It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Roseau Stone Reveals 200,000-Year-Old Writing And Can Re-Write History!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

The incredible Roseau Stone discovered in Minnesota, US could easily re-write our history.
The stone does not only reveal that several ancient civilizations from across the sea visited North America in prehistoric times, but also that our ancestors were familiar with writing 200,000 years ago!
The story of this incredible stone is shrouded in mystery....

I don't believe they can carbon date rock, I could be wrong. So I think they are basing the age on the different languages.

www.messagetoeagle.com...--BdvldXLm

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954

The incredible Roseau Stone discovered in Minnesota, US could easily re-write our history.
The stone does not only reveal that several ancient civilizations from across the sea visited North America in prehistoric times, but also that our ancestors were familiar with writing 200,000 years ago!
The story of this incredible stone is shrouded in mystery....

I don't believe they can carbon date rock, I could be wrong. So I think they are basing the age on the different languages.

www.messagetoeagle.com...--BdvldXLm

fixing your link

click here

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
One group claims it's Viking runes from the same era as the Kensington stone, others claim it's Russian runes from 200,000 years ago, that inexplicably hasn't morphed as all languages do, yet can't explain how they cam by the dating of 200KYA for this. Chalk it up to another fantastical claim devoid of facts.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
There should be more to be found where ever this was found. They should excavate the area.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

According to the source, it states that when some evil archaeologists dipped it in acid to clean it (???wtf), it was completely destroyed.

Hmmm, evidence of an educational institution hiding evidence of the conspiracy to keep our past secret?

Or it was just a plaster fake.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

According to the source, it states that when some evil archaeologists dipped it in acid to clean it (???wtf), it was completely destroyed.

Hmmm, evidence of an educational institution hiding evidence of the conspiracy to keep our past secret?

Or it was just a plaster fake.

But some guy "rediscovered" it. It was uundamaged and is now on display in some private Minnesota museum.

Harte

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It looks kind of like an eroded lion's face. If that's the case then I'd say it'd be more likely from the astronomical Age of Leo, ~10,000 BC to ~8,000 BC. The Zodiac is at least as old as recorded history, more likely even older. The Sumerians, Babylonians and Egyptians all had the Zodiac wheel, and even native tribes as far apart as New Zealand and the Americas recognize constellations, that are often uncannily similar to the ones the Egyptians and Greeks recognized. Astronomy (which is basically what it seems to have been back then, instead of astrology) was apparently very important to ancient people for some reason.

The Age of Taurus was from about 4300 BC to 2100 BC, and this is when you see a lot of sacred bulls start popping up in various world religions. The Jews, Canaanites and Greeks sacrificed bulls to their gods. When Moses came down off the mountain, the people had made a golden calf to worship. The minotaur from ancient Crete was half-man, half-bull. The cow is still sacred to Hindus. There is lots of bull horn symbolism in ancient cultures too. And this all seems to have popped up during the Age of Taurus.

The Age of Pisces, from about the year 0 to 2000 AD, is symbolized by fish. Who did Jesus recruit for some of his disciples? Fishermen. What did some of Jesus' parables use as metaphors? Fish. He pulled the coin out of a fish's mouth to pay tribute to Caesar. Even today people have what are called "Jesus fish" on the back of their cars.

So I'm just throwing all that out there.

Ah and water erosion patterns on the Sphinx make some researchers think it dates back much older than the theories the first Egyptologists came up with in the 1800's. Because of alignments with stars in various ways, with respect to the Queens' pyramids for example, the Pyramids and Sphinx seem to indicate dating starting around 10,000 BC. That was the beginning of the Age of Leo. What is the sphinx? Looks like a lion with a human face.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I am a bit lost with this one. How was it dated to 200,000 years ago?

There are very, very few artefacts over 30,000 years old and the oldest found in North America is (I believe) no more than 12,000 years ago - but working on memory here.

Sounds like a story made up in a bar, short on facts and evidence, but something to tell the kids!

Regards

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
That time periods Smithsonian is known for intentionally ignoring and destruction.

That aside museums ate full of misunderstood or unexamined artifacts.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I had seen that as well. some guy named Steve Hilgren claims to have found it in storage at the University of Minnesota. He also claims to have translated the runes and is using his version as evidence for Norse settlements in Minnesota. It's certainly far more believable than what looks like a modern variation of the Cyrillic Alphabet ascribed to 200,000 BPE. I'm not sure how anyone who has made even a cursory look into language groups could believe that what appears to be a fully formed variation of Russian in Cyrillic script could predate every variation and derivation of the core/origin of Indo-European language groups. A cool as it would be, its utter nonsense, the 200,000 date as well as the likelihood of it being for Norse origin.

Found this on another site/message board-

My name is Steve Hilgren and I have rediscovered the Roseau Stone in box 26 of the Thedore Blegen Collection at the University of Minnesota. February 2011. It was not destroyed and is in great condition. The runes have been translated. These are viking runes.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BridgebyaFountain
It looks kind of like an eroded lion's face. If that's the case then I'd say it'd be more likely from the astronomical Age of Leo, ~10,000 BC to ~8,000 BC. The Zodiac is at least as old as recorded history, more likely even older. The Sumerians, Babylonians and Egyptians all had the Zodiac wheel, and even native tribes as far apart as New Zealand and the Americas recognize constellations, that are often uncannily similar to the ones the Egyptians and Greeks recognized. Astronomy (which is basically what it seems to have been back then, instead of astrology) was apparently very important to ancient people for some reason.

The zodiac originated with Sumer. Leo came afterward. The Sumerians referred to it originally as the "big dog."

The Egyptians had no zodiac at all until the Ptolemaic (Greek) rulers took over after Alexander.

I find it amusing that you seem surprised that other people around the world noticed the same stars and star patterns in the sky as the Sumerians. Did you think their skies would be different?

Harte

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This appears to be an early 20th c. fake, made using modern Cyrillic letters of the Russian alphabet. The forger probably wrote in that language since it would have been scarcely recognizable to most Americans of that era. I highly doubt this was done to pull off an academic fraud, but much more likely to be sold to side shows or other traveling mountebanks. "Piltdown Man" and Barnum's Cardiff Giant come to mind. This is assuming that the re-discovery in 2011 wasn't a plaster recreation of the earlier fake.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Well that is just silly

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
That time periods Smithsonian is known for intentionally ignoring and destruction.

That aside museums ate full of misunderstood or unexamined artifacts.

Yes the Smithy was accused of a number of things I can accuse YOU of ignoring and destroying stuff too

You are so accused

Did you actually do it?

Nope....and that is how THAT worked.

Oh if you want to accuse someone of destroying something in the modern age just make up a FEDEX box, put a brick in it and send it, fully insured, to the Smithy, once you have confirmation that they received it you have proof that they threw away the vase you found form Atlantis......

Oh and you are correct museum and private collections are full of good stuff and there are people going thru that stuff as we speak.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
The zodiac originated with Sumer. Leo came afterward. The Sumerians referred to it originally as the "big dog."

Frankly I don't believe civilization started in Sumer around 4000 BC. There's been plenty of evidence for a long time, both direct (erosion patterns) and circumstantial (suggested by the positioning of the monuments themselves) that the Sphinx dates back to around 10,000 BC. There are also lots of ruins underwater off the coasts of India, Japan, Carribean islands and other locations to indicate that civilization existed already before sea levels rose dramatically at the end of the ice age (again, around 10,000 BC). Then you have Gobekli Tepe, dated to around 10,000 BC. Going by Plato's dating, Atlantis would have sunk.... around 10,000 BC. If the Zodiac at Dendera doesn't predate Sumer then the dates it suggests on it certainly do. And you can look at the stars and make whatever patterns out of them that you like. That so many spread out ancient cultures have such similar star charts is, like I said, uncanny.

You can be sarcastically "amused" or even get hateful about it if you want to but this is expected when new generations replace old ones. If we resurrected some old Brits from the early 1800's they would probably still be mocking us for thinking that Sumer was a real place. Go back a few hundred more years and I could be burned alive at the stake for suggesting that the Book of Genesis isn't 100% correct. I've seen enough of your posts around here to have no hope of ever convincing you of anything so I'll just let you believe what you want. You can allow me the same privilege, or not. It makes no actual difference to me.
edit on 17-8-2014 by BridgebyaFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I find it amusing that you seem surprised that other people around the world noticed the same stars and star patterns in the sky as the Sumerians. Did you think their skies would be different?

Harte

At least to me, star formations barely resemble what they are suppose to depict in the first place.

So for people on the other side of the planet, defining the same stars with the same patterns is more than coincidence. On top of that, knowing that they affect Ages is advanced knowledge because people would need to have been around for more than one revolution of the Ages unless it's what they've been told by something that was there before humans.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Frankly I don't believe civilization started in Sumer around 4000 BC.

That's nice but the evidence doesn't really require your agreement.....

There's been plenty of evidence for a long time, both direct (erosion patterns) and circumstantial (suggested by the positioning of the monuments themselves) that the Sphinx dates back to around 10,000 BC.

One guy put out a theory that it was made (or more correctly the enclosure was made 6,500 BC, the consensus doesn't agree with him.

There are also lots of ruins underwater off the coasts of India, Japan, Carribean islands and other locations to indicate that civilization existed already before sea levels rose dramatically at the end of the ice age (again, around 10,000 BC).

Many of the ones you seem to be thinking of don't actually exist or are natural formations.

Then you have Gobekli Tepe, dated to around 10,000 BC. Going by Plato's dating, Atlantis would have sunk.... around 10,000 BC. If the Zodiac at Dendera doesn't predate Sumer then the dates it suggests on it certainly do. And you can look at the stars and make whatever patterns out of them that you like. That so many spread out ancient cultures have such similar star charts is, like I said, uncanny.

....ah dude the sky looks the same......

You can be sarcastically "amused" or even get hateful about it if you want to but this is expected when new generations replace old ones. If we resurrected some old Brits from the early 1800's they would probably still be mocking us for thinking that Sumer was a real place.

He won't have because Sumer was a complete shock to the world. Its cities were unknown as was the civilization, the area called Shinar was mentioned in the Bible once I believe. It was quite a surprise to them.

Go back a few hundred more years and I could be burned alive at the stake for suggesting that the Book of Genesis isn't 100% correct. I've seen enough of your posts around here to have no hope of ever convincing you of anything so I'll just let you believe what you want. You can allow me the same privilege, or not. It makes no actual difference to me.

Try accurate and actual evidence - it works wonders on Harte and all other scientifically literate people - made up stuff however doesn't work.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The cyrillic alphabet was invented by saints Cyril and Methodius sometime before the year 1000 and so it's impossible for it to be 200,000 years old cyrillic. However, it could just look similar. But if you check out the photos lots of the interpretations are such a stretch...

Not to mention as others have, language could NOT stay the same over 200,000 years. Think how much English has changed in a few hundred years!

The cow is still sacred to Hindus. There is lots of bull horn symbolism in ancient cultures too. And this all seems to have popped up during the Age of Taurus.

Impossible, as Hindus did not exist during the age of taurus.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Frankly I don't believe civilization started in Sumer around 4000 BC. There's been plenty of evidence for a long time, both direct (erosion patterns) and circumstantial (suggested by the positioning of the monuments themselves) that the Sphinx dates back to around 10,000 BC.

Although it's certain that the Sphinx dates to the Old Kingom in Ancient Egypt, even if it dated to 10,000 BC that wouldn't be even the slightest evidence of any civilization existing at that time.

People carving stone into shapes is not a criterion for classification as a civilization.

originally posted by: BridgebyaFountainThere are also lots of ruins underwater off the coasts of India, Japan, Carribean islands and other locations to indicate that civilization existed already before sea levels rose dramatically at the end of the ice age (again, around 10,000 BC).

The Yonaguni "monument" sank under the ocean only 2,000 years ago. There are no ruins there. The island of Yonaguni Jima, from which the "monument" would have easily been visible, has not a single scrap of evidence on it for any ancient civilization.

So you're claiming here that a grand civilization occupied a tiny speck on the sea, with an island a hundred times larger right next to it that they decided not to mess with at all.

Right.

Now, how about something that makes some sense? Any sense.

originally posted by: BridgebyaFountain Then you have Gobekli Tepe, dated to around 10,000 BC.

No evidence for any civilization anywhere in the area around Gobekli Tepe, or anywhere else on Earth during the time period associated with Gobekli Tepe.

originally posted by: BridgebyaFountain Going by Plato's dating, Atlantis would have sunk.... around 10,000 BC. If the Zodiac at Dendera doesn't predate Sumer then the dates it suggests on it certainly do.

Data suggests it certainly "do" not.

The Dendera Temple where that zodiac is was built during the Ptolemaic Period of Egypt.

The Ptolemies were GREEK. I told you this already. Do you deny it? Ever heard of Alexander the Great?

originally posted by: BridgebyaFountainAnd you can look at the stars and make whatever patterns out of them that you like. That so many spread out ancient cultures have such similar star charts is, like I said, uncanny.

The fact is, and it is a fact, similarities in astrology among various cultures can easily be attributed to cultural exchange.

The only similar cultures astrology-wise in the ancient past were the Mesopotamians (various cultures over a very long time period,) the Greeks and the Hindus. All three groups had documented contacts with each other. Documented at the time.

You can be sarcastically "amused" or even get hateful about it if you want to but this is expected when new generations replace old ones. If we resurrected some old Brits from the early 1800's they would probably still be mocking us for thinking that Sumer was a real place. Go back a few hundred more years and I could be burned alive at the stake for suggesting that the Book of Genesis isn't 100% correct. I've seen enough of your posts around here to have no hope of ever convincing you of anything so I'll just let you believe what you want. You can allow me the same privilege, or not. It makes no actual difference to me.

What I "believe" hasn't been stated. What I know are the facts of this particular matter.
To wit:
Egypt had no zodiac at all.
The sphinx has no relationship with the zodiacal sign of Leo.
The same sky appears over every part of the planet. Including the same stars and the same star patterns.

Harte
edit on 8/17/2014 by Harte because: I said so

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
One group claims it's Viking runes from the same era as the Kensington stone, others claim it's Russian runes from 200,000 years ago, that inexplicably hasn't morphed as all languages do, yet can't explain how they cam by the dating of 200KYA for this. Chalk it up to another fantastical claim devoid of facts.

Isn't Sanskrit unchanging?

I believe it is, so not all languages and scripts morph over the years...these could be another example of this unchanging script.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join