It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[MOON] Post your moon shots!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
To share the love, this thread is for sharing your recent (or not so recent) shots of our moon. If it's not too much to ask, please share some info about your gear too. I myself always love to read what gear were you accompanied with!

Moon shots only, please.

I'll start with my most recent moon shot, taken through Meade LXD75, 21mm plössl eyepiece with Asus padfone2 mobile phone camera.

1/120sec
f/2,4
ISO50

And this below, taken with Nikon D700 with 120-400mm Sigma telezoom lens, on 16th of April 2011 (without tripod, LOL)

focal @400mm
1/320sec
f/7,1
ISO200

edit on 08America/Chicago88America/Chicago817 by menneni because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'll show you a picture of the sun-set in Greece... amazingly that ball can be covered by our moon ...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: samlf3rd

Beautiful shot, excellent focus!

link   
I think the only moon shots I've got would violate T&C's.

I will be spending some time on the beach tomorrow watching the super moon and meteor shower.

link   
a reply to: menneni

Good shots. You need to make it a little darker I would go around 200 shutter speed ISO 50? Never heard of it, but cool!, and most importantly get a picture when the moon is not full so you can get shadow detail on the horizon. You also need to use a good tripod (I even take off my strap so the wind doesn't blow the camera-one tiny jolt of your camera on Earth is like 300 miles worth of shake a few hundred thousand miles away).

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I used a Tamaron at like 450mm for this one on a nice Manfrotto tripod-no strap attached to camera.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Moon Rise:

Lunar Eclipse:

Misc.:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BGTM90

Awesome

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Thanks for the gear info and tips too.

Yeah, i know about the tripod.. Shooting without tripod is like pissing against the wind, lol! Often, while shooting, i tell myself "i have steady hands", then post-processing being cranky about all those soft photos..

At the moment i have no real camera gear, just a crappy Nikon J1 with kit lens and that mobile phone camera. Really sad about it. I had so sweet gear once, but had to sell them all. D90, D700 and all those nice lenses, like Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Zandvoort an Zee, The Netherlands, 2 months ago.

300mm 1/1250 f/5.6 ISO 400 handheld... i should get out tonight, it looks huge.

edit on 9/8/14 by awatara because: bit of pp

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I just went to the State Fair (Indianapolis-I live near Chicago in Indiana), and camera took a crap! I can't turn it on for some reason. I have been trying everything. Looks like I am going to have to save up. It's my hobby and I am in a few camera clubs around Chicago. Crappppp....

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for participating into this thread, i've been enjoying all the photos very much!

Oh thats bad! I know how you feel!

Just try, Carefully some contact cleaner (or IP-alcohol) into power switch and check your battery connection. I hope you'll get it fixed without spending a lot. Losing the ability to photograph is like a dagger to the heart!

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Can't see the moon tonight because of crappy weather same forecast for tomorrow aswell hope it clears to see the super moon

Fingers crossed

All great pics people really sweet shots

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Taken with my $100 Canon point and shoot, July 2014.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Here's one of my first attempts during a perigee supermoon

Celestron 6" and Canon 450D.

and here's a video I took using a little webcam thing:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Took some pictures of our moon here in Denmark from my garden while getting eaten by mosquitoes.
I used a ladder as support

Used a Cannon sx500is standard everything

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

We already have an astrophotography thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Not doing your sensor much good with that shot (black dot)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Tonight's supermoon:

Not as good looking as other images here, but then it was only taken with an old compact camera through binoculars,

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join