It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Crisis: 'It Is Death Valley. Up To 70 Per Cent Of Them Are Dead' - So who is the US "really

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Helicopter drops tend to use either streamers, or nothing at all, since they generally aren't as high or as fast, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's where a lot of the breakage came in.

I know the feeling on the toll. I've been living in an 80 inch sleeper for two straight years, with my other half, and (now) two dogs. The mental toll is becoming pretty hard, without all this crap going on in the world. So I feel you there.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

You posted it with hundreds of photos of parachutes available regarding this. That just stimulated replies from people crying "Oh wow. That's terrible!" and the like...who didn't read or look for anything except what you threaded as true.

Don't be so excited to start a thread on something without checking all available info. Take responsibility! Do your research. Otherwise, youre just as irresponsible as the MSM...and as you can see here, people are responding to this as though it WAS true.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

You posted it with hundreds of photos of parachutes available regarding this. That just stimulated replies from people crying "Oh wow. That's terrible!" and the like...who didn't read or look for anything except what you threaded as true.

Don't be so excited to start a thread on something without checking all available info. Take responsibility! Do your research. Otherwise, youre just as irresponsible as the MSM...and as you can see here, people are responding to this as though it WAS true.

Being the owner of a breaking alternative news site, I do more research on stories than anyone else I know, but I'm also human and susceptible to fatigue and emotion. I'm not perfect, but I do try.

As I commented previously, apparently there were other aircraft, including helicoptors, that were dropping supplies without parachutes. So pictures and videos of supplies being dropped with parachutes would be irrelevant to the OP.

As far as we can tell from the source (supposedly an eyewitness journalist riding in a helicoptor), what he saw was true and that was what I shared.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Except that a helicopter wouldn't have been dropping them from 15,000 feet. So while the premise of dropping supplies without a parachute might be true, the reality is far different. Helicopters drop aid supplies from low altitude in a hover generally. They don't do well at high altitudes like 15,000 feet, and most can't go anywhere near that high.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Except that a helicopter wouldn't have been dropping them from 15,000 feet. So while the premise of dropping supplies without a parachute might be true, the reality is far different. Helicopters drop aid supplies from low altitude in a hover generally. They don't do well at high altitudes like 15,000 feet, and most can't go anywhere near that high.

That is true. I likely jumped the gun on posting this thread and let my emotions get involved from the start, which is a huge mistake when you have a reputation as a reliable and accurate source of news. I've already admitted that several times in my comments.

I'm actually not feeling very well today and I certainly don't have the energy to defend my OP in this thread. That said, and you being a mod, would you do me a favor and just delete the thread? Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Lol

The US would never make such a stupid mistake
edit on 2014-08-11T14:07:44-05:00201408bpm3108pm4431 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Lol

The US would never make such a stupid mistake

Well look at the kind of BS we get fed from the MSM. I really think there is no way to know what's really happening over there unless you are actually over there.

There is nothing anyone can tell me to make me believe that this soldier is really shooting ISIS targets on the ground. Look how high the helicoptor is. You can't even see anything on the ground!

Ivan Watson
‏@IvanCNN

"Helicopter gunner blasts targets below while flying over ISIS front lines to deliver food,water,diapers to Mt Sinjar"

pic.twitter.com/B8GvQMxY1S

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
id bet he can see his tracers.......
Look this was a snafu from the get go.....you can go back a hundred years and it was a snafu then.....
That's any Yazidis got out alive we are thankful for.......
meanwhile, back at the ranch....How high does a MANPADS REACH 14000 feet....maybe...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join