY, but, but maybe Dicuilus was lying when he wrote De mensura Orbis terra?
edit on 17/8/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I have not read it, does it reference the Irish monks/hermits in Iceland prior to folk fleeing Mr Finehair? (etc)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

I have not read it, does it reference the Irish monks/hermits in Iceland prior to folk fleeing Mr Finehair? (etc)

I haven't either but I did share an office with a woman who dissertation was based on it. So picked up some details.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Oh.My.God. dude... I think I just had an aneurysm.

The native people of Scandinavia were blonde. They have been for at least 10,000 years. Snorri Sturlusson wrote about the war between the Aesir and the Vanir. The Vanir were blonde and native to Scandinavia. The Aesir were red haired and came from Asia. Do you know how big Asia is?? Its not China!! Asia means Country of the As, with the latin suffix -ia. Asgard means fortress/city of the As, same general meaning. The red-haired germanic peoples who invaded europe and then scandinavia are recorded by both the Roman historian Takitus and the Greek historian Herodotus. Herodotus says that there was a tribe of Persians called Germanians with universal red hair and blue eyes. By Takitus' time they had migrated north and west. Start there.

The Saami culture of Norway/Finland is soooo identical to the nomadic Mongolian and Siberian cultures, and they have the same lifestyle based around reindeer. Even their nature worship is identifiable.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join