It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China says over 150 'economic fugitives' at large in the U.S

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
OK Guys and Gals, Looks like it's not only our Politicos and Bureaucrats on The Take. Good Old China seems to have Muchas Problemas as well. So, what do you think guys, should The US send these people back to stand trial or should we welcome these folk as A Big Boost to Real Estate Prices here in The USA?

www.reuters.com... -idUSKBN0GB0CS20140811

(Reuters) - More than 150 economic fugitives, many of whom are corrupt officials or suspected of graft in China, are at large in the United States, Chinese state media said on Monday, citing a senior official from the public security ministry.

The United States "has become the top destination for Chinese fugitives fleeing the law," the China Daily newspaper said, citing Liao Jinrong, director general of the ministry's International Cooperation Bureau.

Chinese President Xi Jinping has made fighting pervasive graft a central theme and has warned, like others before him, that corruption threatens the Communist Party's survival.

Beijing has long grappled with the issue of so-called "naked officials" - government workers whose husbands, wives or children are all overseas - who use foreign family connections to illegally shift assets out of China or to avoid investigation. Some estimates put the number of Chinese officials and family members moving assets offshore at more than 1 million in the past five years.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

Don't see why we should look for the Chinese when this administration has let illegals from all over Central America in. Many of them are criminals.

Or we could round up all illegals and fugitives and send them back. I'd go for that.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago
Well Bassago, These particular ones seem to be people that someone actually wants. I'm sure most of the countries where most illegals are from don't want them back, just stick them on our plate. I wonder how badly The Chinese actually want these guys back? Maybe there's some sort of Reward for their whereabouts? LOL
Peace Arjunanda

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well, the corrupt people that fled china will feel right at home in Washington DC. They can become political advisors.

We have a society that has a lot of deceitful people in it. They can join the feeding frenzy.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yeah Ricky, Maybe our thieves can teach their thieves how to do it better and not have to run. But then again as Ron Paui's Signage on his desk at his Congressional Offices said
on't Steal The Government Hates Competition" LOL
Peace, Arjunandaa reply to: rickymouse

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

China is constantly trying to hack our Govt. so why would we look to help them get back 150 economic fugitives?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Remind me again why only Americans seem to have the consequences of not following American laws ...?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Let's face it we do at least as much hacking as every other Gov on The Planet. OK, we have a vote to let em stay, though there might be a bit of a problem if we ever want anyone back really badly who stole Big Here in The USA mightn't we. Just it's probably better to think twice before setting precedents that might Bite Us Back in The Buttocks in The Futuro Amigo.
Peace, Arjunanda a reply to: jhn7537

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Because it's not about The Laws, But The Control, Oh and we do have a tendency to show up in court and pay fines nice and civilized like! Unlike our Benefits Tourists,/Guests, Ha Ha. Peace My Friend Arjunada a reply to: Iamthatbish

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I agree, but until the time comes where both our Govts start playing nice (US and China), I don't see either going out of their way to do the other favors... Especially with returning wanted citizens back to their former countries, but who knows, maybe I'm being a little cynical here.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Frenemies Jim, They just keep the Games up to keep all of us paying. It's all about fleecing all of us in the end and when we're no linger any use to them, I'm sure they'll come up with some Rotten War Thing to throw us away once they've had their evil ways with us. Stay Vigilant Friend
Namaste Arjunanda a reply to: jhn7537

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

As soon as they figure out how to grease the political wheels of Washington, citizenship will be granted chop chop. There is legislation already in place to buy a business or invest in business and you are eligible for citizenship, just ask our governor Terry McAuliffe. He has had plenty of experience with this.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Here I fixed your link for you:
Link

Listen, This is really no different than Rich people in America that have their accountants move their money to Over sea's accounts for tax purposes. In China, most Chinese don't Trust any one But Close Family Members.
Not an Accountant, A Family Member You Can Bring Shame On Them if They Fail You, an Accountant, you can only fire or have killed.

Plus you have to remember, when you all are talking about the Law, I have to ask What Law.
There is no extradition treaty between China and the United States.
Besides, the United States Won't Send Back a person That May Face the Death Penalty and in China, You Would.

Just adding my two cents to your thread, Oh, I'm Chinese with some Very Wealthy Family Members, Who All Work For The Central Committee, so, I won't be asked to Laundry any money!

edit on 15-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I think you miss the point, this is about corruption (How this money was acquired) according to The Legal Authority in your country. We've all seen what happens to the places around the world that become havens for laundered money (Monies Acquired Through Illicit Means), it doesn't end up well for them. You end up with a Mafia Type Societies, these folks who land up in these places (On The Lamb) don't suddenly change stripes and become honest members of their new chosen Hide Out Societies, they do what they do best and has worked in the past for them. Usually more Graft and Corruption and don't take this as any sort of Personal Attack on yourself (I am making no accusations towards you) . It's just how it is and I feel most of us here have had enough of this kind of thing from our Home Grown Crooks without adding more to the pile. Thanks for your reply
Manaste Arjunanda reply to: guohua

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

OK, I'm not going to argue with you. You must know more about my own Government than I ever did, even though I worked for the MSS 国家安全部 before marrying my husband and moving to America.

From your article:

Chinese President Xi Jinping has made fighting pervasive graft a central theme and has warned, like others before him, that corruption threatens the Communist Party's survival.

Beijing has long grappled with the issue of so-called "naked officials" - government workers whose husbands, wives or children are all overseas - who use foreign family connections to illegally shift assets out of China or to avoid investigation. Some estimates put the number of Chinese officials and family members moving assets offshore at more than 1 million in the past five years.

Your Link

Now the statement, that corruption threatens the Communist Party's survival, is total B S all their interested in is the Yuan Value.
This money was made from Construction deals and military weapons contracts and other business enterprises that the Central Communist Committee is a Little Peeved that they didn't get their Cut you might say.

You want to talk about Mafia,, try talking about the Chinese Triad, Tongs and the Snake Heads, they control Human Smuggling and Drugs and most of any of your Really Revolting idea of a Gang or Mafia and they enjoy Killing.

But then again, this is just my leaned Opinion.
With all Due Respect To You and Your Thread I will Bow Out and Let You Have Your Say About These Criminals and Their Wicked Ways of Hiding Money From Their Government So Not To Pay Taxes.
Mrs. g.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Well we all know that Communism is the greatest evil on the planet and that if it is not stopped it will continue to spread to all countries, until Canada and Mexico are both Communist and the US will be in a tight spot. No? I thought that was what the government said some time ago. I don't really have a point by the way. Maybe that the government is full of it, but we know that already. I don't really have an opinion on whether they should be sent back. Does the US have an extradition treaty with China? If not then I don't expect it would be legal, first of all. If they've broken no American laws what can be done? But of course politics must be brought into the discussion. What will not sending them back do to China-US relations? Probably nothing, but you never know.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
That's weird. Why would corrupt politicians and financial criminals feel safe in the US when the US actually imprisons more "criminals" than even communist China? (/irony)

I suppose if I were in the shoes of the Chinese and I didn't want America poaching... well whatever good or bad thing these people actually are... I could go one of two ways.

1. Respond in kind. Recruit the Koch Bros and their money to come over where they are safer from those they have financial, political, and/or felonious differences with. That'll teach us... (not all of us, but the decision makers would actually be sad to see them go).

2. Kill 'em with kindness. Give back our manufacturing jobs and stop flooding us with cheap toxic crap merchandise. For all the good that would arise, a dollar saved just wouldn't go as far under that new arrangement. The workers would do well since they had productive jobs with an added value that they can take a percentage of indefinitely as long as demand for the product remains, as opposed to servant jobs where nothing is really produced and there is therefore a maximum limit on how much workers can possibly get before the flow of revenue dries up. On the other hand those just sitting on a pile of money would see it go down in purchasing power and might suddenly start to miss the fruits of child labor and zero pollution control.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Ok Mrs. G.

I will no longer accept cartoons as enjoyment on ATS, I will now only accept my favorite food now that you have given away your secret.

Kindest, hungriest, regards,

MG

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Let's just send ALL illegals *Chinese or not* to China, That way at least we know they got their people back and solve our problem.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

My indian uncle says all of us european anchor babies need to go too- even more problems solved.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join