It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Years a member yesterday! Yay!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I just noticed today that I missed my three year anniversary yesterday, so I thought I would create a thread to mark the occasion and reflect upon my time here at ATS.

In fact I had another account I registered in 2010 but forgot the password etc to it, but I hardly used that one.

So three years and nearly 500 posts, and to be honest I have learned much from ATS members and I am eternally grateful to you all.

I may have also lost a few brain cells from some of the more questionable content - but the good far out way's the bad.

I came for the UFO forum and 9/11 truth, and now I usually spot important story's here first - because some members are engaged in a cutthroat race to that starry sky!

I often wonder whether ATS became my goto site because of the site/quality of content - or if it was just quick and easy to search "ATS" !!

Anyway, as I said in the current top thread, all media platforms have a degree of bias when it comes to editorial/moderation decisions, but I do feel like Above Top Secret is one of the few media platform's which allow us to discuss the news in a pretty honest way , and with everyone able to speak at the same volume - and we must remember never to take this fact for granted, as most of us know TPTB would delight in revoking this legal dissent.

Thankyou ATS and moreso thankyou members.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Soapusmaximus

Congrats homie! I have been here on and off... ATS has certainly opened my eyes. Some of the other sites too, but ATS remains my favorite, mostly because it's cleaner and has a better class of people.. imho

edit on 13-8-2014 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Congratulations !
I am a member for 2 weeks here and I am "addicted" to this site and to seek knowledge,and ATS fits perfect for me
and for anyone here.500 posts in 3 years ? I will beat that in 2 months

Peace!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: PaulTheDuke

Hey now, its not a race =P

Ive been here since 2010 and I have about that. ATS should give out an award for active members with the most sporadic and spread out posts. I think I could possibly be a contender.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Congratulstions on your ATS anniversary. May there
be many more to follow

Cheers

Cody

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sicksonezer0

I was kidding....

ATS should give out an award for active members with the most sporadic and spread out posts

I would like to be those kind of prizes

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Congratulations on your ATS Anniversary!!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Thanks for all your replies,

Any reason to celebrate eh?!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soapusmaximus

Any reason to celebrate eh?!

Oh yes there is. To start, you survived 2012...

Congrats Soapusmaximus for a well deserved anniversary !!

To many more !!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I try not to post unless I have something worth posting!

I do like to participate in small threads, but to be honest I get lost in these mega threads and normally only reply once or twice.

Thanks for your comment friend.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Congratulations Soapus,
Wishing you many happy ATS years more.

Here have some celebratory beer and bacon.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheSun

Thank you muchly SonoftheSun, for your kind words - I don't know if I actually deserve it but thanks friend.

Also, just to add - I never expected 2012 to bring the end, the beginning or anything of the sort.

I was intrigued by the late Terence Mckenna's assertion that he thought he had discovered some kind of mathematical (anomaly/pattern/countdown) something, signifying 2012 as an important date, and he claimed he came up with the same date as the Maya independently of them, before he discovered the Mayan calendar.

Needless to say, seeingly nothing happened as we know (or as far as we know)- and poor old Terence didn't live to see it through.

ĺ

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I recently got almost 50 replies with no stars in row in one of my threads in order to convince someone
,with no result.That is what I also hate...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Stars don't matter in the slightest friend, helping people find the truth is much more valuable.

But 50 replies wow, in one thread?

Did it convince them in the end!?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Happy Anniversary!
That is very Cool,,,,, Any reason to have a is good by me

You've been following the right path I see,

Now you've reach the mountain tops,,, and You Believe!!!

Now step through,, go ahead,, we did

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

it is an endless conversation,look at this thread I did,and there are 2 guys confronting me.Finnaly I came up with correct and more vivid arguements,yet they still spit ( don't know if 50 replies but there is a looooooot,i mean i wrote a lot even my hand hurts.There are 4 or 5 pages dedicated only to convince those.I have to admit that I went in an awkard situation,but then I was little informed and it went a little silence after,still spitting.
Look it up,for my final arguments look in the last replies or last page if you want,the one in the middle are bad....(only if you want LoL)

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-8-2014 by PaulTheDuke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Greetings friend, thanks for your kind words - I hope I am on a path at least and not a spiral!

To be honest I feel like I understand the world as well as I ever can (probably well wrong!) ! It's the question of reality, and learning facts, history , philosophy and one daynthe final " mystery" - death.

I am struggling along my path, and for all the good I know I do, and all the effort I put in to it - I still am going up and down, and still doing some things I know I shouldn't be doing.

I need to take the final plunge into self control and not self pity.

Are those picture Tibet?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Congrats!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
No, that is Heavens Gate Mountain or Tianmen Mountain in the Province of Hunan in the city of Zhangjiajie.
It's very Beautiful.
I'll attach a video if you are others are interested.

edit on 13-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join