It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Police Chief Admits Officer Was Not Aware Of Robbery

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I just saw it on CNN but it doesn't seem to be showing up on any of the outlets as of 2 minutes ago. Here it is from YouTube:

EDIT:

Link to Daily Mail article including video

There was another thread created about the video two minutes before I created this one but hey, why let a perfectly good thread go to waste right? To that end, I've updated the subject to reflect a new (and related development):

CNN - Ferguson chief: Robbery separate from contact between Brown, officer

Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson told reporters Friday that "the initial contact between" Michael Brown and the police officer who fatally shot him was not related to the alleged convenience store robbery committed nearby a short time earlier.
The officer approached Brown not because of the robbery, but "because they were walking down the middle of the street blocking traffic," Jackson said.

So the officer who shot and killed Michael Brown was not aware of the alleged robbery that had taken place prior to his contact. The release of information by the police department is curious with this video being put out hours ahead of this very relevant piece of information. If I was a cynical person, I might surmise that the police department was encouraging people to believe that the officer was responding to a call about a robbery and caught Michael Brown in the act of fleeing from the store.

Never mind, that's exactly what I'm suggesting.

edit on 2014-8-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Changed title at request of OP.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Thank you for posting the video.

I could be wrong but when Mr.Brown bent over to pick up something he 'looked' as if he was posturing aggressively or trying to say something to a women customer behind him. He may of just been startled but the outcome is not up to me anyway, if it even makes a difference(I'd just like to know what he said as a prosecutor).

The police still should have used non-lethal methods to apprehend him. The pentagon gave them all that equipment but forgot to include a Taser???
edit on 8/15/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

They're calling it "strong armed robbery" but it looks just like shop lifting to me.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

A further description, with more details, was given over the radio and stated the suspect was walking towards another convenience store, QuickTrip.

Not the QuikTrip...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Oh my goodness ... this guys was AGGRESSIVE ... call the cops, have him shot dead immediately!

Oh WOW ... he's not just AGGRESSIVE ... he's an AGGRESSIVE NEGRO ... that's serious offense. Really serious ... no wonder the cops shot him dead. It's a federal OFFENSE in the US, to be AGGRESSIVE and BLACK.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

They're calling it "strong armed robbery" but it looks just like shop lifting to me.

Shoplifting is just shoving stuff in your pockets. It's considered strong armed robbery once you make psychical contact.

(post by wantsome removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

There's nothing wrong with stopping Brown. There may be something VERY wrong about the killing of Brown, however.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

Oh my goodness ... this guys was AGGRESSIVE ... call the cops, have him shot dead immediately!

Oh WOW ... he's not just AGGRESSIVE ... he's an AGGRESSIVE NEGRO ... that's serious offense. Really serious ... no wonder the cops shot him dead. It's a federal OFFENSE in the US, to be AGGRESSIVE and BLACK.

Soooo... what you're saying is that him stealing and assaulting the shop keeper as he ambled away with stolen merchandise couldn't possibly been be an indicator that he may not of been the most compliant suspect when confronted by Officer Brown?

On second thought, you're right. RACISM

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
Stealing a bag of "Cheese Waffies" will justify death today.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
from the OP article cited;

Police admitted today that Officer Darren Wilson didn't know Michael Brown was a suspect in a robbery when he stopped the teen and subsequently shot him dead.

But I bet Brown *Thought* the cop knew and I bet that is what started Brown's rage

Chief Thomas Jackson said at a follow-up news conference on Friday that Wilson was simply in the area where the robbery took place in Ferguson, Missouri because he was responding to a separate 911 call.

Officer Wilson only stopped Brown and his friend Dorian Johnson because they were walking down the middle of the road and blocking traffic, the chief said.

When asked about the police's timing of releasing the robbery video along with the name of Officer Wilson today, the police chief said he did so because 'you asked for it' - referring to Freedom of Information requests from the media regarding the shooting. He added that he had 'sat on the video for as long as he could'.

Hmmm.

Can't wait for the toxicology report on "the body".

Can't wait for the the real "eye witness" reports.

Also, some reports coming out that there was in fact at least one shooting (without arrests) last night !!

Can't wait for more "confirmations".

Maybe the Police were "told" to ignore some calls on Aug 14th ?

Strange issues with this whole ordeal.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
When I saw the video I couldn't help but to start laughing. What I saw seemed to be typical THUG behavior! Just another punk pushing his weight around to get what he wanted. I believe that even though he was originally only stopped by the police because him and his friend were walking in the middle of the street, he probably suspected that it was because of his actions back at the store which insued with a struggle with police that ended his life. With the way he acted at the store, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a smart ass to the police when they told him to get on the sidewalk. I am not justifying in the way his life ended, which is very sad, but when the whole community is crying for justice over the death of such a sweet young man who we were all led to believe couldn't hurt a fly, it seems now that part of the truth has been revealed. I bet the parents now just want to crawl in a hole somewhere and never come out. As far as the rest of the screaming community, it's time to put your tail between your legs and do the same until the rest of the facts come out.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Well the latest admission from the police chief throws your whole argument out the window too doesn't it? Guess we should all stop jumping to conclusions.

edit on 15-8-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Removed staff-actioned quote.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
Thank you for posting the video.

I could be wrong but when Mr.Brown bent over to pick up something he 'looked' as if he was posturing aggressively or trying to say something to a women customer behind him. He may of just been startled but the outcome is not up to me anyway, if it even makes a difference(I'd just like to know what he said as a prosecutor).

The police still should have used non-lethal methods to apprehend him. The pentagon gave them all that equipment but forgot to include a Taser???

This is really important. The philosophy of that particular LEO or agency created this situation. The only way there won't be more is if there is better methods utilized.

These methods are available. They need to be the first choice. The weapon that will most likely kill should be a fall back weapon.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yup and I'm pretty sure the police were told to stand down no matter what, got to make it look like all was perfect.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: xuenchen

Yup and I'm pretty sure the police were told to stand down no matter what, got to make it look like all was perfect.

You're *sure* how exactly? Neither one of you cited a source. For all you know, the cops were told, "Hey, stop shooting the black kids when they try to surrender, the citizens are fed up!"

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Just goes to show that releasing the video at the press conference that was meant to reveal the officers's name was just a countermeasure to distract from the officer's actions, the actual shooting or police procedures.

Why?

And if they would be so manipulative with all the world watching. - what would they do on any given day in Ferguson, MO?

Notice the discussion all day has been about the video/victim/suspect and not the officer.

That's not by accident.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

The officer who shot Ferguson teen Michael Brown stopped Brown and another teen because they were walking in the street, not because of a robbery a few minutes earlier, Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson said Friday afternoon.

Jackson said Michael Brown and Dorian Johnson were suspects in the robbery, but the officer wasn't aware of that. The officer, Darren Wilson, knew there had been a robbery but did not know that Brown and Johnson might be suspects.

"The initial contact between the officer and Mr. Brown was not related to the robbery," Jackson said in a news conference shortly after 2 p.m. "(The robbery) had nothing to do with the stop… They (Brown and Johnson) were walking down the street blocking traffic, that was it."

So the stop of Brown by the officer Was not related to the robbery. But jaywalking.

Also the reasons for releasing the video and reveal a investigation was over a freedom of information request.

Why wouldn't he just release it? Why hide it?
StlToday

Asked by reporters why he released the tape, he said, "Because I had to. Too many people put in (freedom of information) requests for it."

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
If the cop were responding to a strong armed robbery there is no way
he would pull up in his vehicle and say something out the wwindoww.

I think its safe to say he was responding to two guys jay walking.
edit on 15-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

It's all under "investigation".

I bet the police officer gets reprimanded eventually.

But then again, we don't know exactly what Brown did to the cop (if anything) do we.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join