It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC reveals NYC tests HIV drugs on Kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I've always been distrustful of those in power and here is why, man this is sick, actually it goes beyond sick, its just evil.
www.democracynow.org.../12/03/1450257
BBC Reveals NYC Tests HIV Drugs on Kids
A nine-month-long BBC investigation has revealed that the city of New York has been forcing HIV positive children under its supervision to be used as human guinea pigs in tests for experimental HIV drug trials, in some cases against their will. All of the children in the program are under the legal guidance of the city's child welfare department, the Administration for Children's Services. Most were living either in foster care or independent homes run on behalf of the local authorities, Almost all the children are believed to be African-American or Latino. One New York social worker told the BBC she had never been informed that the drugs she was administering to children were experimental and highly toxic.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Anyone from New York have any info on this one?

This really burns my butt. Really, what the heck is wrong with this world?
Children being used a lab rats.

I'm surprised there hasn't been any response to this thread.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I really hope, but doubt greatly, these people will be thrown in jail. What can be done? More importantly, what is being done?

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
wow, thats really disgusting!

I�ve read nothing in the newspaper about that or in TV..Maybe send a e-mail to the BBC staff?
It is a BBC investigation, they must have documentarys about that, if its real.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by blend56

I'm surprised there hasn't been any response to this thread.

Of course - it is pretty hard to debunk the BBC... so the "patriots" seem to be keeping their mouths shut

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sadly I think it is for real, Amy Goodman the anchor for democracy now show which is on LINK tv and free speech tv is an award winning journalist and the reason I watch this news program is because they tell the stuff that network news chooses to not tell or they water it down to the point of they might as well not tell it.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
bbc and asked for more information in regards to the article. Hopefully they give me more details. Something that will help to discredit or prove it.
Personally, I am hoping it will be discredited. I really don't want to believe are society could be so heartless.

Will see what happens.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This needs to be made public as much as possible. This is sickening! This is a really serious problem people and morally, humanly wrong....we need some good church groups to get a hold of this and drag it out in the light...church groups are good at that, and in these case, it would be a very good thing!

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
That's sick, truely sick, and real.

news.bbc.co.uk...

During a nine month investigation, the BBC has uncovered the disturbing truth about the way authorities in New York City are conducting the fight against Aids.

HIV positive children - some only a few months old - are enrolled in toxic experiments without the consent of guardians or relatives

Deep

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You people make me laugh, seriously.. Your minds cannot concieve the evils that take place on this planet, thats just a ounce from the multitudes of weight.
Why do you think they infected those people in their own countries?

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
You people make me laugh, seriously.. Your minds cannot concieve the evils that take place on this planet, thats just a ounce from the multitudes of weight.
Why do you think they infected those people in their own countries?

No...you make me laugh. I think most people here know how low humanity can go....we just have those human instincts when it comes to children and we are therefore disgusted...as most "humans" would be! Most humans have a nurturing and protection instinct when children are involved, so when we hear of things like this, we are discussed. Shows a bit of ones character that they're not!

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Here is another link to a story on this
news.bbc.co.uk...

This story is much more in depth than the first link I provided, sorry can't remember who was going to check with the BBC to verify report but this is more info for you to help verify report, it came from the above website
Guinea Pig Kids was broadcast on Tuesday, 30 November, 2004, at 1930 GMT on BBC Two (UK).

[edit on 5-12-2004 by goose]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I don't think we are "blind" to what is occuring in todays world. I just think we find it deeply disturbing that even are children are not safe. At least thats what is bothering me.

I would have thought that at least the children would have been safe. But,
apparently not. That is why I'm so disturbed about it. I mean, who says "lets put a desease into a child and see what it does."

Cold.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Anyone read the story from the second link I posted? Its more detailed and more depressing. If anyone wonders if our news media (network news and CNN) aren't owned and the news controlled and censored by big brother and big buisness should recognize that this story is not headline news over here and if I understand the ones who are reporting it over here is even trying to imply the parents were aware and consenting when this article makes it clear they were not. The democracy now news is totally from viewer donation, thats why I trust it as one of the best news sources in the US.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Blend56 did you ever get an answer from the BBC?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This story broke early this year, but there seems to be a dearth of information from the city and there seems to be a coverup going on at ICC and ACS. Although this was covered extensively, the story seems to have died in a tidal wave of denial. Hopefully, the BBC coverage may prompt an official investigation.

BTW, the program at Incarnation and ACS began as part of the funding given out by the 1999 New York State HIV/AIDS Task Force recommendations.

Some additional links below...

www.foxnews.com...
nypress.com...
www.health.state.ny.us...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: goose

Bump....

Link from AHRP: here

Between 1985 and 2005, at least 532 infants and children in New York City were conscripted as human subjects of clinical trials testing experimental AIDS drugs and vaccines. The New York City Agency for Child Services (ACS), the custodian of foster care children, gave agencies such as Incarnation Children’s Center, permission to conduct experimental AIDS drug and vaccine trials in foster children in its care. ICC received payment for hosting these experimental trials; the medical research centers that conducted the trials received significant grants from both the National Institutes of Health and the manufacturers of the drugs. Among them iss Merck, BristolMyers Squibb, MicroGeneSys, Biocine, Glaxo Wellcome and Pfizer.

Crazy. I had never heard of this story and wanted to bring it back to life. I found a story on another website that discusses these types of things and wanted to make a post but someone was on it way back when. Crickets....

BBC made a documentary called "Guinea Kid Pigs" that was apparently aired and pulled conspiracy of silence style.

join