It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS militants massacre 80 Yazidis, kidnap women in Iraqi village

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dinogirl

God I hope they won't blow this damn.

Some more info on this dam :

The Mosel dam is the fourth largest in terms of reservoir capacity in the Middle East with a capacity of 3 trillion gallons or 11.1 billion cubic meters. It is a key component of Iraq’s power grid and source of water for irrigation. It is located 31 miles north of the city of Mosul whose population is 1.7 million and 200 miles north of Bagdad. A dam collapse would release the 360 feet high waterline and reach Mosul in 2 hours.

A USACE official wrote a report in 2011 that was published in Water Power magazine estimating that dam failure could lead to as many as 500,000 civilian deaths.

In 2007, General Petraeus wrote a letter to the Iraqi PM warning of the safety concerns in the report and the consequences should the dam fail. In paraphrasing the USACE report, his letter said that “despite continuous grouting… the safety of the dam cannot be assured”. He went on to say that “…an instantaneous failure….could result in a flood wave 65 feet deep at the city of Mosul... and produce flooding all the way to Baghdad”.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
sadly this shows how organised ISIS are,

if they were just a bunch of hot heads like the taliban, they would not have thought twice about opening the dam and flooding everywhere

these people recognise the importance of Baghdad, and they want their state, they want to live, albeit with shariah, sadly.

PS with regards to the post above me, your right, if a stray bomb hits the dam, its goodnight most of iraq, imagine if the US had that kind of catastrophe on their hands.

i would have sort with specific targets like the dam, the only sensible way around it would be ground troops
edit on 16-8-2014 by dinogirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Islamic State executes 700 members of Syrian tribe, mostly civilians - report

The Islamic State group (IS) has executed 700 people from a Syrian tribe it has been battling in eastern Syria over the past two weeks, the majority of whom were civilians, a Syrian monitoring group said Saturday. The British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which has consistently tracked violence on both sides of the three-year-old Syrian civil war have said that around 700 members of the al-Sheitaat tribe, from the Deir al-Zor province, have been executed and that many of them were beheaded by IS jihadists. "Those who were executed are all al-Sheitaat," Observatory director Rami Abdelrahman told Reuters by telephone from Britain. "Some were arrested, judged and killed."

RT

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

I dont know where to post this, but i have realized in the past few days how there are pretty much no new videos of ISIS executions leaked online.... as if ever since the US started getting involved with airstrikes, they stopped filming themselves executing people.

Too much heat? more publicity than they were hoping for? or does somebody want me to forget about it, cos i will not, i want to see more videos of ISIS... it is about time the world woke up to the danger of extreme religious radicalism in this area!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

The videos were shown, so they could present us a reason for the attacks. That's all we need to know apparently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join