It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you react to a handicap?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
www.museumofhoaxes.com...

It seems to be a hoax from 2006.

As someone who is disabled I think it was funny as hell life is to short to be unhappy.

Live and laugh people.

Thanks Insane for helping out... If we cannot laugh then we only have our eyes to cry... and keyboards to get grumpy with

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

So much for "Deny Ignorance".

Maybe the ATS motto should be 'Celebrate Stupidity!'.

I've worked on a lot of irreverent TV shows and can find humour in some off colour material, but nothing that cut such a fine line between foulness and acceptability.

Not only does this twisted fail cross the line, but that people at ATS would actually believe it on it's FACE VALUE is a very sad commentary about the world we live in.

Next time you accept something at face value and don't question the veracity of the claim, remember this thread and how thoroughly deceived the majority of people are.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic
We get it you don't like to laugh.
Get over it.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
We get it you don't like to laugh.
Get over it.

If I told you the comedy shows on which I was department head you'd see some irony in that.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

I've worked on a lot of irreverent TV shows and can find humour in some off colour material, but nothing that cut such a fine line between foulness and acceptability.

Not only does this twisted fail cross the line, but that people at ATS would actually believe it on it's FACE VALUE is a very sad commentary about the world we live in.

Next time you accept something at face value and don't question the veracity of the claim, remember this thread and how thoroughly deceived the majority of people are.

Thank you for finally answering my question Psynic.

Unfortunately not all of us here on ATS have had the chance that you have had in working on comedy shows/TV such as the one that is depicted.

I don't think this makes us stupid as you kindly stated... just a little ignorant to some facts, but once again, thank you for giving us your insight... I will go to bed a little wiser tonight.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

Unfortunately not all of us here on ATS have had the chance that you have had in working on comedy shows/TV such as the one that is depicted.

I don't think this makes us stupid as you kindly stated... just a little ignorant to some facts, but once again, thank you for giving us your insight... I will go to bed a little wiser tonight.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Your response to truth is sarcasm and snide followed by "Kindest respects".

The duplicity is noted.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Hey P.

Rodinus always signs off with "Kindest respects" in his posts.
It's become like his "thing".
Us older ATS members know this.

The same way how I like to write "thanks for sharing". I can't help it, it's almost always in my posts.

Back on topic, I've actually seen this clip, and know it's supposed to be a joke.
It's from 2006,been around the net for awhile.

Did I laugh?
A little giggle, I'll admit it, but then again, I knew it was a joke.

To Rodinus

Thanks for sharing Rodinus.
I needed a little giggle.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I didn't laugh since I don't speak a word of French and had no idea what was going on. At first, I was expecting the girl in the wheelchair to have the funny voice, so it took me a while to realize it was the man, and then I thought he was with her. And by the time, I realized he was supposed to have the voice as his own handicap the announcer was trying hard not to laugh at and failing ... I just wasn't in laughing mood anymore. Too confused.

I do know that it is awkward when you run into a situation where you know you shouldn't laugh and something triggers that impulse. The more you try not to laugh, the more you want to. I was working with a little dyslexic boy on some reading exercises and the word was C-A-R-P. Sure enough, he read out loudly and clearly, "CRAP!" And he was just so pleased with himself. For some reason, I just wanted to crack up. It was one of the hardest things to not do it.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I was working with a little dyslexic boy on some reading exercises and the word was C-A-R-P. Sure enough, he read out loudly and clearly, "CRAP!" And he was just so pleased with himself.

His name didn't happen to be 'Ernie' did it?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It was a sketch.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Your response to truth is sarcasm and snide followed by "Kindest respects".

The duplicity is noted.

Thank you for your pertinent comments Psynic.

Your opinion is yours Psynic and I respect that opinion as I respect those of everyone who is a member of this site.

However I must admit that right from the very beginning of this thread nearly all of your comments have been fairly negative towards either myself or others in one way or another, I don't know if you had a particularly bad day yesterday but if you did I hope that today brings smiles and sunshine to you.

Call me snide, stupid or sarcastic... whatever you want... we do not all think like you and have the same perception of things so it would be nice to see a little tolerance and open mindness on your behalf as well?

I shall not continue conversing with you if you continue with this negative attitude as in my opinion you are just looking for a conflict here and nothing else... maybe I am wrong and if so I apologise.

As usual :

Sincerest and kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I didn't laugh since I don't speak a word of French and had no idea what was going on. At first, I was expecting the girl in the wheelchair to have the funny voice, so it took me a while to realize it was the man, and then I thought he was with her. And by the time, I realized he was supposed to have the voice as his own handicap the announcer was trying hard not to laugh at and failing ... I just wasn't in laughing mood anymore. Too confused.

I do know that it is awkward when you run into a situation where you know you shouldn't laugh and something triggers that impulse. The more you try not to laugh, the more you want to. I was working with a little dyslexic boy on some reading exercises and the word was C-A-R-P. Sure enough, he read out loudly and clearly, "CRAP!" And he was just so pleased with himself. For some reason, I just wanted to crack up. It was one of the hardest things to not do it.

Hiya Ket.

Just for information and after reading through the contributions so far, it appears that this is a Belgium show and that the language is Flemmish (Belgian Dutch) and not French (Belgium has two languages).

It sure is difficult sometimes not to laugh (well personally that is) about certain situations, but when the hadicapped person is laughing at his/her own disability then I say YES, laugh along with him/her.

Many years ago I was a volunteer for an association in the UK called PHAB (Physically handicapped and able bodies persons) association, we also had people that suffered from Tourettes Syndrome and sometimes the air could be quite blue. At the beginning certain sufferers were quite embarrased about their sudden outbursts of language but after time, patience and understanding we and they all loosened up and we had so many real laughs and fun together... this is what they wanted and helped them in their everyday struggle.

We even formed a group... which was great fun...

Warning certain words may offend some people :

Please certain members DO NOT try and say this is fake too?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 13/8/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Sure I laughed at the host laughing. The guy sounded like mrs doubtfire.

I'm handicapped btw , but I maintain my sense of humour. My daughter was calling me mongo when I first became handicapped . I sometimes can't talk good. I was making funny sounds. Sometimes I have cried don't call me mongo, other times I've just laughed. I know she's just joining around. We joke around a lot, always have.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join