It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all believers!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: demus
That saying doesn't make sanse . pretty sure I heard help others. And yea I did ask more then a 1000x times

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JustKoz

I am a skeptical, non religious, non atheist.

Not sure how that happened, but it did.
edit on 16-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

The experiences I mentioned are quite personal and I will not subject them to a public forum.

However, what led me to these experiences I will be happy to share. In my college years I was gung-ho, psychology major, with many BIG questions I was determined to find the answers for. The ultimate questions - you know; "Why are we here?" "What purpose does life on earth serve?" The questions mentioned earlier in this thread as well.

Psychology was found incredibly lacking. History, mathematics, everywhere I turned all I found were theories and no concrete answers. To anything I sought after. This left me unsatisfied. I turned to philosophy. Again, arguments turning circles over centuries. I turned to various religious texts, still with my innate disdain of such. It remained a confusing, contradictory mess for me.

Over time and well past college, I gave up. The questions that once burned within slowly died.

We are physical, intellectual, and emotional beings. No one can deny that. What led to my experiences and following belief in God was an intentional, guided, "education" of all three of these parts of myself. The intellect, in modern society, rules most (myself included - and, no, I'm not claiming I'm a genius or anything). Some are more emotional, some more physical. Very very few are balanced.

I am unbalanced. A lopsided monstrosity
That is why I believe. It involves an emotional aspect I have long neglected and it needs nurturing. I don't want to be ruled by logic. I don't want to be ruled by emotions. I don't want to be ruled by the desires of my body. I want unity.

I want to be I. Whole.

As an aside....blind belief in something is NOT necessary. Blind beliefs stem from those whose primary personality is ruled by emotion. No worse than those ruled by intellect (scientists discounting all religious practice, e.g.). And, no worse than those ruled by bodily desires (sex/drug addicts, foodies)....etc.

I hope I've made some sense.

Best wishes.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: adjensen
But still this is not the best reason to believe.
I'm looking for a legit reason to belive

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Tucket
So you're basing all you're hope on god?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime
Well what does make you believe in Jesus then? Why not Messiah or Allah?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I think I'm gonna start a thread about this. Environments and religions.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
If you'd read other replies you'd know that I do t want an answer like this. But why do you believe in god?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle
I never experienced something like that. I'm always alone...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: kalunom
Thanks kalunom ,so be going good for you. I'm happy for you
I understand now that some people just believe to be diffrent

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

You are a survivor....

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustKoz
I know that maybe this question was asked before. But I really wanna know. Why do you guys believe in religion? I was born a Roman chatolic but I did not believe in anything my self since 9. Because of all bad that happend to me , I had to take care of my self. God didn't help me. Let me hear about you're opinion

If you do not know after being raised a Catholic then there is no use in explaining it.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Jesus was very clear. Some can see and others are blind, some can hear others are deaf.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Still don't get it

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

As I said, I believe because of personal experiences that I have had, and I would guess that for persons such as myself who were not raised in a faith, that's probably the only thing that will do it. I would also guess that the vast majority of those people are neither interested or open to such an experience, and that's why they don't ever have any.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Still don't get it

Contrary to what is generally peddled as christianity, Christ said that many just don't have the capacity to hear and understand Him. They see but they really don't see and hear but really don't hear. Further that the blind and deaf are made so. "the rest were blinded".

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
But that doesnt mean anything. So people dont belive cause they dont see anything? Evil or Good or neither. Whatever there is too much stuff to say that

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I'm looking for a legit reason to belive

You need the truth...

It doesn't get any more legit than that.

Below are a few quotes about this topic I have collected over the years:

“Jesus said, ‘I am the truth.’ Truth is not a teaching. Truth is a person, and if you have that person, you have the Truth." Jan Sjoerd Pasterkamp

The Bible tells us that if we DILIGENTLY seek God, that He will reveal Himself to us. So have at it! Just say "God if you are real, SHOW ME!" Say it out loud, and be patient and DILIGENT - Do it each day diligently and persistently until He shows up. It won't be God the Father, but it will be either Jesus or an angel who will appear to you or you will hear His voice - either in your spirit or audible. He will do it in His timing, not yours, so be persistent and diligent and patient!

A guy at my school was speaking and he said he talking at a convention and he went up to a girl and gave her $20, she started bursting crying.. And she said that when she woke up that she asked God "If your real someone will give me $20 today" So God can show himself in many ways. www.youtube.com...

Two keys to connecting with the heart of God are prayer and worship.

One simple act of faith can change a persons destiny forever...

God once told Norvel Hayes the church is sadly lacking because we do not worship Him enough.

This quote is from a an article that is worth reading it in its entirety ...

"God told Norvel Hayes the church is sadly lacking. We do not worship Him enough. You have to get alone in the privacy of your home and get on your knees and just worship Jesus, telling Him how much you love Him and appreciate Him. So I did. And after a few weeks, suddenly, God began to speak. After a while, Jesus began to appear to me. He would just walk in my room like an ordinary person and sit and talk to me." Unleashing the Supernatural Power of God in Your Life

"...spend much time in private worship. God is calling you into His Presence, for that is the only place you will find fullness of joy–His joy–which will be your strength." Transformation of the Soul

Norvel Hayes Video on Worship
Worship Unleashing the Supernatural Power of God in Your Life
Worship - Unleashing the Supernatural Power of God
How to Become a Wise Man in Gods Eyes Worship Him

I was once an atheist years ago but when I began to experience supernatural encounters that only God Himself could have done, all of that changed.

This isn't just a matter of faith, I have seen undeniable proof and so have countless others as well.

The end result is I KNOW that God is very much real.

Many on ATS are real honest to God truth SEEKERS, to those I would say this...

I double dog DARE you to take the challenge quoted below.

WHAT have you got to lose?

"If that is not enough, I challenge all non-believers to ask him yourself. If you ask Jesus directly if he is real, to show himself to you, in an honest and humble manner, simply a search for truth, he will do something to show you he is real. Please be patient, as he will do this on his timing, not yours!!"

God is a gentleman...

He never forces himself on anyone.

Nor will he force anyone against their will to go to Heaven.

He might just be waiting for YOU to make the first move.

Ask, seek, and knock.

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
God doesn't lie either - but he veils the truth from those who consider themselves wise in their own eyes. Finding the truth is a matter of humility and the acceptance of our need for grace (nobody can be counted pure in the eyes of God... Perseverance in seeking the person of God is the key. If we knock, the door will be opened. After that, it's just a matter of time until he 'leads us into all truth' by the power of His Spirit.

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
You are an open-minded sort of person, by the look of things! A rare thing in these days and times. I would advise you to pray a simple prayer, and see what happens. Test it out! Simply say: ''God, if you are real, would you reveal yourself to me in some way. I want to know the Truth...''

That's what I did ten years ago, and the very next day someone walked past me in the street, before stopping, turning back and pointing to me. She said: '"You've been praying. God answers prayer. Come with me...''

She was prompted by the still, small voice of calm, the voice of God's own Spirit, who lives with all believers, to be an intermediary between me and God, to prove His existence, so that I could answer the call of God, to give my life to Him.

I came to faith in Christ through her talking with me, and since that day God has shown me a thousand things that I would have no natural way of knowing. He does so in order to help us in real, practical and spiritual ways, and to help others to come to know Him. He desires for you to walk with Him, and to know His voice, and to bless your life in a million different ways.

Take it or leave it - but I hope you take it, in faith.

Ask, and you will receive. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened to you.

Don't bother with 'Droidus the spirit guide' (or others like him) - he has no answers for anyone; not even those who are devoted to him. God Himself will be your guide.

originally posted by: WeAllDieSoon
The nature of the Truth is that not everyone hears it.

The proof of God is everywhere. Creation itself is proof.

Knowing the Truth and proclaiming it is not pride. I can provide evidence, which I already have, but proof is something that comes from God.

The truth is either God revealed the truth or He didn't. The truth is you have been given the ability to seek the truth. Where there is smoke...

Me, I know because I spent years seeking. My God has revealed Himself to me. He does that after you seek Him. He does it because He said He would.

You can't know if I am telling the truth, though. That is because God designed your reality so that it is up to you, personally, to seek the truth. If you hear it, and believe it, you will seek God. And then you will know what I know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join