It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Chat... Only for a very few elite?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I took a break away for a couple of months from ATS and came back yesterday...

Shock Horror...

Yet again after the umpteenth time connecting to ATS chat I decided to pop on and say hello to anyone who may be hanging around there...

However... what I have noticed :

As soon as I pop on and politely say hello I see "such and such has left the salon"...

I politely say hello and ask how folks are only to be completely ignored... generally the same people that are on the forum most of the time...

What is the issue... DO I (or other members) HAVE SMELLY BREATH OR SOMETHING?

Are us other ATS members not worthy of polite and intelligent conversation? Are we not good enough for you?

Come on "certain" chat users... Open up to the rest of the ATS community.... there are other folks who would also like to discuss with you too...

Have a little consideration please?

Anyone else feeling this too or am I just paranoid?

Now that I have ranted about this I AM SURE THAT I WILL BE IGNORED EVEN MORE ON CHAT... Deny Ignorance?

Seems like another break may be on its way...

*Mumble... Grumble... Mutter... Mutter.... Bahhhh Humbug...*

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 12/8/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
How can anyone ignore you Rodinus?? I would have definitely hollered back at you if I had been in there. I have been in a time or two and got the same thing, but I notice that when I get in there is usually a conversation going on already. The times that I have just entered into the conversation I was greeted warmly by most.

Maybe they just didn't realize it at the time that nobody welcomed you. They may have assumed someone else did and didn't bother. Who knows? But I hate that you were made to feel that way regardless. It's not fun to feel left out at all.

Hopefully they will think about it a little more next time since they know how it made you feel.

I've got Kanga hugs for you if you want those... I hear that they feel like warm gummy bears lol. If that doesn't cheer you up, then I don't know what will.

edit on 8/12/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Chat works??

Ive tried using it loads but never works. Disabled ghostery, adblocker etc. Always sticks on loading screen. I assumed it was just another ATS 'feature' that was broken and ignored.

Nah, still not working for me.

Wonder if other users have this issue.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
How can anyone ignore you Rodinus?? I would have definitely hollered back at you if I had been in there. I have been in a time or two and got the same thing, but I notice that when I get in there is usually a conversation going on already. The times that I have just entered into the conversation I was greeted warmly by most.

Maybe they just didn't realize it at the time that nobody welcomed you. They may have assumed someone else did and didn't bother. Who knows? But I hate that you were made to feel that way regardless. It's not fun to feel left out at all.

Hopefully they will think about it a little more next time since they know how it made you feel.

I've got Kanga hugs for you if you want those... I hear that they feel like warm gummy bears lol. If that doesn't cheer you up, then I don't know what will.

Hiya Kang

What I normally do is just go in there, politely introduce myself and await to be invited to the conversation.

However, very often, when sometimes the conversation is of interest I may make a comment... normally totally ignored and then you see "such and such had left"...

Grrrrr... *roots around in leather bag under desk for foam filled cricket bat with rubber nail on the end*

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 12/8/14 by Rodinus because: My apologies... Spelling is getting worse as time goes on...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus
Elite few? Please! pfft they let me in there so it can't be all that glamorous

It's a chat room. That means people park their login names in there and lurk idly for hours. Nothing personal against you. Just the nature of the chat room. Come back in, there's a conversation buzzing now.

edit on 12-8-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Deny ignorance, but so much ignorance is spread here. From what I've seen people are way more judgmental, narrow minded, and just down right cruel, but of course there's an exception for several members. Also I'm not pretending to know every member on here. Just the experiences I've had with a lot of members.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
ATS Chat still exists?

Looooooooooooooooool.

I have to check it out again. It usually never connected for me.

Oh my god, it works.
edit on 12-8-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

It's a chat room. That means people park their login names in there and lurk idly for hours. Nothing personal against you. Just the nature of the chat room.

Hi Narc.

Totally agreed with you, however, I have noticed that some members will *park" so to speak and then just log off without even having a scroll through the chat history and having a little *politesse* (sorry I live in France), to say... Oh I am sorry I just parked myself here and didn't even notice that you came online.

Everytime someone comes online this is highlighted in the chat bar...

I don't know... as I stated earlier on... maybe I am being parnoid?

It is very frustrating though as sometimes when I go there there are some pretty interesting conversations going on with people who have *parked* but still in their cars... but as soon as you *TRY* to add a comment you are completely ignored :-(

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I'm in there all the time and still get ignored
It's a zoo sometimes! Just login and have fun. That's all there is to it.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I'm in there all the time and still get ignored
It's a zoo sometimes! Just login and have fun. That's all there is to it.

Narco.

When I go there I often see you *parked*
... I even say hello to you too... you never reply...

*Sniff sniff*

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Yes and I'm aware and alert now, as are several other chatters. I've invited you to join twice, well, 3 times now including this post.

So no more excuses and Wile E. Coyote tears. Come back in! We're all waiting to say hello now.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I have popped in at times when there were members there and no one is saying a single word. LOL I mean it's a CHAT room, we're supposed to chat.

I used to go there a lot in the past, but now I just seem to show up when there is a show on from time to time.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Yes and I'm aware and alert now, as are several other chatters. I've invited you to join twice, well, 3 times now including this post.

So no more excuses and Wile E. Coyote tears. Come back in! We're all waiting to say hello now.

I am there now and you have buggered off... Joooooke

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I have popped in at times when there were members there and no one is saying a single word. LOL I mean it's a CHAT room, we're supposed to chat.

I used to go there a lot in the past, but now I just seem to show up when there is a show on from time to time.

Cope on in now my dear... things are going nutty

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I only talk to a few people in chat. There are those that talk to everyone though. You should try getting on during the shows. That is when chat is mainly active. At other times the majority are afk. So its not like they are ignoring you.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

You're not being ignored. People are simply just away from their computers. Look for the "away" icon next to their name (looks) like a tiny clock).

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

You're not being ignored. People are simply just away from their computers. Look for the "away" icon next to their name (looks) like a tiny clock).

Hi Bonez.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated
and I understand and respect the fact that some people may be laying *idle* so to speak on chat.

This isn't my main issue with my rant... what frustrates me is the fact that when you pop onto chat people just tend to log off without saying a word... that or sometimes people just ignore you completely.

Funnily enough, after my rant appeared I had some very interesting and kind feedback from fellow members that enticed me to go back onto chat... the little time that we all spent together was just quality time...

Please keep it up fellow ATS members... Chat is for all of us.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Mate did you holibay in GB ??

I only ask as you have come back full of whinge !!

Deep breaths mate !

edit on 12-8-2014 by Timely because: holibay - holiday in an auction or buy now envoironment.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Mate did you holibay in GB ??

I only ask as you have come back full of whinge !!

Deep breaths mate !

You know mate, being an Expat, I can seriously say that the English are not the world cup holders of whinginess... far from it... You should try living over here in France... not only is whinging involved but people also strike in order to get their message across... POWER TO THE PEOPLE...

Sorry mate, I holidayed down in the South of France in our second home on the French Riviera on our posh yaught whilst chunking down loads of expensive Champagne...

Erm... actually... no... we found a decent mobile home down in the South of France and just slobbed it out on the beach and got massive sunburn as usual and slept in sand covered beds (it's strange... no matter how much you hoover and shake the sheets you always get woken up around 3 in the morning with an itchy bum because of that nasty little grain of sand...)

That or I have worms?...

May I add : whilst drinking *from time to time but not at 3 in the morning* cheap Rosé from the local producer... much better than the over rated expensive bling bling crap "pseudo" champers... Ask Cody... he has tasted our family red champers

On a more serious note mate... For the past 5 years we are seriously contemplating moving down to the South of France forecver and aver and ever...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

As confucious once said : "Man goes to bed with itchy bum... wakes up with smelly finger"...
edit on 12/8/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join