It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ebola, cash and cash machines

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i think the current ebola situation will either;

dwindle out in the places affected after treatments, quarantines, hygiene and safety protocols are rigorously maintained in those places.

or...

get a lot worse.

i hope the former proves to be the case but so far things seem less than contained. it's now a waiting game.
edit on R2014th2014-08-15T16:11:31-05:0020140pm2264 by RoScoLaz4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
so your theory is the government (im assuming you mean US) are deliberately releasing a new strain of Ebola that could potentially kill half the population of west africa and then the world just so the US can get rid of physical money to monitor how much taxes people owe?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The list is endless on what it can be left on. I always wash my hands now after exchanging money, touching it and my debit cards or using a shopping cart, etc.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4 have you got a number in mind ,of how many infected before you stop waiting and start precautions for your safety,im just wondering because of the 21 days thing it could suddenly show as rampant

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

hi stu. no i haven't got a particular 'red line' figure in mind. confirmed cases in a wider variety of geographical locations would be a persuasive argument for extra caution. suffice to say i am taking the current situation extremely seriously. it is a cause for concern at the very least.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I never understood the whole germaphobe thing. I rarely even wash my hands outside of the shower, unless I obviously get something on them, and I never get sick. I've always welcomed germs so that my body can develop an immunity to them. I don't try to pick up germs, but I just don't freak out and wash my hands 10 times a day because of the possibility of picking something up. Again, unless I touched something nasty or something like that, in which case I would wash my hands. I don't go around dirty or anything, lol...That's not what I meant.

But with all that said, ebola is a bit different. Can you even kill it by washing your hands? Does the type of soap make a difference? I bet that to kill a lot of the germs on your hands you would have to wash them multiple times, and really scrub the heck out of them. I doubt most people go to such lengths when washing their hands. But the type of soap probably makes a big difference in some instances. The odds are extremely small that any one person will get ebola, therefore I am not going to worry about it at all. If I get it then I will be totally bummed, and I hope I didn't jinx myself.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

you make a very good point. modern life may, in fact, have lowered our resistance to naturally occuring bacteria massively. how clean is too clean? we may soon see.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Scared of Ebola? Wear gloves.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa due to this ebola strain lasting four days outside a host it can enter our food chain ,gloves will not be 100 percent effective

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

If I'm waiting to pee I get angry when my kids wash their hands too long. Hum happy birthday on your own time!!

And then I feel the need to wash doorknobs...

edit on 15-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
ok from the information ive been getting this strain can last for at least four days on any surface.

Any references to this?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Touch screens at local market. You know the ones you run your credit cards through? How bout that little pen they put there for you to sign the touch screen with. Think that is any cleaner than the touch screen? How about the grocery cart handles?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: chiappa yeah sure heres one link ,,but on a worrying note in minus tempartures the life of the virus outside of a host can reach months or years ,so frozen food sections can mantain the life of the virus outside of a host a lot longer than they are releasing to the public(one infected person sneezing in the frozen food section is all it takes ).
so if we do some maths here,it would be logical to conclude that a shop fridge with say drinks\cheese in can allow the virus two weeks outside a host ,,i base the above statement on the fact at - 70 it lives forever and uk shop fridges are around -5

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

SURVIVAL OUTSIDE HOST: The virus can survive in liquid or dried material for a number of days (23). Infectivity is found to be stable at room temperature or at 4°C for several days, and indefinitely stable at -70°C (6, 20). Infectivity can be preserved by lyophilisation.

It doesn't say "at least four days on any surface."

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: chiappa thats the thing" a couple of days " refers to two but "several days" is more than two days and as its temperature related any way fridges and freezers can increase this ,

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Yes, I get it. Sorry for being picky. Will all the doom bull background noise, it's better to be more specific and stick to references. Anyway thanks for sharing this important information. Made me think..

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
We know an old lady that washes/irons all her cash. We use to think it was eccentric but now I'm not so sure.

Money is filthy. I worked in a ticket office at a ski area. People often hold money in their mouth while digging through pockets for more.

One guy took the money out of his mouth/handed it to me and saw I was reluctant to take it. He blushed, apologized but I still had to take it. The sad thing is people don't even think about it. He didn't think about it until he handed it off to me.

A co-worker had a bad habit of licking her fingers while counting cash, lots of people do that. We constantly reminded her where that money's been. She'd get so grossed out but it was a hard habit for her to break.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join