It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson shooting: Missouri State Highway Patrol to take over security, governor says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Published August 14, 2014
FoxNews.com
Facebook0 Twitter0
Never autoplay videos

The Missouri State Highway Patrol will take over supervising security in Ferguson, Missouri, the St. Louis suburb that has been the scene of violent protests since a police officer fatally shot an unarmed black teenager, the state's governor announced Thursday.

Gov. Jay Nixon announced that security will be overseen by Capt. Ron Johnson of the Highway Patrol after the local police response drew heavy criticism. Nixon said the change is intended to make sure "that we allow peaceful and appropriate protests, that we use force only when necessary, that we step back a little bit and let some of the energy be felt in this region appropriately."

Ferguson shooting: Missouri State Highway Patrol to take over security, governor says

Hopefully, this will serve to stabilize the situation, and keep the federal government out of the fray. The State Police usually conduct investigations in corruption of local law enforcement. The State Police has that jurisdiction, and the state would be very well served to have the state police investigate the shooting... as well as any misconduct by local LEOs during the protests.
edit on 14-8-2014 by madmac5150 because: Mistakenly removed tinfoil helmet

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

They should start their investigation with the filmed episode of local police firing tear gas at the media. And then work their way from there. I am sure they will find a scary amount of wrongdoings. If they investigate at all that is.

I am just glad it is the State Police being called in and not martial law or something. For now.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Higheay patrol in possible riot scenario? I dont thats very eise?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
When a cop stands over a guy who's down and basically unloads his gun into him, well, I dont think there's a lot to investigate!
They gotta arrest that cop!
Then they gotta apologize to the town for the militarized response! and then make damn sure that cop is PROPERLY investigated, and if guilty sent down!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: madmac5150

They should start their investigation with the filmed episode of local police firing tear gas at the media. And then work their way from there. I am sure they will find a scary amount of wrongdoings. If they investigate at all that is.

I am just glad it is the State Police being called in and not martial law or something. For now.

IF the State of Missouri has a sense of decency... a sense of responsibility... (and if they remember the oaths they all swore to uphold), they should investigate every single incident and take control of the investigation of that young man's shooting.

Probably a lot to ask, though...

new topics

top topics

join