It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Illuminated Drone videos/images for baseline footage. IFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
On another thread a suggestion by LoopyLou for ATS drone owners or their friends to provide phone images, photo and video for baseline comparisons. Even grab them off the internet and place them here for all to see.

Obviously with the increasing use of private drones, day and night the rate of unidentified aerial sightings is on the increase, having a thread that shows what drones are capable of would go a long way to educate us all in these terrestrial based Identifiable Flying Objects (IFO).

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

Too late, the aliens have already disguised themselves as hobby drones, the same way they did Chinese Lanterns.

Thats why we have no new footage of UFO's.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Starts at about 2:30
I once saw one that put the bat man symbol in the sky, that was very cool

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk
Well done, keep them coming

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Exactly my point on another thread.

The more drones in the sky the better it is for the real stuff to fly around and be considered insignificant.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Great and useful idea for a thread you have here. Tiny, hobby aircraft with video capabilities are surprisingly accurate and revealing. These like the one above can be bought by anyone for as little as $40 US.
Oh...and they come in ufo shapes and all kinds of alterations that when up there, they would fool us all!

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Great idea for a thread. I had been wondering to myself how the advances in drone and RC aircraft would have on this subject as far as sightings. The only thing that still comes back to is movement. These craft still cannot make supersonic speeds and change directions. Other than that however if you were to see one just hovering at distance, it still would look unearthly. Great vids.

Grim

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimmley

They can move very fast to an inexperienced observer.

Imagine if you had DoD funding to build a big one.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

True, I am not saying that there is not black projects that could do this, however what we "know" of the law of physics and what we "know" is out there, movement/speed will still be the key for identifying more than shapes and lights.

I mean they all are UFO's (Unidentified Flying Objects) until proven otherwise.
I like the vids though they are fun to watch.

Grim

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

The problem is not just drones,lanterns etc it's the quality of the equipment used to film them and the person behind it.

Phones,small video cameras all suffer from one major problem the size of the digital sensor to many people believe the hype re phone cameras and how well they film at night.

I saw a light in the sky one night now I knew what it was and took a quick video with my 16mp DSLR with an APS-C size sensor . To give an idea of sensor sizes look at this

To give you an idea the small size on there is around 6.5 x 4.5 mm an iphone 5 is even smaller at 4.5 x 3.4 mm.

Small sensors have problems at night with noise all sensors have a base rate for sensitivity and when the iso level is increase NOISE gets increased.

Now when the object was flying towards my house I knew what it was I did not change the shutter speed from the last shoot I did I just switched on turned up the iso and filmed here is a still at that setting.

I then lowered the shutter speed so more light is hitting the sensor.

Now it was easy to see the shape of the local police helicopter.

Now that was filmed using manual focus the best way for lights in the sky at night because as an autofocus camera hunts for focus the lights can appear to change shape and size that's why we have all these BS youtube morphing ufo videos on the net and here!!!

Now just maybe if more of these light in the sky were filmed with better equipment & people who have half an idea how to take pictures/video we would really see what all those lights on youtube videos really are.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimmley
These craft still cannot make supersonic speeds and change directions.

Sorry but when people make claims like that for their lights in the sky I get a
they have no idea of size or distance and so have no frame of reference so you can't give an accurate guess at speed,height or distance for a dot of light in the sky on a video even if you filmed it.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Great post wmd_2008, the intent is to educate people so they respond rather than react.

I worked in the dive industry for over ten years doing underwater photo and video and yes I understand much of the UFO images we get are disappointingly captured by people doing the best they can with what they have got. the fault is often not with the person but with the product they have, which was not intended to be pointed at the sky and focused sharply, even more so at night.

This compels our reactive minds to justifiably fill in the gaps to achieve a sense of certainty ( the same happens when we see a criminal occurrence and then are asked to repeat it) which has spawned all sorts of stories, real or imagined to be.

Having a baseline helps our minds put together what our eyes see with better references resulting in better results.

Great contribution.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

top topics

join