It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Police-Involved Shooting Reported In Ferguson, Missouri

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The looters warrant no sympathy or consideration from me and should be shot. This is pure and repugnant opportunism.

Don't looters just deserve to pay for their crime of theft? You know like due process calls for
Not these ones that were armed and shot at the police, or at least the one that did. He got what was coming to him.
But the rest deserve to round up and jailed for their crimes, not to just be shot.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
They end up punishing themselves because once this is all over its THEIR community that is destroyed and they will end up having to pay heavily inflated prices for everything that will then be in short supply and widely unavailable within their own community as they have to drive elsewhere to obtain the most basic goods. It's a terribly ignorant and short sited thing and when its all over the very mourns who have destroyed their own community are going to try to scapegoat someone else to avoid their own responsibility.

That is the problem with these slimy parasites, they have no concern for their neighborhood and its citizens and are using this tragedy for personal gains while sticking to their neighbors. Not enough people are calling them out on their actions.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
But the rest deserve to round up and jailed for their crimes, not to just be shot.

My reference was to those in the Original Post, apologies if I was not clear enough in my choice of words or how I articulated the post.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
you all underestimate the ability of a free 45 inch flat screen T.V. to soothe the righteous indignation of a brother being shot by the police.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
you all underestimate the ability of a free 45 inch flat screen T.V. to soothe the righteous indignation of a brother being shot by the police.

I doubt the toolbags out looting and rioting genuinely cared for Mr. Brown.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Being armed wearing masks is liable to get your ass shot. It's sad that every time a cop is justified in shooting a thug that they will be drug through the mud and that there will be protests because the thugs family will have to tell what a good boy their gang-banger son was and show photos of him when he was 12. What are the cops supposed to do?? Hand out gummy bears and bug juice? Just sit back and let the thugs do what they want to? I know there are some bad cops, but we should give each cop in a situation such as this the benefit of the doubt. We have to have cops. We have to. In areas where most of these cases happen, there is serious high crime and it is mostly committed by thugs. Now, if a cop hesitates when he is justified, he might just lose his life.

The cure for this?? Every cop wears a camera. That way, they can release it and shut people the hell up.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
If this story is accurate I have no sympathy for looters and arsonists who are taking advantage of a tragedy for personal material gains.

But isn't the theft of liquor and big-screen TVs the best way to address and correct injustice in society?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

no but it certainly is a predictable response from a disenfranchised and poorly educated populace that for the most part has little experience or reason for long term planning
(most are of the opinion....and for good reason.... that this is their lot in life and even if they work hard the odds are stacked against them why think about tomorrow when for 9/10 it will be the same as today)

and the cycle continues
edit on 14-8-2014 by sirhumperdink because: because i felt like it you meddling kids

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
But isn't the theft of liquor and big-screen TVs the best way to address and correct injustice in society?

No, it is a good way to get yourself arrested and/or shot. There are plenty of recourses for the law abiding citizen to use as a forum to express civil outrage.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirhumperdink
no but it certainly is a predictable response from a disenfranchised and poorly educated populace that for the most part has little experience or reason for long term planning

I find that to be an unacceptable position and frankly I blame part of that on leaders who, instead of trying to help, are looking to further their own agendas that do little to nothing to help those they supposedly represent. Those 'leaders' are parasitic looters of a different variety.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join