It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all believers!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I know that maybe this question was asked before. But I really wanna know. Why do you guys believe in religion? I was born a Roman chatolic but I did not believe in anything my self since 9. Because of all bad that happend to me , I had to take care of my self. God didn't help me. Let me hear about you're opinion

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Don't believe in anything, not even yourself. All must be verified.

And this is an age-old question - you are certainly not the first to ask. Why do bad things happen to good people - and vice-versa? Why does God not intervene in the horrible tragedies of the world?

If you are to verify something, prove something to yourself as being a fact. Would you start with these questions? Would it not make more sense to ask first, "what or who is God?" What am I in relation to God? Can I even define the word "God"?

To answer your question forthright and keep this brief (I need to sleep) - I believe in God because there were a few moments in my life in which I was absolutely certain of the existence of God. Now, I say I believe because I am no longer 'connected' to those moments. I have to believe that I can, again, experience God in my life.

For background purposes - I never seen the inside of a church until I was dragged to a Catholic wedding by a girlfriend when I was 20. No one in my family is religious. I used to read the bible so that I argue with bible-thumpers the stupidity of it all.

My life changed (and no, not because of the Catholic wedding).

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JustKoz

You would probably really dig pouring through the religious sections here on ATS. Your questions and more have been discussed at length. I'm not saying this to dissuade you from keeping this thread going; I'm just letting you know that there are many people who may not see this thread (thus not post in it) yet there is a wealth of member stories you could tap into when you have some time to kill.

As for me, I follow my path because it is imminent all around me. I cannot avoid the regard towards me from the divine sources that exists in even the most remote pockets of the mind and throughout nature. The path I follow is one I would have followed eventually even if no other people laid it out before me. To me, it is a matter of it feeling unnatural to stray from it.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

i think people need to believe in something so they dont feel helpless. because lets be honest humanity is crap and going down the drain fast.......... makes me think what its going to be like when my twin girls grow up..............

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

youv been given a life without attachment, Use it very wisely.

Every human on this planet has a purpose. Yours may be unknown to you just yet.

Not everyone has a secure life grounded by attachments. You are one of those people. You can wonder the world, See it all without the fear of being held back. You can acomplish great things. Be educated, and advance in academic studies.
Or be a vagabond and travel the world.

Once people have everything taken away from that at an older age its harder to cope with the reality of the world.
You are young so you get this experience beforehand and so cannot be disappointed as the only way you can go now is up.

remain positive, And treat people with respect. As much as you search and ask for knowledge know that everyone has a peice of wisdom to tell you as long as they are not being pessimistic or pregidious.

Btw on that thread about summoning things, I really did give you a legit *Ritual* That will get you connected to some eye opening experiences.

But i guess it all depends on your definition of God now does it?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kalunom

I believe in God because there were a few moments in my life in which I was absolutely certain of the existence of God. Now, I say I believe because I am no longer 'connected' to those moments. I have to believe that I can, again, experience God in my life.

You sum it up very well. Those "Moments" can change everything.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Wow. You've got some wisdom pouring out to you in those replies so far Justcoz. Rather then adding to it may I suggest reading them all again?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I was a one eye'd atheist ready to take on the religious fanatics this world until at age 18 a little bird told me that God existed. Since then I have had many other experiences that re-affirms my belief in a spirit world. Perhaps God is helping you in ways that eludes logic. To grow we sometimes have to suffer anguish to soften our hearts.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I have seen God's opposition first hand. I had little choice but to believe afterwards. In reality, it becomes a "knowledge" but you can't really talk about it in that sense with other people or they get offended, doubt you, attack you, etc.

I try to stay open minded, but having looked devils in the eye I can't very well claim angels don't exist, now can I?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I would tell you but I dont need a black limo coming up my drive

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Just a question: How bad was the stuff that happened and who was the cause of the stuff that happened? I feel I can give you a better response if I can understand what you went through.. If you can't, no worries.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustKoz
Why do you guys believe in religion?

I do not believe in religion...

It is a counterfeit with an agenda that lies and deliberately deceives.

The genuine is connecting with and walking with God.

The stealth agenda behind it is to cause people to hate God and want nothing to do with Him thinking that HE is the one behind the all of the atrocious things that religion does.

In 1979 I was all alone in a house in Fallbrook, CA when God manifested in a tangible form.

In the living room of the house, I noticed a huge Bible sitting on the coffee table so I sat down and opened it.

When I did, I had an incredible supernatural encounter and I was given instantaneous knowledge that the book I was looking at was written by GOD.

I KNEW that it had to be a supernatural book because this knowledge instantly came into my mind when I touched this book.

When that experience happened, it was as if I met God face to face!

I knew He was in the room, but it was only in the form of supernatural knowledge that was instantly uploaded into my spirit.

I suddenly KNEW who he was because the knowledge was instantly in my mind.

Kind of a road to Emmaus appearance type thing.

I knew it was a supernatural event and it left a profound impact on what I believed even to this day.

Once you have had a supernatural encounter with God, your beliefs actually become knowledge.

This experience removed all doubts I had about the existence of God.

More on this here and here.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
believe in religion?

I rather believe in one God.

you did everything yourself? God didn't help you?

how do you know God didn't help you?

maybe you're trying to say you didn't ask for help...

you know the saying: "Help yourself and the God will help you."

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Everyone posted before me watch the video below. Trust me wont dissapoint and is on topic.

youtu.be...

now tell me, any of you felt this way before?
edit on 15-8-2014 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
People say no one knows for a fact if God is real or not. It isn't true at all. Maybe proving it hasn't happened, but for those who give God the benefit of the doubt and have a humble heart towards him and their life will discover for themselves, the factual truth of it. Facts are not consensus based, they are individually based. Even when presented with facts, you either accept it or you don't.

Anyone who really wants proof for themselves must cast away the anger and the animosity they have and have a humble mind, not a vengeful mind. Usually, those negative attributes will not give you the spiritual presence to become aware of the realities that you have become accustomed to denying for so long.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I have had a similar encounter and it was so incredible and mind numbing.. It takes you so far away from this world when it happens that you never want to go back here from there.
It reveals truths on levels far surpassing anything previously imagined. (for me)..

I am glad you got to see these things and am glad to see your words on it. Just by reading your words in the way you are telling it, I know it is true. (Another benefit of believing which becomes knowing).

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I came to my current belief via a non-conventional route, science. One day, I was reading a book on the history of Greek mathematics, and after working my way through some theorem or another, one word popped into my mind.

"Why?"

Why was the answer that, and not something else, and why was the universe ordered? That opened a lot of doors, and after a long bit of studying maths, physics and cosmology, I emerged out the other side a deist. Personal experiences led me to believe that Christianity was the clearest representation of God's relationship with us, and after about ten years, I rejected Protestantism as being a distorted version of early Christianity and converted to Catholicism (mostly because Orthodox Catholicism, the other "valid" option, in my view, isn't practical, because I would have to drive about an hour to get to the nearest church.)

So, at least from my perspective, it is a spiritual journey. Enjoy yours, whatever it works out to be!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustKoz
Because of all bad that happend to me

It was because of all the bad that I began to believe in the power of Jesus. Ive had confirmation of his truth in my dreams and events that have passed in my life.

But its imperative that I believe because I look out at the world and I see the onslaught of evil coming at me from all sides. For me, here is no way to fight it without God imo

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I don't believe in Religion... I believe in the LORD Jesus Christ. I believe the Bible, which transcends man made religion. Man made religion, like the Roman Catholic Church, has done nothing but corrupt and destroy the Bible, and more specifically, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Man made religion is a tool for Satan to lead people away from the truth. Religion defined by the Bible is very simple...

James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

Religion is an individual responsibility, a free will choice one makes. Religion should not be dictated or administered by an organization. Anything more than this Biblical definition of Religion is corrupt and is nothing more than man made tradition. I would also note that adhering to this religious standard set forth in the Bible DOES NOT save. Salvation come by grace through faith, not of works, which is what is described here in James 1:27. Good works are a result of salvation... salvation is not the result of good works.
edit on 15-8-2014 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

Man made religion, like the Roman Catholic Church, has done nothing but corrupt and destroy the Bible, and more specifically, the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

You do realize that the Bible came out of the church, right? It didn't fall out of the sky, lol.

It was written by men inspired by the Holy Spirit, and the canon was determined by the organization that is, today, the Catholic and Orthodox Catholic churches that you seem to despise. Were it not for the church, you wouldn't have a Bible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join