It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All-amateur stereoscopic view of Moon's Mare Imbrium region

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The Moon is unique in that it's the only extraterrestrial surface which can be imaged by amateurs with some detail. So I've taken two Moon photo mosaics taken by two amateurs at different times and put them side by side for possible 3d action. They worked surprisingly well as a stereogram pair and the results are interesting to say the least.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
So many strange and unexplainable features at this resolution. Like so many NASA images, things look tantalisingly like things they cannot be. :-) Good pics though.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: qmantoo
So many strange and unexplainable features at this resolution. Like so many NASA images, things look tantalisingly like things they cannot be. :-) Good pics though.

Perhaps you could elaborate? What strange and unexplainable features are you seeing in these images? To me, it looks like normal lunar surface observed for many decades by people with telescopes and binoculars.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I am very happy this level of pics is coming from amateur astronomers. Not from government or corporations.

Imagine if they could get a glimpse of that infamous "black knight", which seems to have disappeared since the 1960's, no sightings or orbit data, nothing.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Slightly optimized version finally embedded.

Flickr page with links to sources.
secure.flickr.com...

edit on 20-8-2014 by PINGi14 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join