It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Naval Ship Embedded in a Stone Mountain in Murmansk, Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Just seems a bit strange to me that there are no rust streaks down the face of the rock, from the rusting ships prow.
Interesting photos, many thanks to the poster.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
looks like a philly expt type screw up, maybe in 2001

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
Some pretty cool pictures of the abandoned military base in Murmansk at this link:
planetoddity.com...

For whatever it is worth, on this website the picture in question is called "abandoned-canon-battery".

reminds me of Corregidor thanks for the link. although Corregidor is patrolled to try to stop theft of artifacts from the war. like the US committed back in the 80's stealing a pair of cannon to mount outside some US base (they really should return and remount those stolen goods). Corregidor is kept mostly as it was as a reminder of the war as a historic site.

personally i can't figure out why there is any question about that bow being cut off and mounted there. just look at that nice straight line cut that shows it is not melded to the rock face. not to mention two cut pieces to fill the rather large gap left at the bottom where the cut comes away from the cliff face.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

I see what you are saying. It is a straight cut other than the two pieces. The cut looks like it goes down further than the two cut pieces. Good catch. It does make for a good war memorial

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt
Hello ATS,

I recently seen this picture although it has been on the internet for years now (I did not see it posted here on ATS? My apology if it is) of a Russian Navel Ship Embedded in a Stone Mountain at an abandoned, rusty and old Military Base in Murmansk, Russia. I am not an expert on photo analysis to tell if this picture is real or not. If it is real does anyone have any info on it?

Were the Russians also dabbling with the Philadelphia Experiment?

I found the answer. It is a war memorial. www.osieturner.com...
""It turns out that this is not a real ship’s bow sticking out of the rock face, but rather a memorial. It commemorates a World War II battle known as the Liinakhamari Landing, and is dedicated to the Soviet sailors that lost their lives during the siege. The memorial was opened on the 30th anniversary of the battle, on October 12, 1974. The entire area is now an open air museum with many WWII era structures, fortifications, and machinery to be found as it was left from the war"".
edit on 30-5-2021 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt
Are we meant to suppose that the ship drove into the mountain backwards?
Or is it just emerging from passing all the way through from the other side of the mountain?

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
It's a mock up of a bow. If you look at the picture in relation to the bushes on the right and grass you can see it's probably only about 9 feet high.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tarifa37
I guessed that really.
I was commenting on the theory of the photograph.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: tarifa37
I guessed that really.
I was commenting on the theory of the photograph.

Ahh I see. It's like one of those trick photo's of scale. As soon as you compare the plants grass bush etc you immediately realise this thing is tiny compared to the front of a real battle ship. So it's not even a section of a real one just a small mock up. Kind of cool though.
edit on 30-5-2021 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: tarifa37

originally posted by: gmoneystunt
Hello ATS,

I recently seen this picture although it has been on the internet for years now (I did not see it posted here on ATS? My apology if it is) of a Russian Navel Ship Embedded in a Stone Mountain at an abandoned, rusty and old Military Base in Murmansk, Russia. I am not an expert on photo analysis to tell if this picture is real or not. If it is real does anyone have any info on it?

Were the Russians also dabbling with the Philadelphia Experiment?

I found the answer. It is a war memorial. www.osieturner.com...
""It turns out that this is not a real ship’s bow sticking out of the rock face, but rather a memorial. It commemorates a World War II battle known as the Liinakhamari Landing, and is dedicated to the Soviet sailors that lost their lives during the siege. The memorial was opened on the 30th anniversary of the battle, on October 12, 1974. The entire area is now an open air museum with many WWII era structures, fortifications, and machinery to be found as it was left from the war"".

WAY more believable than the OP's claim. Can't believe they thought this was legit hinky, man, I got my kids' K'nex creations to sell them if they think a war memorial decoration is something to sport stiffness over.
edit on 5/30/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join