It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Fatally Shoot Man in South L.A.; Family Members Say He Was Lying Down When Shot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Patrol officers had “conducted an investigative stop” in the 200 block of 65th Street, and “during the stop a struggle ensued” and police opened fire, an LAPD news release issued midmorning Tuesday stated.

The man was transported to a hospital where he underwent surgery, according to Officer Sara Faden, spokeswoman for the LAPD. He later succumbed to his injuries, police confirmed.

LAPD responds to the scene were police fatally shot a man on Aug. 11, 2014. (Credit: KTLA)
LAPD responds to the scene were police fatally shot a man on Aug. 11, 2014. (Credit: KTLA)
Officers sustained minor scrapes during the altercation and did not require hospitalization, Imaizumi had said very early Tuesday. The news release stated no officers were injured.

Police Fatally Shoot Man in South L.A.; Family Members Say He Was Lying Down When Shot

Just another day and another police killing its citizens. This happens way to much and people who never had to deal with police brutality wonder why people are starting to lose it. The badge and costume err uniform does not give you more rights or a higher status then we the people but can tell from there actions. They always throw in the gang thing also as states not sure if he was involved in a gang.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
If the cop was scrapped up, then that pretty much says it all.
The guy was putting up some level of resistance. If you resist and injure an officer you can get shot, its pretty plain and simple. Under the police use of force matrix, aggravated physical resistance can allow a lethal response from an officer. Point is, don't resist. If you're right it will come out in court later, but no amount of fighting with the police is going to make them change their mind once they initiate an arrest.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
If the cop was scrapped up, then that pretty much says it all.
The guy was putting up some level of resistance. If you resist and injure an officer you can get shot, its pretty plain and simple. Under the police use of force matrix, aggravated physical resistance can allow a lethal response from an officer. Point is, don't resist. If you're right it will come out in court later, but no amount of fighting with the police is going to make them change their mind once they initiate an arrest.

So resisting arrest constitutes being shot? Omg he got a scrape and so he killed a man and you condone this?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
What ever happened to NON LETHAL ways of apprehending perps. Why have and buy tazers ect if they NEVER use them. Deadly force was supposed to be a LAST resort not the first.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I won't make any decisions on this one yet, but I am very curious as to the cousin's statement about everyone, including the police, knowing about his "mental" problems?

Would like to know more about that.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: switchqm8
What ever happened to NON LETHAL ways of apprehending perps. Why have and buy tazers ect if they NEVER use them. Deadly force was supposed to be a LAST resort not the first.

Not no more by the seems of it

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: switchqm8

Tasers are for use on kindergarten students and the elderly.

Cops tend to shoot the rest.

ETA:
Not all cops, Xcath.... not all cops. I don't want to blanket those few good men out there with undeserved condemnation.
edit on b000000312014-08-13T07:40:21-05:0007America/ChicagoWed, 13 Aug 2014 07:40:21 -0500700000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I guess we can expect the looting to start soon?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer
I was not aware you had more info than what's being reported. Any chance you have the info that the family can't even agree on? how about we allow an investigation by the police rather than a lynching by j. Jackson?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
So resisting arrest constitutes being shot? Omg he got a scrape and so he killed a man and you condone this?

If it meets the criteria of “aggravated resistance” then yes, its perfectly legal from the police's standpoint. Again, look up “use of force matrix” and on that chart look at “aggravated resistance”.

Besides that, what's the point in resisting an officer anyway? Its not like he is going to suddenly change his mind and decide not to arrest you. You cannot resist your way out of an arrest, and the more you resist the more you stand to get hurt in the process. Just go along quietly and have your say in court. The court room is where you get to plead your case, not rolling around on the cement with a police officer on top of you.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

" If you're right it will come out in court later"

Thanx for the morning humor!

Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Thefarmer
I was not aware you had more info than what's being reported. Any chance you have the info that the family can't even agree on? how about we allow an investigation by the police rather than a lynching by j. Jackson?

It says in the post the cop had minor scrapes???

I'm going on what I read mate

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I lol at your post pal

Go along quietly like a good boy and then maybe you won't get killed

Behave

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
" If you're right it will come out in court later"

Well that's how our system and laws work. Don't blame me I didn't write them. If you don't like them, then you have all the rights of any citizen to work to change them. I'm just saying that resisting is useless, and yes, you can get killed for resisting. Your place to argue, according to the law, is in a court, not on the street with the cop. You can't win that fight, you have ZERO chance, in a court you have a chance, and won't get killed or hurt in the process.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
If you wanna see animals look how they throw a pregnant woman

m.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Your system is broken pal take a good look around you

You have no rights

link   

So a man is asleep and is woken up by people jumping on him. He feels like he is fighting for his life and is okay the cops shoot him? He probably had no idea what was going on and tried to break free. A completely normal response from a person in bed asleep. These officers should go down for murder. The cops must have known what they were doing when they shot him to not end up shooting another officer. This is scary that people feel is okay for these things to happen. I say cops get tasers and rubber bullets that is more than enough force. They can't be trusted with anything more! A gun is to be used when you know your life is in danger not a man resisting arrest. They are trained to handle these situations with bodily force they know how to subdue a person.

link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
Go along quietly like a good boy and then maybe you won't get killed

Behave

Again, take it up with the laws, not me.
You cannot win against a cop in the street, and if you try, this is the end result. So you can laugh all you want, I simply state the truth.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: IBossJekler
So a man is asleep and is woken up by people jumping on him. He feels like he is fighting for his life and is okay the cops shoot him?

There was recently a cop shot for serving a no-knock warrant like this, and the guy who shot him was found not guilty in a court.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
“conducted an investigative stop” ..... What i take that to mean is you look suspicious with no PROBABLE cause to be stopped in the first place?Maybe the guy was a lil upset because he did not do anything wrong except maybe being on a "bad" street and wanted to know why he MAY have been getting harassed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join