It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling Manipulated

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MoonBunny

Something about you feels familiar. . . but thank you for the post, your words share how I feel.

I find this to be a big problem especially on media outlets that have an editorial process, that is the que de gras of any source that prides themselves in being objective. Once things are hand selected to be put into a certain light, like the front page or back area, then there is no denying truth about the situation.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

You're the 2nd person to say that something about me is familiar in this site

Maybe I'm familiar because you see a part of yourself in me

We never hear news of people doing good, people who donate or spend most of their time helping people.
It's always about the bad, since people seem to relate more with bad than good.
And there are too many people who don't care enough

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MoonBunny

Interesting news article for everyone on Facebook - My personal scourge being one of the first people I know to get thrown off the site! Go figure. . . yeh, I know. . .
Washington Post

It doesn't matter whether the stories are 'good' or 'bad', objective or subjective the mere presence of watching them can alter or reinforce your views in the long run. Example, If you watch the news every night and every night they show you the latest crimes such as a bank robbery, home invasion, petty theft, mugging, etc. All different stories with nothing related they even occurred in different states. But what if all the perpetrators were black? chinese? green? It would start you thinking, even if only in the back of your mind, these crimes are being done by only these people.
This can be done in infinite ways for infinite reasons, the trick is seeing through the news presented.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join