It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycotting Israel: BDS movement reaches tipping point

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
english.ahram.org.eg...

As Palestinians and Israelis struggle to agree on a ceasefire in Cairo, international horror at Israel's savage military assault on the civilians of Gaza is growing.

With the reality of life for Palestinians broadcast to a global audience, the BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) movement is hoping to build on the momentum to gain broader support.

BDS supporters believe that the key to ending Israel's aggression against Palestine is through boycotting Israel, to pressure the state into complying with all relevant international laws.

The movement, which draws on the example of the international struggle against apartheid in South Africa, has grown more than ever since the Israeli assault on Gaza, pressuring large corporations to end their complicity with Israel’s crimes and leading academic groups and big names such as Hollywood stars to endorse the movement.

Boycotting Israel is not a new story but as Israel's assault on Gaza continues a boycott could become a reality. Would a boycott work and pressure Israel to obey international law? The answer is yes, much like economic sanctions have worked. When you start messing with peoples ability to make money change can and will happen.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

To what degree will the boycott cover?
Money will still siphon it's way into Israel through dual citizenships and our governments. Even if they publicly say they are going to do it, one like me would assume they will still back door money in to maintain their financial stability, since these countries all seem to be joined at the head somehow.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Would a boycott work and pressure Israel to obey international law?

Exactly which "international laws" has Israel broken? It was just defending itself against terrorists - oh, you think there is a law against Jews defending themselves!

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Yes, its against the law for Jews to defend themselves.

I'm so glad you brought 0 ignorance to this thread.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hey,
We love hebrew national beef franks. But since we don't support the zionist regime nor it's policies, not kosher ffs, we now enjoy nathans beef franks. Sad wife, thanks for nothing-ff.

Yeah, that promised land given was when after 40 years in the desert...

We are in the times of the new testament, old testament null and void.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I noticed you were unable to state which "international laws" Israel broke.... funny that!

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Lets see... building of settlements outside its internationally recognised borders, that is a violation of international law. The building of a separation wall which displaced 200,000 Palestinians. There have been violations during the last bout of bloodshed out there, which the UNHRC are looking into now, leave alone all the historical violations, including population transfer, preventing people returning to their homes after fighting had ceased...

Oh... while we are at it, I ought to mention that of all the countries on the planet, Israel has broken more UN resolutions than any other nation.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
War is humanity recreating hell on earth. People die, overwhelmingly civillians. There is usually a logic to any act of war that may not be apparent.
The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945 incinerated maimed and poisoned civillians to shock the Japanese military into discontinuing a war that would cost thousands of American lives to finish, victory for the allies was certain by that time but it was obvious that the ruling military leaders of Japan would sacrifice their entire civillian population for nothing but their own egos.
War is pure hell and a world at peace is just a dream and the ME has changed irrevocibly in the past decade.

I do believe that with the growing threat of IS, a global polarisation is on the horizon whether we like it or not and trust me there will be no fence to sit on.

I predict that within a decade the West (for want of a better expression) will realise that Israel's military might is all that stands between freedom and chaos.
It may be a case of choosing the 'lesser of two evils' but dawn is coming and it will be time to wake up.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The problem, as already mentioned, is those doing the funding will only feign contempt for the genocide as they're signing the checks to ensure it continues unabated. Hollywood is a joke and everyone knows it but I guess those that sill get their view of the world from their televisions, do base decisions on what actors think.

If the masses of american't finally see what's going on over there, not through the Zionist's cameras/propaganda machine and are able to unite, Israel would be left on its own the same day. Unfortunately all the politicians with their dual citizenship will do everything in their power to ensure this never happens.

Fingers are crossed though! Cheers

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I noticed you think Israel broke no laws and is completely innocent. Not surprising but why bother posting the obvious when you'll just ignore it?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

I noticed you were unable to state which "international laws" Israel broke.... funny that!

It's common knowledge. But just for you I'll add this link which I am quite positive you re not interested in reading.

Israeli war crimes

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think the boycotts are great, and it is a start. I actually talked some people out of buying a Soda Stream a week ago and told them all about Israel. They didn't buy it. Just doing my part. And why would anyone pay double the price for a half a pack of hotdogs? Bizarre.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

It's common knowledge. But just for you I'll add this link which I am quite positive you re not interested in reading.

Israeli war crimes

If you had actually read it you would have seen "war crime allegations" - so just allegations!

So again, no one is able to list the actual "international law" they claim Israel has broken.... funny that!
edit on 16-8-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Actually they did but of course you ignore it while at the same declaring no one posted it. And this why havin discussion with people like is absolutely useless.

We get it, you're pro Israel through and through and refuse to accept Israel is capable of any wrong doing.

So let's just all agree to completely disagree with you.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Exactly. How many of our politicians are dual citizens? The vice president proclaimed himself a Zionist on camera!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Israeli war crimes

If you had actually read it you would have seen "war crime allegations" - so just allegations!

So again, no one is able to list the actual "international law" they claim Israel has broken.... funny that!
I guess killing innocent woman and children and bombing the hell out of their homes every once in a while is a humanitarian act then!...If this is not breaking the international laws then either the laws have serious flaws or the nations are all insane.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: shapur
If this is not breaking the international laws.

once again, which "international law" have they broken? - they simply attacked missile launchers launching missiles at Israel!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Perhaps this is the real reason Israel is attacking Gaza.
There is a dispute about tons of natural gas (I think) between Israel & Palestine (Gaza actually) with good old British Gas stuck in the middle.
www.offshore-technology.com...
www.economist.com...
www.theecologist.org...
Israel don't want Hamas to have access to such huge amounts of money.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

First off Israel started this conflict. That's not even debatable.

Second.. what international law? The one where you don't kill civilians (of which they killed well over a thousand and over 430 kids). Also bombing a handful of UN refugee camps doesn't help either.

You are being willfully ignorant.
edit on 17-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
Israel made the first move.

funny how you ignore the thousands of missiles launched by Hamas terrorists for years at Israel.... why do you ignore them?
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join