It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Sighting Huge UFO Houston, TX

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

Yup, like I said, "one of those people". The type that doesn't use any kind of debating skills and resorts to nothing more than a few unintelligent quips.

Have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

STS-80 has always been a cornerstone for evidence for me. The arrangement of lights in a circle with one appearing in the middle is far too compelling to dismiss as ice cubes out of focus.

I'm guessing you haven't heard what Story Musgrave and Tom Jones, from that flight, think the video shows? Want to find out?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Yup, like I said, "one of those people". The type that doesn't use any kind of debating skills and resorts to nothing more than a few unintelligent quips.

Might also mean "one of those people" who study ALL sides of the argument and learn the basics of spaceflight visual phenomena.

Like, they know if that scene is in day or night. How much do you know about it? Is it daytime or nighttime? Simple question.

edit on 16-8-2014 by JimOberg because: typos

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Sure, I always look at other perspectives.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Might also mean "one of those people" who study ALL sides of the argument and learn the basics of spaceflight visual phenomena.

I highly doubt marsisred studies both sides of any argument with one word answers like "desperation".

Like, they know if that scene is in day or night. How much do you know about it? Is it daytime or nighttime? Simple question.

If you're asking me to take a guess what time that video is then I would say around 8-9 pm. Why?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Sure, I always look at other perspectives.

Always? Good plan, why didn't you this time?

Try this: skywalking1.wordpress.com...

It was easy to find with a search engine, why couldn't you?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I highly doubt marsisred studies both sides of any argument with one word answers like "desperation".

If you're asking me to take a guess what time that video is then I would say around 8-9 pm. Why?

Sorry I wasn't clear.

Is the sun out, or not?

This is related to potential sources of the object illumination. Internal or external, for example.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Just because I haven't read this doesn't mean you have a point or something so don't go patting yourself on the back just yet. I'm still reading but this part sounds a bit like a disclaimer. Kind of hard to believe if you ask me. In fact, I call bs.

Aside from details of specific Defense Department payloads and their deployments, astronauts have no classification regulations or rules preventing anyone from discussing anything they’ve seen or experienced on space flights.

reading on...

ETA: Well it seems you're just trying to plug your own comment from that blog from 3 years ago. My opinion of the article is it's highly dubious because it doesn't really discuss the formation. The entire article is hinged on whether or not astronauts are permitted to talk about what they see and if there were any "aliens" they would tell us. That is a debate all on its own and does not refute any irregularities. Yes, there are ice crystals that come off the shuttle. No disagreement there, but the entire blog is woven to infer that ALL of them are ice crystals. Differing light intensities from various angles is plausible, however, it doesn't explain differing light intensities from the SAME angular positions. Specifically, the circle with the bright one in the middle. But I digress, isn't the thread topic ufos in storms?
edit on 16-8-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Oh you mean the STS 80 video. Sun towards the left is my guess.
edit on 16-8-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

Convincing video?!

Which one?

There's only a couple of stills.

---

I'm surprised nobody is talking about how it flew.

Whether it is real or not will come down to its flight behavior.

The fact that it has an illuminated visible ring alone is suspicious.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Yeah awesome vids, looking very carefully at the bottom vid you posted, I can see a couple VERY interesting fast walkers, and those don't look hoaxed at all..
One does the ole " look ma, no inertia!" zip-bang.. I want one..

I think what we have here (with all the vids out), could be a mixture, like some smartly inserted fakery by the old counter intelligence teams to hopefully make this sighting go away for good. Their budget for that is a very big pile of money.

I think a lot of folks forget, or aren't aware just how serious this subject is to the military still, and it is still as secretive and classified as it ever was, even more than it ever was. They are very fast to respond to good sightings and create all kinds of ways to discredit the whole thing, and very very good at doing so.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Could it have been some type of weather reconnaissance aircraft or some type of rocket or instrument sent up to do research on lightening strikes ?

leolady

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Oh you mean the STS 80 video. Sun towards the left is my guess.

Thanks, the sun was 'up'. But guessing its direction isn't good enough.

These videos were made as part of a lightning observation project after the full-orbit comm relay satellites were fully deployed about 1990.

The procedure was to aim the camera backwards towards the receding horizon. Vertical lightning was the target.

As an unexpected visual consequence, UFOs showed up -- but with a revealing pattern. As the shuttle comes out from behind Earth, dots appear -- nearby stuff hit by the rising sun. In the next minute or two, more dots materialize in mid screen -- plausibly, stuff drifting out of the shuttle's own shadow, which extends out into the field of view.

Another minute or two later, the shuttle crosses the terminator and daylit surface reflects 'backlighting' into the shuttle shadow, also illuminating vehicle structure in the scene, causing the auto gain control to narrow the aperture so most of the small stuff dims out.

This brief interval of special lighting is when most notorious shuttle UFO scenes occur, and I interpret that as a cause and effect relationship, not coincidence.

There are hundreds of sunrises per mission, and thousands over the life of the program. To overinterpret any particular alignment of floating stuff as being meaningful would require realizing there are thousands of trials and you're only being shown the 'interesting' ones.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized
a reply to: JediMindTrek

*turns on X-Files theme*

Fascinating. Are their any reasonable explanations yet?

oh god...can we all just not use that theme music anymore?.....I will immediately click out of any vid that plays it. I'm so sick of people using it

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Interesting link, thanks for sharing. I find it unusual that a man of Tom Jones' stature would take time out of his day to write up an article about UFOs. If I were in his shoes, I probably wouldn't address the issue, but he seems quite adamant about telling people that the STS-80 footage show no unnatural phenomena. Read into that what you will.

In regards to the OP and the video's FlySolo provided (thanks FlySolo), the images look hoaxed, and the videos show a phenomena that looks like ball lightning, which is probable, considering the intense lightning storm.
edit on 17-8-2014 by sixandone because: grammar

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo .. Yes, there are ice crystals that come off the shuttle. No disagreement there, but the entire blog [by an astronaut actually ON that mission -- but maybe he's lying??] is woven to infer that ALL of them are ice crystals. Differing light intensities from various angles is plausible, however, it doesn't explain differing light intensities from the SAME angular positions. Specifically, the circle with the bright one in the middle. ....

All of the dots in that sts-80 scene could indeed BE ice flakes, and since they come in different sizes and reflect light specularly depending on angle to the sun, of course they could be of different intensity.

No question the stuff looks weird and is beyond previous human experience. Outer space is unearthly. By definition.

Another weirdness is how the dots sometimes follow gently curving paths. To understand why, you've got to determine the shuttle's environment, such as which way and how strong the wind is blowing. The higher missions in much thinner air had little effects, but in general the small force -- most noticeable on light, low density objects such as [drum roll] snowflakes -- pushes backwards along the velocity vector. Also, there's a very small but still non-zero jetting effect as water molecules evaporate from the sunlit side [think of a micro-comet].

Result: weird sights, weird motions, puzzled observers. Welcome to humanity's new arena, the rest of the Universe off-world.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JediMindTrek

Not sure if his has been posted. But here is video from that night.

edit on 17-8-2014 by Emerys because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2014 by Emerys because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: sixandone

Interesting link, thanks for sharing. I find it unusual that a man of Tom Jones' stature would take time out of his day to write up an article about UFOs. If I were in his shoes, I probably wouldn't address the issue, but he seems quite adamant about telling people that the STS-80 footage show no unnatural phenomena. Read into that what you will.

This strikes me as a good example of the crackpot-playbook "win-win gimmick" where either one specific outcome, or its exact opposite, are BOTH seen as proof of a theory.

No astronaut denials of UFOs? Proof of coverup.

Astronaut denials of UFOs? Proof of coverup.

QED.

Your easy way to blow off the astronaut's attempt to explain stuff as he sees it may also go a long way towards explaining why most astronauts don't bother.

That is the most common reaction from the ones I've worked with over the decades. "UFO stories again? Nut cases. Why bother?"

Since I do NOT think most people genuinely interested in such puzzling stories ARE anything of that sort, I gently push for clear-the-record statements and the documentation to back up their views. The results are on my home page.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Secureteam have no credibility and have made many videos that were shared on these pages and shown to be a load of guff.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
ChrLzs at
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted this photo of street lights in that neighborhood

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join