It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casserole dishes,what is in yours?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Lets talk casseroles and what you do with them and what you put in them.

My dish is sliced potato (scallop style),onion,garlic and than add some cream of broccoli soup or cream of mushroom soup and than season it.
Toss it in the oven and BOOM!!!!

My other dish is macaroni,tuna,cheese and again,another cream of something soup topped with bread crumbs on top of the cheese.

Another dish is rice,can of crushed tomatoes,ground beef,onion,green pepper and tomato juice...toss it in the oven and let the juices mix together while it cooks.
The tomato juice is the liquid that cooks the rice. (mmmmm)

Show me what you have guys and gals.
Its casserole time.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Another dish is rice,can of crushed tomatoes,ground beef,onion,green pepper and tomato juice...toss it in the oven and let the juices mix together while it cooks.
The tomato juice is the liquid that cooks the rice. (mmmmm)

That's a good one! I add corn and some cumin and chili powder to it as well!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
As every military wife will likely find out, the standard issue casserole for every occasion is Green Bean Casserole. While there are various methods to create it, a staple method includes adding cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup.

Personally, I've had my share over a 20-year career and am invigorated by this thread!

Let the casserole recipes rain!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Large cubes of ham, diced potatoes and cheese was a favorite of mine.

I can't eat potatoes any more.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I love chicken spaghetti add some rotel instead imo

www.foodnetwork.com...
edit on 14-8-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Pizza mess! Haven't had a kid turn it down yet. In fact, when the boys come home, it is requested 9 times out of 10.

Boil some noodles. Put them in a casserole dish. Throw in pizza sauce, and everything you love on a pizza. Mix in some mozzarella, and sprinkle some on top.

Bake at 400 until cheese browns.

Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

How come?
Too fattening?

I love potatoes...it almost hurts reading you cant eat them.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
New Mexico Style Enchiladas.

Tortilla chips, ground, cooked buffalo, green pepper, onion, olives, jalapeno, can of enchilada sauce, cheese. YUM!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

How come?
Too fattening?

I love potatoes...it almost hurts reading you cant eat them.

Kidney stone prevention diet.
The list goes on....
Chocolate
nut
peanut butter
not a good thing.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
As I like moist food, casseroles are great for me.

Some of my favourite casseroles are:

Chicken chasseur: Chicken (browned first), onions (caremalised first), carrots, parsnip (sauteed first), garlic, white wine, chicken stock, fresh herbs, seasoning.

Coq au vin: as above but with plenty red wine

Chicken Supreme: Chicken and onions as above, garlic, mushroom (sauteed first), chicken stock, fresh herbs, seasoning, fresh cream /soya cream / creme fraiche.

Goulash: Chicken and onions as above, red and green peppers, garlic, tomato, tomato puree, sweet smoked paprika, chicken stock, cream /soya cream / creme fraiche.

Seafood bisque: lobster /crab / prawn / squid / smoked white fish / salmon, garlic, tomato puree, pinch turmeric or saffron, brandy, fish stock, seasoning, cream / soya cream / creme fraiche

Beurre manié can be added to all of these to thicken the sauce or a roux made before adding the liquid ingredients. In winter I sometimes add dumplings, which are cooked in the casserole for the last 20 mins, made of olive oil / butter, seasoning, fresh herbs, self raising flour, baking powder, water and milk / almond milk / soya milk.

There are so many more. Best enjoyed with fresh crusty French bread.

edit on 14-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
New Mexico Style Enchiladas.

Tortilla chips, ground, cooked buffalo, green pepper, onion, olives, jalapeno, can of enchilada sauce, cheese. YUM!

That sounds yummy.
All I would have to change would be substituting red(or any other color) for the green peppers.

Well, I guess I would have to go shoot a buffalo.
edit on bu312014-08-14T12:31:21-05:0012America/ChicagoThu, 14 Aug 2014 12:31:21 -050012u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

It is SO good! You can spice it up anyway you want. You can get buffalo at many grocery stores. Or you can use ground turkey or ground beef (yuk!). LOL

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
As I like moist food, casseroles are great for me.

Some of my favourite casseroles are:

Chicken chasseur: Chicken (browned first), onions (caremalised first), carrots, parsnip (sauteed first), garlic, white wine, chicken stock, fresh herbs, seasoning.

Coq au vin: as above but with plenty red wine

Chicken Supreme: Chicken and onions as above, garlic, mushroom (sauteed first), chicken stock, fresh herbs, seasoning, fresh cream /soya cream / creme fraiche.

Goulash: Chicken and onions as above, red and green peppers, garlic, tomato, tomato puree, sweet smoked paprika, chicken stock, cream /soya cream / creme fraiche.

Seafood bisque: lobster /crab / prawn / squid / smoked white fish / salmon, garlic, tomato puree, pinch turmeric or saffron, brandy, fish stock, seasoning, cream / soya cream / creme fraiche

Beurre manié can be added to all of these to thicken the sauce or a roux made before adding the liquid ingredients. In winter I sometimes add dumplings, which are cooked in the casserole for the last 20 mins, made of olive oil / butter, flour, seasoning, fresh herbs, self raising flour, baking powder, water and milk / almond milk / soya milk.

There are so many more. Best enjoyed with fresh crusty French bread.

I was cringing untill i read your list, and for me personally i would whack on a pilaf to serve with your choices, besides the bisque of course. yum.
Now im going to have to make one,

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well, will be doing this in the fall. We don't do casseroles as much, because 8 people live here and I only really keep the middle rack in the oven and larger portions for everyone for the main meal. But we could do this like lasagna, which is done in the big roasting pan for us. Just get out the turkey roasting pan and make big casserole when it gets cooler.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Pilaf is good. I do sometimes serve some of those dishes with rice or Boulangère / Dauphinoise potatoes and are also the base for many of the risotto's that I make.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

That sounds so good, but did you forget something? Do you bake it? For how long? Or do you just eat it like nacho's?

Help me out here!!!! I don't want to mess it up!!!! LOL

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I can use a good risotto recipe if you have one.
Never made one but would love to give it a try.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
That is my wife's specialty, I make a lot of things but she does those types of dishes. I have input, telling her which I don't care for but that is it.

I hate when she finds a new recipe on the net sometimes, some are full of chemistry neither of us like anymore. She does not believe me when I tell her that it won't taste good till after she tastes it and we wind up dumping it in the garbage after the leftovers sit in the fridge for three days uneaten.

S&F. I need to see if anyone has some good recipes on this.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Risotto is great. One of my favourite recipes is bacon and mushroom risotto, though chicken could be used or just mushroom.

Bacon and Mushroom risotto: Bacon or pancetta (sauteed), onion (caremalised), add mushrooms, sautee, then add rice (Carnaroli / Arborio) sautee lightly, add a cup of white wine or half a cup of brandy, cook off the alcohol, add chicken or veg stock either slowly as in traditional method, until absorbed by the rice, adding more each time, or all at once, add seasoning, if adding stock all at once, bring to simmer, cover and turn heat to minimal for 5 mins then switch off heat and let cook with lid on for another 10 mins, the steam will cook the rice, when cooked add some cream / soya cream / creme fraiche and freshly grated Parmesan / Grana Padano if liked and fresh herbs such as parsley.

Again, best served with fresh crusty French bread.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
That sounds so good, but did you forget something? Do you bake it? For how long?

I didn't know I was supposed to give a recipe. Here's how I do it.

In a frying pan, cook the buffalo, onion and peppers together. Lay down a layer of chips in a sprayed glass pan (approx. 8X13, but you can go smaller). I crush them a little to make them flat. Top with a layer of the buffalo (1/2 the mixture), and layer the other ingredients (olives [green and black], 1/2 can red or green enchilada sauce and 1/2 the cheese). Then add another layer, starting with the chips and ending with the cheese. Bake at 375 for about 35-45 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes and slice into squares. Serve with a dollop of guacamole or plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream, if you prefer).

How's that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join