It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima by the Numbers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BGTM90 is that so ,then call a mod in because im sure your original post before editing will be still on the server ,so be my guest and i have provided links proving radiation mutates d.n.a

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I followed this thread from the moment it was posted and nothing as you are suggesting has been edited out.

So stick to topic and stop the personal attack

It's Wiki so don't know how much it can be trusted, but a small comparison of the two incidents.

CLICK ME
edit on 16-8-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

i doubt that dude ,as i know what i saw and i certainly dont know this other poster ,stop think why would we both lie...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

You go to the offending post, you click the little head and shoulders icon at the bottom of their mini profile below their avatar, and you click ALERT! in the dropdown menu, as shown here.

And since I'm here and the earlier warnings apparently didn't take, I've given out one more, and I'll be talking to the rest of the staff about further action for anyone who continues to violate ATS Terms and Conditions in this thread.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond then i would like to discuss this matter in more detail with you
as this is not as straight foward as your implying

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

The staff is reviewing this thread. In order to represent yourself to everyone handling this matter in your own words I suggest that you use the procedure I outlined above to report the post that is not as it seems and explain what happened, and that will be reviewed in connection with the rest of this matter.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
##ATTENTION##

This thread isn't about what the OP did, or did not edit from their opening post.

The subject is Fukushima.

Further personal attacks will result in posting-bans. Contact staff with complaints...do not attack each other.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BGTM90

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: BGTM90

Sorry never meant to ruffle your feathers, I just dont find any comfort in your numbers, and that i find fukushima as the greater threat, unless chernobyl makes it to the water table that is...

Then you can kiss Russia and Europe goodbye...

I made this post to put some hard numbers and calculations into a topic that has been blamed for everything from killing all life in the Pacific to causing peoples tap water to be warmer. I thought maybe if I posted some numbers we could have a meaningful conversation.

Fukushima IS killing the Pacific ocean and with NO WAY TO STOP IT, will eventually kill all marine life in it.

Referring to your 'Tag Team" partner's ridiculous thread about Fukushima heating tapwater is disingenuous in the extreme since outside of that one person's inane thread NO ONE is making such claims.

If you truly wanted a "meaningful" conversation you would not be referring to a lone lunatic thread to define the
seriousness of the three meltdowns at Fukushima.

The figures necessary for an meaningful comparison between Chernobyl and Fukushima are not available because Japan has made it illegal to report the actual amounts of radioactive isotopes being released.

Japan and the USA are conspiring to deceive the public about the deadliest event in history in an effort to maintain the Nuclear Domination the American military wields over all other nations.

They are spending HUGE to counteract the groundswell of opposition WORLD WIDE, that has shut down ALL of Japan's nuclear reactors and caused Germany to abandon nuclear energy altogether. The dissemination of misleading and false reports in on-line forums is but one prong in their campaign.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: 5StarOracle

It's Wiki so don't know how much it can be trusted, but a small comparison of the two incidents.

CLICK ME

Yeah I didn't even look at wiki because its not really looked at as a reliable source, but all the figures on there seem to be sourced so Ill look at them later today and do the math and post them and we can compare the numbers. Also sense certain people don't seem to like the sources I posted I was thinking instead getting the figures from sources on the internet I would figure out the core innovatory of the reactors at meltdown and do figures based on different percentages released than no one can say that my sources are bias.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
Fukushima IS killing the Pacific ocean and with NO WAY TO STOP IT, will eventually kill all marine life in it.

Can you post any figures, test, surveys? Any scientific papers stating what you claim? That's what this thread is supposed to be about and you are turning it into one of the very threads I was trying to steer away from. If you have any proof of any thing you have stated please post it here.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This is why a "meaningful discussion" of the numbers is not possible.

blog.nader.org...

No one has any idea how to put the Genie back in the bottle.

The method the Russian's used, tunnelling under the reactor to install a boron pad to catch the molten reactor cores and entomb them, was a massive engineering procedure resulting in the deaths of all those involved.

Fukushima is three reactors, not one and there is no totalitarian army that can be ordered to dig to their own deaths.

When Fukushima Daiichi lost power and the melt downs were imminent, the TEPCO staff managing the site, FLED.

That was three and a half years ago.

Nothing has been done to reverse the situation since.

The perpetual pumping of seawater into the reactors and from there, into the ocean can't go on forever without eventually killing everything in the ocean.

Building tanks to store the deadly cooling water is a fools game. There can never be enough tanks and they will eventually fail in an earthquake resulting in a flood more lethal than anything in the bible.
edit on -05:0018148072014-08-17T07:07:18-05:00 by Psynic because: spelling

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Here are the figures for Iodine-131 (131I). Now 131I only has a half-life of 8 days so its all gone from both accidents...
[...]
www.world-nuclear-news.org...

Greetings:

Nukushima is a 24/7/365 catastrophe that has continued to release particles for 1,255 days...

And you use World Nuclear News as your source?

Where have you been the last three years?

Peace Love Light
tfw
Liberty & Equality or Revolution

The World Must Take Charge at Fukushima

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yeah I didn't even look at wiki because its not really looked at as a reliable source, but all the figures on there seem to be sourced so Ill look at them later today and do the math and post them and we can compare the numbers. Also sense certain people don't seem to like the sources I posted I was thinking instead getting the figures from sources on the internet I would figure out the core innovatory of the reactors at meltdown and do figures based on different percentages released than no one can say that my sources are bias.

Greetings:

We have (and posted before in the PART ONE Nukushima thread) those core inventory figures if you don't.

We think you may be generally interested in the triple melt-throughs (also documented in the PART ONE), and if you take the time to review the previous work, you may even stumble upon our figures from only 17 days post-event, and those figures show Fukushima overshadowed Chernobyl even at that long-ago date.

Further reading:

FukuGate: We've been conned

711 days after Fukushima changed the world forever on 3/11/11

Peace Love Light
tfw

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
BTW, nice to see Kandy on the ball...

Z says hi...

With great respect,
Peace Love Light
tfw

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
living in California, and visiting the coast often, I'm worried that we are not being told the whole truth...the fact that these reactors were made by GE (general electric) a huge worldwide conglomerate, and the fact that I have NOT seen any follow-up reporting in MSM, leads me to believe that there is truly something they are hiding...if there was good news, they would be reporting it, not trying to keep it quiet....logic and reasoning gets in the way of their own corporate propaganda, as well as TEPCO's
edit on 17-8-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: thorfourwinds

If you could please Help me out with finding those figures in the original Fukushima thread that would be great. The thread is 1400 pages long and Ive gone throughout the first 20 and it is still from the first day of the accident. I actually took part in that thread many times under a different screen name BriGuyTM90 but I lost my password to it so I had to make a new profile. I have also posted many other threads about this topic that are not pronuclear or what ever people think I'm trying to be.

On Fukushima Beach
Childern not evacuated
Night release video

Like I said before I did not use those sources because they are pronuclear or anti nuclear, they where just the largest release figures that I could find from searching. I have also stated before that if any one can find higher release figures I would gladly redo the math. Like I've said before I just wanted to make a thread to deal with the figures, It was not to prove Chernobyl was worst, or to downplay the accident. But as I said if you could help me find the core innovatory numbers in the original thread that would be great.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BGTM90

Can you post any figures, test, surveys?
Here is a crowd sourced effort to monitor seawater on the west coast, using highly sensitive sample tests. Not some guy on a beach with a Geiger counter.

What have they found? Nothing. Not a sign of contamination from Japan at detectable levels.

ourradioactiveocean.org...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join