It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 years too late: an introduction.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I had never made an introduction here as I should have. Instead I went on postting rampages that made it seem kind've pointless.
Now, however, ATS being the ballbreakers that they can be no longer allow animation in avatars so my gnarly Blade Runner imagery is gone.

I decided to ignore my paranoia and post my mug in the avatar place. So now some of the posters i've argues with have a face they can train their anger on.

Also through years of posting I have been ignorant on some subjects, trolled, let friends post from my account and so on, so im hoping letting go of a bit of anonymity will make me less reckless as a poster. Thats my disclaimer so hopefully no one will hold my nonsense against me.

Also, you can ask me whatever. If you want
Or not.

Cheers.
edit on 16-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Well nice to meet you and your many selves, lol. I salute your arched eyebrow with my own. I never did an introduction either, I don't think. I've always been more of a wall flower. Kudos for overcoming paranoia. I'm so paranoid that it took a serious internal debate on whether to post a picture of my cat one time. LOL. True story. I bet you find people will be more civil to you now that they have a face to associate you with. My theory? Harder to say something not so nice when they aren't a faceless entity on the other side. Tell me if I'm right a bit down the road. Or wrong, lol.

What was the first thing that brought you to ATS and why? Mine was the thread on the gifted program.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Oh I dont know.. I have a pretty smug punchable face (the photo is my "just woke up, wandering around the house with one eye open/closed" look). I might get double the hate. Another reaaon I though it would be dunny was, because of my defense of Palestinians in a thread, someone called me a muslim terroriat or aome racist nonaense and I was thinking..."but im a white boy from the country.."

Drinking and posting on ats can be the source of great anxiety too. "Did I say something tooo crazy last night."

Anyway, it was years ago so I cant recall exactly ( I could possibly look up my first posts perhaps), but I want to say it was dyatlovs pass that brought me here. Maybe Tunguska, but I think the Pass.

What brought you here?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Also through years of posting I have been ignorant on some subjects, trolled, let friends post from my account and so on ...

And here all along I thought you were skitzo ...

Here's a question I've always been curious about: Why the alias "GogoVicMorrow". I love it ... but I have wondered why every single time I've ever seen it.

I'll forgive you for being tardy with the intro. Would've missed it otherwise. Good to meet you!!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Now I have to wonder if the posts percieved as insane were mine or not. The majority of course are (and then there whisky posts, and the occasional irresistable troll), but you know how it goes leaving an account logges in at your pc.

The name comea from the (death of the) actor Vic Morrow. Its kind've a dark humor homage. He was a cool cat, but he died running carrying two kids when he was filming The Twilight Zone. A helicopter that was supposed to hover over head crashed into them while filming and killed all three. Bad luck and bad safety on Landis part. I always loved John Landis movies, but he's a touch tainted to me after the death of Morrow ( and of course the two vietnamese extras lost was a terrible tragedy as well).

Oh and good to meet you too.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
OMG i though it was an avatar not your real picture
, anyway nice to hear from you

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

lol, we're always hardest on ourselves. No worries, I'm a total pacifist so I won't be wanting to punch you in the nose anytime soon. You've got a good point about it being harder to label you as this or that in response to your thoughts. I sometimes wonder what people imagine me to be like, lol. Android maybe. A few years back, played a game on a forum that I was a moderator on and the guesses were hilariously wrong. People are so rarely what we imagine. Anonymity can be a perk and, as you found, a downside, too.

Drinking and posting is like the second worst thing one should do while intoxicated, lol. The first being, of course, driving.

For me, I was looking for some reasonable conversation after stumbling across here through a web search on the gifted program. Saw a lot of people who seemed to actually really think about things and not in your usual ways so I stuck around. Tunguska and Dyatlov Pass are both interesting cases.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

The giftes program as in public school? I was in the giftes program, but I hated riding the bus so I never went to the meetings at other schools. I was in anotger advances program in highschool. It was like a study hall for gigh teaters. We actually talked about current events and had no assignments or homework so we watched 9/11 together live. I believe we were watching before the second plane.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
nvm

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02
Yeah its me (itd be a pretty shabby avatar for anyone else I think). Anyway, thank you.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Err, welcome.

Note: never wake and bake then take your profile pic.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Well hello, and welcome, old timer!

No point telling you how nuts everyone around here is, as you already know!

When I joined my avatar was myself, but a bit after that I saw a thread about avatars, and how people hated the 'selfie' ones, so I got paranoid and changed mine.

Nice to finally see you.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
A'ight great to see some positive attitude within your introduction...
Keep your mind open to other people's perspectives and remember, to gain respect, you must give it first

I guess hello and welcome

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

A very cool intro. I always wondered why you chose your handle and thought that it was a mixture of Go Go Gadget and Vic Morrow...and then wondering if there was a movie out there that we didn't know of... Hey, it's ATS you know...conspiracy theories and stuff...

The Pass is still a mystery. There's one amazing thread about it and we even debated it on ATS Live but at the end of the day...who knows what exactly happened to those poor kids. My opinion is that the military is behind it as some experiment went awfully wrong but it could be so many other things...

Nice to meet you. Now that I see your avatar, I will remember it's actually you and not imagine Vic Morrow with some gadgets coming out of his head...

Cool !

edit on 8 16 2014 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

edit on 8 16 2014 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Oh great Vic. Now that you've shown off your good looks. The rest of us don't stand a chance. Unfair, I tell ya.

A belated welcome to ATS. Be seeing in the trenches.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Sound advice, but I rarelybsmoke. Thats just a waking shot from a room on the road.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck

People have hates me here for plenty of other things so im not too worries about the avatar photo. You should post yours if you liked it. Of courae I dont have to tell you that anything that indicates you are female causes all replies to you to drip with lust.

..also it's cruel to call anyone on the verge of turning 30 old timer.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Im just photogenic at times, and im not wearing my signature 72' glassrs.
If I said I was surrounded by jars of toenail clippings and my own urine like howard hughes would it make you feel better?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Oh.. and if there are any ats musicians into doing an online music collab, i play some, sing a little more, and mix, etc. I ave some examples i can share (privately.. not brave enough to be publicly critiqued on ATS).

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
Oh I dont know.. I have a pretty smug punchable face (the photo is my "just woke up, wandering around the house with one eye open/closed" look). I might get double the hate. Another reaaon I though it would be dunny was, because of my defense of Palestinians in a thread, someone called me a muslim terroriat or aome racist nonaense and I was thinking..."but im a white boy from the country.."

Drinking and posting on ats can be the source of great anxiety too. "Did I say something tooo crazy last night."

I'd buy ya a beer even though I disagree with some of your views.

ATS is that kind of place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join