It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cosmos on Canadian Netflix.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Just in case some people don't know. The modern and up-to-date version of Carl Sagan's series of The Cosmos is now on Canadian netflix!

It's hosted and narrated by Neil DeGrassee Tyson.
For those who don't know what it is. It's basically a series of episodes show casing all of sciences discoveries over the years about our natural universe, evolution, the big bang, everything.

It was first aired by the amazing astronomer Carl Sagan in his efforts to reach out to the public and teach them the scientific method and boast awareness of our natural universe, Mr. Tyson whom admired Sagan teamed up with Seth Macfarlane to re-create this wonderful series with a more up-to-date version.

So I suggest either going to a library and reading Sagans book or head to Netflix and watch it, it's pretty well done!

As for other countries, I am not sure if it's on their Netflix.

Edit: I must add, it's wonderfully done for all ages, I suggest if you have kids who are over the ages of 10 or so, watch it with them!
edit on 13-8-2014 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Infidel!!!!

edit - S&F. (shhhhh.)
edit on 13-8-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It is very good. I ended up getting Carl sagan's book demon haunted world after looking into finding the original cosmos. It's a very interesting read. He sure was able to see the way the world was heading. If only the world would have acted on some more of his ideas.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
LOL, I got original book... that was lucky finding...

I love it...

BTW, it is not just Canadian Netflix, it is overall Netflix - in USA as well.
edit on 14-8-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I watched the first episode yesterday, they've really gone all out on the graphics. I like Neil DeGrasse Tyson though and it was a pretty interesting 45 minutes.

top topics

join