It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Michael Brown robbing store just before being shot to be released today.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
while wrong, grabbing a man and intimidating him doesn't justify being shot.

I am pretty sure this did not start out with a call from dispatch saying, 'Flat blast the kid that committed assault'. It obviously escalated during the initial stop.

And choking and shoving someone is not just 'roughing them up', it is criminal assault and there are plenty of people who have been killed with just one blow to the head. You do not place your hands upon another person without their consent.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
a reply to: abe froman

Another day, another Treyvon Martin. People in the streets going ape over an "innocent" being shot, then the real story is revealed. Now if we take this new evidence into consideration, we're racists. I was thinking it pretty unlikely that this kid was shot in broad daylight for no reason.

pure whiny rubbish sir. Look at title of the post and you can see the white on black racism. The use of the word "robbed" vs. "shoplifted".

The OP cited assault of police and didn't provide any material for that. If you accepted it and made up your mind, well you can call that what you want, but it's supposition based on your bias. So tell us about the bias and why you are sensitive to being called racist?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: buster2010
He has a bottle in his hands not a box of cigars.

He has one hand with a bottle .. and with the other hand he is ASSAULTING the store clerk who is obviously much smaller than he is. When people steal, they usually don't walk out with the item in their hand. It's usually stuffed in pockets or in a shirt or in the pants ...

There is a lot of spin out there with this one. I can't wait for the real facts to come out ... which ever direction they go ...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
But the cop needs to use his judgement to determine if that criminal is a threat to others. The kid very well might not have been a threat...we just don't know.

You still cannot go shooting suspects in the back unless the officer's or a bystander's life is in immediate danger.

That's what I mean...no one knows what that officer felt or was seeing. It's a situation no one knows unless they've been involved in a situation like that before.

link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
i imagine it went like this
"Get something on this kid, i don't care what. we need to spin it so we can justify the murder".

You might have a point if the guy hadn't just committed strong arm robbery like 20 mins. before hand.
Why do people keep glossing over the fact that the eyewitnesses, besides the accessory, saw Brown reach into the police car and struggle with the officer?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

That's what I mean...no one knows what that officer felt or was seeing. It's a situation no one knows unless they've been involved in a situation like that before.

It is also alleged by multiple witnesses that he had his hands up which would not make him an immediate threat to anyone.

This whole situation seems to have been handled poorly by both Brown and Wilson.

edit on 15-8-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer so I am going to harvest his liver

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You are so blind. Never shoot anyone for robbery or running from police...

Blind really?

I just dont want to live in a police state were the police can dish out summary execution!

If a suspect runs then they need to put the doughnuts down and run after him!

really. Armed robbery is no longer considered a threat?

Yes but what weapon did the suspect have? Was it drawn?

Un#ing believable...how about we hold our society responsible for their actions.

I prefer a society were you get a fair trial not summary executed on the streets.

Also from what the OP is stating the criminal was armed?

Not determined yet it seems.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

As long as they provide the evidence, sure.
until then, the cops are always the bad guy

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass When you beat a guy up it is robbed not shoplifted. Speaking of racism, isn't your deck of race cards played out yet? For the sake of accuracy I would invite people to read through your post history...

edit on 15-8-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This was posted two days ago www.abovetopsecret.com...
The poster however was unable to provide the video
Thank you for finding something that according to many before was not there
Good job

X

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut Uh... well that explains your attitude. Careful, your true face is showing.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

That's a simplification. There were multiple issues brought by the protesters, not the least of which was the lack of transparency ...and in support of that claim..we're only getting this info on day five. Think how much drama and strife could have been avoided if they released the info sooner.

On top of that, the presser today and disemination of the info has been kind of a joke.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

can't help it when you have been conditioned by their actions for so many years

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It is also alleged by multiple witnesses

I've only seen two. One was his accomplice, the other was some ditz from the neighborhood that I wouldn't trust to babysit a goldfish. She basically admitted she had no idea what was going on. "I tried to get out my camera, then I heard shots so I ran, but while I was running I totes saw the guy hold up his hands".

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Just wondering why whenever I see people valiantly defending some 'poor victim' they usually seem to be a POS that makes a career of making other people's lives a misery in their neighborhood.

edit on 15-8-2014 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

You are so blind. Never shoot anyone for robbery or running from police...

Blind really?

I just dont want to live in a police state were the police can dish out summary execution!

If a suspect runs then they need to put the doughnuts down and run after him!

really. Armed robbery is no longer considered a threat?

Yes but what weapon did the suspect have? Was it drawn?

Un#ing believable...how about we hold our society responsible for their actions.

I prefer a society were you get a fair trial not summary executed on the streets.

Also from what the OP is stating the criminal was armed?

Not determined yet it seems.

I understand what you are saying and I can agree with some of your points. Thank you for not taking anything I said to be personal. I was getting a little fired up, lol.

link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

if they released the info sooner.

Pretty sure there is a VERY good reason why they withheld info.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

Well, I think it's a little complicated. Protect your own. I think most of us do it. Witnesses in this kind of ordeal should not be trusted because most people are HORRIBLE observers when they are scared. Really don't trust them when one is a 'friend' and the rest are family that weren't there and the others hate the police and love attention.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It is also alleged by multiple witnesses

I've only seen two. One was his accomplice, the other was some ditz from the neighborhood that I wouldn't trust to babysit a goldfish. She basically admitted she had no idea what was going on. "I tried to get out my camera, then I heard shots so I ran, but while I was running I totes saw the guy hold up his hands".

Exactly. My brother was in a car accident about 5 years ago. It was his fault. He hit a blind spot from the sun and turned in front of a motorcycle with 2 passengers. Luckily the passengers came out ok with a broken ankle for one. This happened in a low income neighborhood just off a busy street. Many witnesses saw exactly what happened but for the right price they were willing to change the story to benefit my brother.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
I fully believe this whole Department is rotten to the core... I also fully believe Brown was a thug.Once again, both sides are wrong. IMHO.

Crooked Police Force Executes Violent Robber.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join