It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Beheads Christian Children

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Swills
Can I play devils advocate for a moment?

Why is it the US's business? We left Iraq. They didn't want a SOFA Agreement. It's none of our business.

(I actually felt unclean saying that, but I think it should be discussed. With humble apologies)

I would say it's not only the USA's business, but every allied state that intervened in 2003. Why? Because Iraq has called on its allies to help them. There may not have been any agreements to extend the stay of allied troops in Iraq, but what's the use of having an ally if we're going to leave them when times get rough?

We all contributed to this mess, and we should all help to clean it when asked for assistance.

Just my personal opinion of course.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Wherever ISIS came from.... I think we should blow them the hell back there......
They are inimical to nearly everything not their own...............

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: beezzer

I wish I hadn't seen those pictures. I usually always steer clear of such things because I don't want those mental images in my head, but here they are trapped in my memory for eternity.

I'll say a quick prayer just for you.

Are you familiar with ISIS and their history? The short answer is we created them. We created this monster and we are responsible for destroying it.

I am familiar, and I agree that we created/funded them. Aren't they doing what they were developed to do?

Create unrest. Check.
Cause massive loss of life. Check.
Disrupt Sovereign nations. Check.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: coastlinekid

Well this is about the best source available:

LINK

How about you present YOUR counter links saying al Qaida is working with ISIS?

edit on 10-8-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

But we knew what we were creating when we developed ISIS!

I can only assume at this point that the US government is;

A) Evil because they knew this was going to happen

B) Incredibly Stupid because they don't have a clue!

Neither is a relief because being evil or stupid is no way to run a government!

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: coastlinekid

So what source would be acceptable to you?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Even though GOD created all humanity, didn't he wipe out humanity (except for Noah's family) when humanity became too evil?

The USA created ISIS and now they've become too evil. We need to take a lesson from our creator and follow his lead..hopefully with the help of allies..both old and new.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

The US didn't directly fund them, they just made the same mistake they did in Afghanistan, when they armed the Afghanis against the Russians.

The mess in Syria is a convoluted mess, there's even speculation that Al Assad facilitated the rise of ISIS to divide the rebel movement, and that certainly happened..

edit on 10-8-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm sure there's been Sunni Iraqi soldiers defecting to ISIS. Remember when some thirty plus thousand Iraqi soldiers just cut tail and ran from ISIS? The problem with Iraq is that it's split into three sects, the Sunnis, Shiites, and the Kurds. None of them want to fight for each other. The Iraqi Sunnis feel they've been discriminated against by the US sponsored Iraqi Shiite gov't so chances are many Iraqi Sunnis support ISIS and have joined their ranks.

Borders Crumble, Army Gone - Iraq Spirals Out Of Control

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Even though GOD created all humanity, didn't he wipe out humanity (except for Noah's family) when humanity became too evil?

The USA created ISIS and now they've become too evil. We need to take a lesson from our creator and follow his lead..hopefully with the help of allies..both old and new.

I trust the wisdom of God.

I have absolutely no faith in the wisdom of the US government. I've spent @30 years working for them. Trust me.

They're idiots.

And probably evil also.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

The US didn't directly fund them, they just made the same mistake they did in Afghanistan, when they armed the Afghanis against the Russians.

The mess in Syria is a convoluted mess, there's even speculation that Al Assad facilitated the rise of ISIS to divide the rebel movement, and that certainly happened..

We can speculate on ATS all day long, and it doesn't matter.

Ironically, we're probably right more often than we are wrong on world events.

The US knew. They had to have known.

They just chose not to act.

The question then becomes, "Why"?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

As a private industry "ObamaCare" consultant, I can assure you that it's mostly naïve stupidity.
cwm

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

But we knew what we were creating when we developed ISIS!

I can only assume at this point that the US government is;

A) Evil because they knew this was going to happen

B) Incredibly Stupid because they don't have a clue!

Did we really create ISIS though?

From my understanding, ISIS was formed in 2004, under the name 'Jamāʻat al-Tawḥīd wa-al-Jihād', in response to the allied invasion of Iraq.

I wouldn't say we created them. But i would definitely say that we facilitated their growth and expansion during the Syrian civil war.

ISIS (then ISI) was all but destroyed in 2010, after the USA and Iraq waged assassination projects against its leaders. Only after Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi came to power, did ISIS begin transitioning into something much more sinister. It just so happens that around the same time, the Syrian civil war kicked off, and the USA began supplying moderate rebels with weaponry and training. It gets muddy here, as i don't think the USA intentionally trained the fighters of ISIS. I think that a lot of ISIS members were once moderates who received US training in Libya or Syria, and later defected to ISIS itself.

I don't think we created ISIS, but we definitely facilitated its growth, expansion and military prowess.
edit on 10-8-2014 by daaskapital because: clarification

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I agree 100%.

And even if we had nothing to do with ISIS, say we were the isolationists George Washington wanted us to be, we are still in the terrorist destruction business, right? Why America has been so slow to deal with ISIS is scary. Simple airstrikes will deal with them effectively, yet we do nothing until recently.

Finally, it took genocide for America to lift a finger....
edit on 10-8-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Don't say a prayer for me, say a prayer for all those children and those yet to be murdered.

I agree and that is a very disturbing reality...

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I remember when the first Gulf Iraqi War was launched and all the media and experts said that Saddam's "Elite Revolutionary Guard" would give us hell. It would be the "Mother of all Battles!". Three days later, this so-called "elite" force was wiped off the map, with virtually no American casualties incurred in the process.

Will a duplicate success be possible in Iraq against the ISIS army?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

First of all the US did not create ISIS, the US did not create the extremism and path these people decided to follow. Iraq has failed themselves, and a good example is when 10,000s well equipped and trained Iraqi soldiers fled from 100s, yes that is right 100s, of ISIS soldiers.

Any support the US provided the fighters against Syria is long gone. One thing to remember is that it is not like we have a long list of people we can decide to support over there. When you get dealt a pair of twos you still need to play the hand, and not dwell over a pair of aces would be better. It is what it is...

Someone said the world needs to join and wipe them out...ok let the world do it. Everyone talks about how weak America has become and how badass so many other countries are now, well let them play the global reach game for once. There are 100s of ISIS type extremist groups, in the end did doesn't matter who you support for they will be the next ISIS that comes along.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I remember when the first Gulf Iraqi War was launched and all the media and experts said that Saddam's "Elite Revolutionary Guard" would give us hell. It would be the "Mother of all Battles!". Three days later, this so-called "elite" force was wiped off the map, with virtually no American casualties incurred in the process.

The Iraqis have a lot of hate, but they have no heart.... The middle East also has a different view to the value of life in general that is hard for us to understand.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I agree and that is a very disturbing reality...

Is that reality much different than in Africa or Central/south America? It is all over the place, we just seem to focus on one at a time....lol

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

And even if we had nothing to do with ISIS, say we were the isolationists George Washington wanted us to be, we are in the terrorists destruction business, right? Why America has been so slow to deal with ISIS is scary. Simple airstrikes will deal with them effectively, yet we do nothing until recently.
Finally, it took genocide for America to lift a finger....

Maybe because it cost us a trillion dollars every time we try... Sometimes I feel like that is the true war. Keep ISIS type groups going so we bankrupt ours selves into oblivion. No country can go head to head with us, and we are basically the true global reach country, so if they just keep us in the spending business they might win that way.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join